A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:40:03 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) Guthrie Park  (Read 42783 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« on: February 29, 2012, 02:58:37 pm »

Located between the Mathews Warehouse building (currently being redeveloped by Kaiser/Philbrook/Gilcrease) and the new Griffin Communications building, this one block park replaced a semi-truck freight yard and contains a geothermal plant which will supply businesses in the brady district and also provide many other public amenities. It it currently under construction.

Brady Park Ampitheater

Brady Park Pavilion
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 01:27:28 pm by Admin » Logged
Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 03:23:41 pm »

Love it!

These are the only rendering's I've seen of this.
Thanks!
Jeff P
Civic Leader

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 09:25:59 am »

Thanks for posting.

I've been wondering what the structure is that's going up on the Brady Park site... I thought I remembered it was going to be an amphitheater of some sort, but I also hadn't seen any renderings.

This is going to be fantastic!
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 10:21:38 am »

There is an interesting rendering/map on a banner attached to the fence along the south side of the park.  This park is going to be way more amazing than I thought.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 10:28:41 am »

Yep like the structures in the park.  I really like the "loggia" along Brady because it will enhance the pedestrian friendly nature of the area between the other buildings on Brady and the Ballpark/Greenwood and Blue Dome districts.  The Matthews Warehouse et al are not going to be super pedestrian friendly and a park space right across from that could have made a pedestrian "unfriendly" gap in the area. But this loggia right across the street will help and act as an added comfortable place to walk along that particular block.  It can offer shade in the hot summer, some protection from the rain etc.  What could have been a potential gap in the fabric of the area, will with the loggia be MUCH more pedestrian frienly.  The trees along that street will help make the area feel nicer to walk along as well.  Now, if someone would just build something in that lot along the street just to the east we could really have some good connection between the various districts.  Oh, and the Pavilion looks quite snazzy.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012, 12:47:02 pm »

The current projection for opening the park is early September.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 12:20:05 pm »

Great! Fall is the best time to plant grass...at least the kind you roll around, er walk on.
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 03:27:55 pm »

I'm glad to see that it is finally starting to wrap up.  Smiley  I'm pretty impatient about things like this (as I'm sure everyone is well aware) and I feel like this project has been going on for a long time.  I guess that quality projects take time.  I'll be drinking beer there soon enough.

During Tulsa Tough, I was walking the course with a couple of people from chamois butt'r from KC and I was just thinking about how much nicer it will be next year with the park and museums finished.

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 08:08:00 am »

I'm glad to see that it is finally starting to wrap up.  Smiley  I'm pretty impatient about things like this (as I'm sure everyone is well aware) and I feel like this project has been going on for a long time.  I guess that quality projects take time. 

Projects with geothermal heating/cooling plants underneath them take time.
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2012, 03:50:49 pm »

Projects with geothermal heating/cooling plants underneath them take time.

I know, but my irrational impatience doesn't. Smiley

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 10:06:23 pm »

Hey Mambo posted video of the fountains being tested this eve on FB.  Looked pretty sweet.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2012, 08:57:14 am »

Hey Mambo posted video of the fountains being tested this eve on FB.  Looked pretty sweet.

I'm looking at their page and seeing nothing.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2012, 09:15:13 am »

I'm looking at their page and seeing nothing.

My bad, the other Hey Mambo...

http://www.facebook.com/heymambotulsa

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2012, 10:32:44 am »

The mist ones are pretty kewl, look like volcanic flames in the videos.  I like that each of the different granite block/fountains has a different look and texture. They have put a lot of thought and some nice touches into this park.  Looks to be quality too. 

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2012, 10:52:55 am »

My bad, the other Hey Mambo...

http://www.facebook.com/heymambotulsa

Belagio!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org