A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:57:48 pm
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon."  (Read 292472 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #180 on: March 29, 2012, 02:56:01 pm »

My fundamental objection is that people should, whenever possible, resolve a situation without killing another human being.

I wholeheartedly agree, but that shouldn't supersede their right to defend themselves and/or family without legal repercussions.

Not all situations offer peaceful resolution strategies.  It is naive to think that a 95lb woman is going to simply talk her 200lb assailant out of rape, or a 90 year old man is going to run from an armed youth.  These victims should feel confident in their ability to apply deadly force to preserve their lives without worrying about whether or not their actions will result in prison, loss of income, loss of job, or significant financial hardship.

Additionally, I feel secure in the knowledge that if someone attempts to break into my home right now, while I am at work, my wife, without hesitation can defend herself, and not be arrested, imprisoned, and put on trial for doing so.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #181 on: March 29, 2012, 03:00:04 pm »

Additionally, I feel secure in the knowledge that if someone attempts to break into my home right now, while I am at work, my wife, without hesitation can defend herself, and not be arrested, imprisoned, and put on trial for doing so.

SYG has absolutely nothing to do with that. Common law has provided for that since before the founding of our nation. Whatever happened to "tell it to the judge"?

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #182 on: March 29, 2012, 03:06:47 pm »

I think you are looking for THIS thread:

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=18881.msg233725#msg233725

....the thread you are on here is for holding up a mirror to what law enforcement in Sanford Floriduh (and many other backwards communities) is all about.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oik6dXm-0l0[/youtube]
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #183 on: March 29, 2012, 03:14:42 pm »

¯\_(シ)_/¯

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #184 on: March 29, 2012, 03:22:09 pm »

SYG has absolutely nothing to do with that. Common law has provided for that since before the founding of our nation. Whatever happened to "tell it to the judge"?

Sure it does.  My cop buddies used to joke (before SYG) that you should always drag the body inside before you call us.

If he's kicking the door in, she can shoot him.  She doesn't have to wait until he has already committed the crime, or broken the door down.

"A person who unlawfully and by force enters or attempts to enter the dwelling, residence, occupied vehicle of another person, or a place of business is presumed to be doing so with the intent to commit an unlawful act involving force or violence."

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #185 on: March 29, 2012, 03:34:23 pm »

Would it please you guys if I just referred to it as White Pride?
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #186 on: March 29, 2012, 03:43:21 pm »

Sure it does.  My cop buddies used to joke (before SYG) that you should always drag the body inside before you call us.

If you shoot someone through a door who isn't shooting at you, you should go to jail for terminal stupidity. Seeing something in a movie doesn't make it a good idea out here in the real world.

By the way, if that's a serious concern for you, I strongly recommend you reinforce your door jambs so you can feel secure in the knowledge that you have plenty of time to call the police and they have plenty of time to arrive to stop the forced entry before it becomes an entry. It's not that expensive unless you have to replace the door because your existing one is a piece of junk. It's a lot better than shooting your neighbor's kid who was pounding on your door for whatever reason.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #187 on: March 29, 2012, 04:11:50 pm »

If you shoot someone through a door who isn't shooting at you, you should go to jail for terminal stupidity. Seeing something in a movie doesn't make it a good idea out here in the real world.

By the way, if that's a serious concern for you, I strongly recommend you reinforce your door jambs so you can feel secure in the knowledge that you have plenty of time to call the police and they have plenty of time to arrive to stop the forced entry before it becomes an entry. It's not that expensive unless you have to replace the door because your existing one is a piece of junk. It's a lot better than shooting your neighbor's kid who was pounding on your door for whatever reason.

Nobody is gonna be kicking in your door to sell you Girl Scout cookies.  The real world IS that if someone is kicking in my door, there is bad intent.  And that not only justifies, but mandates self-defense.

Talk about living in movie world...have you not seen how easy it is to kick in a door?  Geez, nathan, I thought you were into reality more than that...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #188 on: March 29, 2012, 04:34:15 pm »

Nobody is gonna be kicking in your door to sell you Girl Scout cookies.  The real world IS that if someone is kicking in my door, there is bad intent.  And that not only justifies, but mandates self-defense.

Talk about living in movie world...have you not seen how easy it is to kick in a door?  Geez, nathan, I thought you were into reality more than that...

If they're on the other side of the door, they haven't kicked it in. Lest you forget, it could be the cops serving a no-knock warrant on the wrong house. Wink

As far as the ease of kicking in doors, yes, I'm quite aware. That's why I said that if Gaspar thinks that there actually is such a threat then he should consider reinforcing his jambs. With a good solid door and steel-reinforced jambs, nobody's coming through without a battering ram, and even then it will take a while.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #189 on: March 29, 2012, 05:16:50 pm »

My cop buddies used to joke (before SYG) that you should always drag the body inside before you call us.
If he's kicking the door in, she can shoot him.  She doesn't have to wait until he has already committed the crime, or broken the door down.

So what ended up being the outcome of this case (other than the rumor that the shooting victim had an LE connection)?

TULSA, Oklahoma -- An off-duty Tulsa County Sheriff's Deputy shot and critically wounded a man at the deputy's apartment complex early Saturday morning.

On Sunday, The Tulsa County Sheriff's Office said the deputy is on routine, paid leave while the shooting is being investigated.  They are treating the shooting as an "on duty" shooting, according to spokes person Shannon Clark.

Corporal Dan Miller with the Tulsa Police Department said the deputy heard someone outside "messing with" his door at Somerset Place Apartments, 9300 E. 65th St. South, at about 4:30 a.m.

"The deputy had his service weapon with him and felt there was some kind of threat," Miller said.

He grabbed a gun, opened the door and saw a white man described as about 27 years old at his door.

The man was shot three times and was taken to a local hospital in life-threatening condition.

Miller said the investigation was in its early stages but that police haven't found a weapon on the injured man. There was no indication that the two men knew each other, he said.

The injured man is described as a 27-year-old, heavyset white male. The name of the deputy has not yet been released.

They did not release the name of the victim or the deputy involved in the shooting.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 05:18:53 pm by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #190 on: March 29, 2012, 08:05:00 pm »

Parents of murdered British students criticise Barack Obama
The parents of two British students murdered in Florida have criticised President Barack Obama for his lack of compassion over their son's deaths.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/9173820/Parents-of-murdered-British-students-criticise-Barack-Obama.html

His failure to respond to three letters sent to the White House was because there was no "political value" and not worthy of a few minutes of his time.

They spoke out as teenager Shawn Tyson began a life sentence after being found guilty of the murder of James Cooper and James Kouzaris last April.

The 17 year old, who shot the men as they begged for their lives, will die in prison.

His conviction of first degree murder carries an mandatory life sentence without the chance of parole.

The powerfully built teen even looked bored as emotional DVD presentations about the dead men prepared by their grieving parents were shown in court.

Trust but verify
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #191 on: March 29, 2012, 08:15:50 pm »

Maybe the two Brits didn't have IT or skillets....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt6zqCXwMXA

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #192 on: March 29, 2012, 08:16:55 pm »

Or perhaps their killer isn't walking free.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #193 on: March 29, 2012, 08:18:12 pm »

Or perhaps their killer isn't walking free.
Or perhaps these two Brits just didn't look like Obama's son....

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #194 on: March 29, 2012, 08:49:16 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt6zqCXwMXA

I would hate to get kabonged by a skillet.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org