A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:47:07 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Akira Sushi Bar  (Read 4009 times)
Ed W
City Father

« on: March 23, 2012, 02:16:29 pm »

Location(s) Being Reviewed: Akira Sushi Bar, Mingo Valley Expressway, Owasso
Date/Time of Visit: 23MAR2012 @ 1230
Quality of Food (1-5): 4
Menu/Food Options (1-5): 5
Quality of Service (1-5): 5
Atmosphere (1-5): 5
Overall Rating (1-5): 5
Price ($-$$$$$): Lunch entrees $7 and up.  Dinner entrees $8 and up.
What makes this restaurant unique: Nicely done 'intimate' dining that fosters conversation.

Tell us about your experience:

Number One Daughter and I had lunch there today.  She had teriyaki chicken with steamed rice and veggies along with a salad.  The latter had a very nice peanut based dressing.  The food was presented well, though I didn't get photos.  It's dim inside and I didn't want to use a flash.

I had the combo tempura that included shrimp, broccoli, sweet potato, and onions is a light tempura batter.  This is to say that it wasn't some huge glob of breading with a mysterious foodstuff inside.  The tempura added crispness without making the food oily.  It came with steamed rice and miso soup.  I ordered a Philadelphia roll as well, consisting of smoked salmon, avocado, and cream cheese.  Naturally, I curled my nose hairs by adding a bit too much wasabi.

Daughter liked it!  She's the more adventurous kid when it comes to eating out.  I brought home a take-out menu for She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed - a decidedly non-adventurous diner - and we brought part of Lyndsay's lunch home too.  Granted, she doesn't eat like I do, but there was more than enough food to satisfy both of us.

Total cost was a little over $20.

http://www.akirasushibars.com

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 06:14:14 pm »

I enjoy your use of the phrase she who must be obeyed.  That's from "rumpold of the Bailey", right?

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 08:09:16 pm »

It started with H. Rider Haggard's novel "She" about a 2000-year-old Egyptian sorceress (if I remember right) who tried to usurp the Pharaoh with her lover's help.  They escaped with their lives, but the lover was killed somehow.  She waited 2000 years for him to be reincarnated, etc, etc.

Just watch the movie with Ursula Andress.  It's probably better to leave the sound off.

The folks who wrote Rumpole stole the bit from Haggard and used it to comic effect.  All writers are thieves, myself included. 

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org