A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:30:27 pm
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) Guthrie Park  (Read 43103 times)
Boksooner
Activist

« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2012, 07:35:20 pm »

to bad about the weather

I went over a little before 5, when it was just windy. It looks great.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2012, 08:39:11 pm »

I went over a little before 5, when it was just windy. It looks great.

About 1/2 of my container planted pepper plant blew over when the gust front came through.  I normally call them potted pepper plants but figured I had better be more precise on this forum.

Boksooner
Activist

« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2012, 09:42:28 pm »

About 1/2 of my container planted pepper plant blew over when the gust front came through.  I normally call them potted pepper plants but figured I had better be more precise on this forum.

I had to help one of the volunteers with some road barriers. He was trying to reposition them and the wind was blowing them away before he could put down the sand bags.
The walk over was especially fun. If I'd had a wing suit, I'm pretty sure I could have glided all the way over.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2012, 03:51:54 pm »

I had to help one of the volunteers with some road barriers. He was trying to reposition them and the wind was blowing them away before he could put down the sand bags.
The walk over was especially fun. If I'd had a wing suit, I'm pretty sure I could have glided all the way over.

Nice to meet you.

The project manager and I had to take down a stop sign shortly after that because it was about to come down in the wind as well.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2012, 04:40:50 pm »

home run!
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2012, 07:48:17 am »

home run!

That is not an over statement. The park was packed all weekend. The symphony was excellent and the fire works were great (if a little out of synch with the Tchaikovsky) I can't wait to try the food at Lucky's...the menu is killer and I'm a sucker for empanadas.
DwnTwnTul
Activist

« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2012, 08:14:22 am »

The empanadas were okay, but not great.  The tacos, on the other hand, were quite good and so was the salsa that came with them.  Several other things on the menu looked interesting; I can't wait to try them.  The kiosk used to order is clunky and needs a lot of work.  Not to mention there needs to be more than one and perhaps one needs to be outside of the restaurant area.  In today's iPhone world, I would suggest an app instead.

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2012, 02:18:05 pm »

Lucky's needs one of these

and some posted hours

I think it was open at lunch today
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2012, 10:27:35 pm »

Lucky's needs one of these

and some posted hours

I think it was open at lunch today

Just posted today they'd be open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner.  Food until 9 and drinks until 10.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2012, 05:22:19 am »

Just posted today they'd be open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner.  Food until 9 and drinks until 10.

I didn't see that when actually looking at the place.
looks deserted    I'm not sure I'd even realize it was a place of business if driving along Cameron or Cincinnati.
Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2012, 07:07:18 am »

I didn't see that when actually looking at the place.
looks deserted    I'm not sure I'd even realize it was a place of business if driving along Cameron or Cincinnati.

Where is it exactly
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2012, 08:44:33 am »

Where is it exactly

In the Guthrie Green. Stand in the middle of the Green and look to the north east

-or

Find the Restrooms and then walk due east.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2012, 10:06:34 am »

In the Guthrie Green. Stand in the middle of the Green and look to the north east

-or

Find the Restrooms and then walk due east.

The Dock (building on the north side) has restrooms on the west end, Lucky's on the east end facing the bocce ball court.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2012, 10:12:40 am »

The Dock (building on the north side) has restrooms on the west end, Lucky's on the east end facing the bocce ball court.

Walk out of Gypsy coffee house and run to the opposite corner.  When you slam into a solid building, look up.  There it will be.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2012, 10:42:20 am »

Walk out of Gypsy coffee house and run to the opposite corner.  When you slam into a solid building, look up.  There it will be.

Consider yourself Lucky...or at least consider yourself to be at Lucky's
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org