A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:41:23 am
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You people hate Obama  (Read 69803 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #240 on: May 24, 2012, 06:35:46 am »

You are right guido. I have said nice things about you on this forum.

I must just be a liar.

As I have said over and over, I am not the type to just fall in line for any candidate. I do my homework and often post what I have learned on this forum. I wrote about Obama's relationship with his pastor long before any of the national media did. I also thought that he had not been involved in national party politics long enough to be effective as president. I still think that was one of his problems this past three years. I have also started many a thread about other candidates, including Mitt Romney, Rick Perry, and others.

But somehow, in your simpleton view, that is a terrible thing to you. It is as if I wrote negative things about McDonalds and then wrote bad things about Burger King, you would obsess about my past views about McDonalds. Instead of writing your own thoughts about hamburger restaurants, you would continually repost my thoughts about the golden arches again and again.

Frankly, I am disappointed in you, guido. I thought you were up to the challenge of discussing issues and candidate's backgrounds in a civil and moderated forum. I thought you could be able to express your views like an adult. Instead, your creepy obsession about continually just posting things I said years ago shows you are not able to be a grown up.

Put on your big boy pants and defend your candidate instead of just rehashing other people's words about theirs.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #241 on: May 24, 2012, 07:22:37 am »

RM may get the best of both worlds.  Biden is not favored in swing states, and the swing states are the primary battle ground for this election.  As it gets closer to the convention, Biden my be replaced.  His replacement guarenteeing an election land-slide for President Obama will likely be Hillary Clinton.

I know. . .I know, you're going to say I'm nuts for suggesting it, but I think it will happen.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #242 on: May 24, 2012, 08:48:10 am »

RM may get the best of both worlds.  Biden is not favored in swing states, and the swing states are the primary battle ground for this election.  As it gets closer to the convention, Biden my be replaced.  His replacement guarenteeing an election land-slide for President Obama will likely be Hillary Clinton.

I know. . .I know, you're going to say I'm nuts for suggesting it, but I think it will happen.

Let me be the first. You're nuts for suggesting it. Any successful precedent you can name?

onward...through the fog
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #243 on: May 24, 2012, 08:56:30 am »

I also thought that he had not been involved in national party politics long enough to be effective as president. I still think that was one of his problems this past three years. I have also started many a thread about other candidates, including Mitt Romney, Rick Perry, and others.

That’s really not the problem.  He has no leadership skills and didn’t have a track record of them prior to becoming president and the last three years have been pretty much as I’d predicted.  He’s had some shining moments, but for the most part his priorities have been out of whack and he’s deferred leadership to others on crucial issues.

There’s a huge difference between being a leader or an organizer.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #244 on: May 24, 2012, 09:04:31 am »

That’s really not the problem.  He has no leadership skills and didn’t have a track record of them prior to becoming president and the last three years have been pretty much as I’d predicted.  He’s had some shining moments, but for the most part his priorities have been out of whack and he’s deferred leadership to others on crucial issues.

There’s a huge difference between being a leader or an organizer.
Not one of those remarks is defensible. In fact they sound like boilerplate criticisms of every Democrattiic presidential candidate since the late fifties. Sounds like your recovery from republicanism is failing. Climb back up on that wagon. Smiley

onward...through the fog
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #245 on: May 24, 2012, 09:20:21 am »

Not one of those remarks is defensible. In fact they sound like boilerplate criticisms of every Democrattiic presidential candidate since the late fifties. Sounds like your recovery from republicanism is failing. Climb back up on that wagon. Smiley

I guess you’ve missed my point before about what a great leader President Clinton was and how much of a better leader I thought Hillary would have been than President Obama.  My observation has nothing to do with partisanship, it’s all about job performance.

Let’s hear you defend President Obama’s leadership record by listing some of the obvious high lights.  You really can’t use Obamacare since he deferred to Congressional leaders to lead on the issue.  Rather than to make a wholesale dismissal of my observation simply because it suits your paradigm, let’s see some brain power, Aqua.  Wink

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #246 on: May 24, 2012, 09:28:13 am »

Frankly, I am disappointed in you, guido. I thought you were up to the challenge of discussing issues and candidate's backgrounds in a civil and moderated forum. I thought you could be able to express your views like an adult. Instead, your creepy obsession about continually just posting things I said years ago shows you are not able to be a grown up.

Put on your big boy pants and defend your candidate instead of just rehashing other people's words about theirs.
You are are a double speaking, flip flopper and you are disappointed in ME? Frankly, I'm embarrassed for you. There, insults aside,  since you cannot identify the point in time when Obama quit being a liar etc. enough for you to favor him over Romney, can we all assume that Obama is still a liar, etc. but Romney is just worse? That's what is sounds like.

And please stop changing the subject from "just rehashing other people's words about theirs". We are talking specifically about your unabashed bashing of Obama on the one hand and you starting a thread about OTHER PEOPLE hating him on the other. This thread is about people hating Obama, of which you were one (and perhaps would still be one had Hillary gotten the nomination). Why can't you see how bad that makes you look>

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #247 on: May 24, 2012, 09:32:11 am »

Let me be the first. You're nuts for suggesting it. Any successful precedent you can name?

I am not sure Gassy is nuts but I tend to agree with you. Dumping Biden could be seen as purely political and reactionary, and a signal of failure and blame laying IMO. As much as I enjoy ripping on Biden for being, well, Biden, whatever he says that is stupid is shrugged off.

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #248 on: May 24, 2012, 09:42:49 am »

I guess you’ve missed my point before about what a great leader President Clinton was and how much of a better leader I thought Hillary would have been than President Obama.  My observation has nothing to do with partisanship, it’s all about job performance.

Let’s hear you defend President Obama’s leadership record by listing some of the obvious high lights.  You really can’t use Obamacare since he deferred to Congressional leaders to lead on the issue.  Rather than to make a wholesale dismissal of my observation simply because it suits your paradigm, let’s see some brain power, Aqua.  Wink

Why? This is a game with no end. None of my observations are acceptable to anti-Obaman's. None of Republican observations are acceptable to me. What I see as leadership, you see as failed leadership. What you see as out of whack, fits my concept of responsible and pragmatic. and on, and on...What I see In the end is this is a popularity contest just like high school. We pick our favorites and defend them to the end against all criticizms whether accurate or not because of our long term goals, strategy preference and what tactics we identify with.

Issues and goals rule. Long term strategy and the tactics used to achieve those goals are a close second. Unless candidates are totally unappetizing and incompetent, they are almost irrelevant. Either of these candidates are sufficiently prepared to do the job. When I look at what each represents, I see a real difference in their goals and tactics. Dwelling on those differences is harder than attacking personality and skewing their histories. But either is acceptable as as administrators. Once you divide up into teams as some have done, the general good is destroyed.

Anyone who would characterize Obama's administration as failed, his goals as anti-business, anti-American and generally out of step with the population is just being cool to their school. They can make their case and those who disagree can make theirs. Its futile unless you just enjoy high school cheerleading.

onward...through the fog
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #249 on: May 24, 2012, 09:45:38 am »

Can't dump this guy.  He wants you to smell this finger.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #250 on: May 24, 2012, 11:01:49 am »

The flies are circling.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/onpolitics/post/2012/05/biden-unfavorable-swing-state-poll/1#.T74t9Y6Ri5Q

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #251 on: May 24, 2012, 11:59:32 am »

Why? This is a game with no end. None of my observations are acceptable to anti-Obaman's. None of Republican observations are acceptable to me. What I see as leadership, you see as failed leadership. What you see as out of whack, fits my concept of responsible and pragmatic. and on, and on...What I see In the end is this is a popularity contest just like high school. We pick our favorites and defend them to the end against all criticizms whether accurate or not because of our long term goals, strategy preference and what tactics we identify with.

Issues and goals rule. Long term strategy and the tactics used to achieve those goals are a close second. Unless candidates are totally unappetizing and incompetent, they are almost irrelevant. Either of these candidates are sufficiently prepared to do the job. When I look at what each represents, I see a real difference in their goals and tactics. Dwelling on those differences is harder than attacking personality and skewing their histories. But either is acceptable as as administrators. Once you divide up into teams as some have done, the general good is destroyed.

Anyone who would characterize Obama's administration as failed, his goals as anti-business, anti-American and generally out of step with the population is just being cool to their school. They can make their case and those who disagree can make theirs. Its futile unless you just enjoy high school cheerleading.

In other words, you are either much more disassociated with what has happened the last three and a half years than you’d like us to believe or you simply cannot come up with a list of substantive achievements. 

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #252 on: May 24, 2012, 12:01:03 pm »

I really don’t see them dumping Biden.  I’ve tried to think of a precedence and can’t for such a move. 

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #253 on: May 24, 2012, 12:14:45 pm »

Can't dump this guy.  He wants you to smell this finger.

I thought he wanted me to go the The Villages...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmRXH7RkCZQ[/youtube]

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #254 on: May 24, 2012, 03:32:55 pm »

In other words, you are either much more disassociated with what has happened the last three and a half years than you’d like us to believe or you simply cannot come up with a list of substantive achievements. 

Nah, just don't want to play that game. There are other games though....Thunder plays Spurs Sunday. We all love Thunder, right? Smiley

onward...through the fog
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org