A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:18:19 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You may like an Audi and I am looking for a Jeep  (Read 7909 times)
TheMindWillNotLetGo
Activist

« on: March 13, 2012, 06:05:58 pm »

I got a 2006 Audi A4 s-line I haven't listed yet...70k miles...KBB puts is somewhere between 12k-15k

I am looking for a Jeep (YJ I think it is) even trade for the Audi should put me somewhere around a 2004 to 2006 model with normal mileage on it.  I am only looking for Straight 6 with manual transmission.

Just trying to get lucky here before I go full out CL/Dealer and all that.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 08:34:23 pm »

I got a 2006 Audi A4 s-line I haven't listed yet...70k miles...KBB puts is somewhere between 12k-15k

I am looking for a Jeep (YJ I think it is) even trade for the Audi should put me somewhere around a 2004 to 2006 model with normal mileage on it.  I am only looking for Straight 6 with manual transmission.

Just trying to get lucky here before I go full out CL/Dealer and all that.

Sounds like a prepper vehicle.  You going prepper on us, already??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TheMindWillNotLetGo
Activist

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 02:17:20 pm »

Sounds like a prepper vehicle.  You going prepper on us, already??

Lol, no.

I just want to get back to basics, something I can tear the doors off if the mood strikes, drive around with my shirt off. Cheesy
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 05:38:05 pm »

Worked with a guy who bought a cheap older Jeep - still in pretty good shape - with the intent to go out with his buddies on the weekends 4 wheeling.  Pretty standard activity to this point.  They took it a step further by having contests to go fast down a slope diagonally, and see how many times they could roll their jeeps.  Most rolls won.  The jeeps got pretty banged up, but they would hammer out the metal, and drive to work all week, then go back out and roll some more on the weekends.  They got pretty much most of a summer out of those jeeps.

This was back in mid '70s.  Could find a jeep pretty cheap.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TheMindWillNotLetGo
Activist

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 07:34:07 pm »

Worked with a guy who bought a cheap older Jeep - still in pretty good shape - with the intent to go out with his buddies on the weekends 4 wheeling.  Pretty standard activity to this point.  They took it a step further by having contests to go fast down a slope diagonally, and see how many times they could roll their jeeps.  Most rolls won.  The jeeps got pretty banged up, but they would hammer out the metal, and drive to work all week, then go back out and roll some more on the weekends.  They got pretty much most of a summer out of those jeeps.

Lol at rolling competition Cheesy
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 10:15:42 am »

If you cranked the wheel on a CJ-5 sudden enough, you didn’t need a slope to flip it.  That short wheelbase could get you in serious trouble!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TheMindWillNotLetGo
Activist

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 10:16:52 am »

If you cranked the wheel on a CJ-5 sudden enough, you didn’t need a slope to flip it.  That short wheelbase could get you in serious trouble!

Man I saw one of those just the other day - it was kind of funny looking.., in a cool way of course. Wink
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 10:20:23 am »

Man I saw one of those just the other day - it was kind of funny looking.., in a cool way of course. Wink

I didn’t like climbing in or out of the 5, the seat sat too far back and you had to sort of climb around the metal side to get in and out.  The 7 was much better in terms of ingress & egress.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 09:08:20 pm »

About the time I started getting interested in cars, there was a big slug of WWII and Korea military jeeps that hit the market.  Could buy them cheap.  There were ads in magazines and everything.  I actually saw one that was "as shipped" - not sure where, but the thing was on a crate/pallet type structure, with wheels off, setting on wooden supports.  Brand new - never had the tires on the ground - so they said.  Sold for $250.  Don't think there were many of those around, but there were a lot of military (like in M*A*S*H) jeeps around.

And it said Willys on the back instead of Jeep.

TheMindWillNotLetGo
Activist

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 04:08:51 pm »

About the time I started getting interested in cars, there was a big slug of WWII and Korea military jeeps that hit the market.  Could buy them cheap.  There were ads in magazines and everything.  I actually saw one that was "as shipped" - not sure where, but the thing was on a crate/pallet type structure, with wheels off, setting on wooden supports.  Brand new - never had the tires on the ground - so they said.  Sold for $250.  Don't think there were many of those around, but there were a lot of military (like in M*A*S*H) jeeps around.

And it said Willys on the back instead of Jeep.

there are a couple of old CJs on CL right now, and I think I saw one or two willys and/or army jeps, but in horrendous condition...

I got a dealer in owasso interested in my trade for waht looks to be a decent one in red, but we had trouble getting hooked up today  Angry
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org