A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:09:05 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) Guthrie Park  (Read 42778 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2012, 10:55:21 am »

Belagio!

Ocean's 3!
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2012, 04:24:29 pm »

Brady District Park to Be Named 'Guthrie Green'

http://www.ktul.com/story/19024085/brady-district-park-to-be-named-guthrie-green

Downtown Tulsa -
A new park in the Brady District is to be named after Woody Guthrie.

The George Kaiser Family Foundation has announced the name of its new park in the Brady Arts District, Guthrie Green, after the Oklahoma native and folk music icon.

Guthrie Green will be a public park, located within the square block between West Brady Street and Cameron Street and Boston and Cincinnati Avenues.

It will feature concrete paths, a pavilion, and a stage for live entertainment.

The park will focus on special events, activities, and music that will showcase a diverse schedule of events, combining local, regional, and national acts.

"After the community input process, Woody Guthrie emerged as a strong theme, and it was important to George Kaiser Family Foundation that the park reflected the culture and sentiment of the area," said Stanton Doyle, George Kaiser Family Foundation Program Officer.

The George Kaiser Family Foundation purchased the comprehensive Woody Guthrie Archives, which will live in the Woody Guthrie Center, located directly across from the Guthrie Green.

The archives include original musical recordings, nearly 3000 song lyrics, many books by and about Guthrie, more than 700 pieces of artwork, letters ,and postcards, as well as manuscripts and personal journals.

The George Kaiser Family Foundation (GKFF) is a charitable organization dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty through investments in early childhood education, community health, social services, and civic enhancement.

Based in Tulsa, Oklahoma , GKFF works primarily on initiatives developed in collaboration with Tulsa -based direct service organizations. For more information, visit .

Guthrie Green is scheduled to open in September.
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2012, 10:03:45 pm »

That sunday concert series looks pretty sweet. Hope this spurs more stuff being open sundays downtown.

Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2012, 09:41:31 am »

That sunday concert series looks pretty sweet. Hope this spurs more stuff being open sundays downtown.

What Sunday concert series?

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2012, 09:45:35 am »

What Sunday concert series?

The ones you won't attend because you hate everything right?
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2012, 09:48:54 am »

The ones you won't attend because you hate everything right?

Cite, please.   Grin

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2012, 09:50:09 am »

Cite, please.   Grin

Search recent posts by Oil Capital.

Pocket full o'sunshine 'e is.
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2012, 10:25:57 am »

The current concert schedule for Tulsa Roots Music's outdoor series (which Koster said is still being booked) is:

Sept. 9 - The Wailers. The current incarnation of the band created by the late Bob Marley.

Sept. 16 - Del Castillo. An Austin, Texas, band whose music has been featured in the movies "Kill Bill, Vol. 2" and "Spy Kids 3D."

Sept. 23 - Nation Beat. An Anglo-Brazilian world music ensemble.

Sept. 30 - Robbie Fulks and Nora O'Connor with Elephant Revival. Original acoustic folk music.

Oct. 7 - Beausoleil with Michael Ducet and the Three Bad Jacks. Cajun and rockabilly.

Oct. 14 - The Paul Thorn Band and Uncle Lucius. Two bands specializing in Southern blues-rock.

Oct. 21 - Shannon McNally and Samantha Crain. Singer-songwriters.

Oct. 28 - TBA

http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/article.aspx?subjectid=272&articleid=20120715_272_D1_CUTLIN164852

HeyMambo
Citizen

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2012, 06:09:51 pm »

Starting September 9th, Hey Mambo will be open Sunday's from 11 to 8.

DTowner
City Father

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2012, 11:10:45 am »

Starting September 9th, Hey Mambo will be open Sunday's from 11 to 8.

Excellent.  This concet series should really increase activity in the Brady area on Sundays.  This park is really going to be incredible.
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2012, 12:50:19 pm »

Thanks, TheTed.  I didn't know what you were speaking of and the specific article under discussion did not mention the concert series.

The concert series will be a very nice addition to downtown; and the park design looks great!

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2012, 09:33:10 am »

From my office window, I can report that the Guthrie Green is now officially green.  Sod has been laid.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2012, 10:07:25 am »

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.397308320333104.93999.396909733706296&type=1

Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2012, 12:16:59 pm »

Super! Now, if I can only find a place to park.

Anybody care for a mass blockade of Tipsword properties as a form of civil disobedience?
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2012, 01:21:41 pm »

Super! Now, if I can only find a place to park.

Anybody care for a mass blockade of Tipsword properties as a form of civil disobedience?

I never know if your serious or sarcastic, but I hope this post in particular is sarcastic.  The parking garage behind the BOK tower is open to the public after hours on weekends and is less than a two block walk to the park.  The sign still says $2.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org