A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 07:56:00 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) Guthrie Park  (Read 43032 times)
Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2012, 02:36:02 pm »

I never know if your serious or sarcastic, but I hope this post in particular is sarcastic.  The parking garage behind the BOK tower is open to the public after hours on weekends and is less than a two block walk to the park.  The sign still says $2.

Great place to park. I park there during the day and during the few evenings I can make it downtown to eat or drink.
5 minute walk to Joe Momma's, 5 minute walk to the Guthrie Green.
For $2, you can't beat it.
godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2012, 07:41:31 pm »

The free parking on the street beats $2 bucks :p

Thank you,
Robert Town
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2012, 08:24:58 am »

Parking a bicycle is no hassle at all.  Cool
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2012, 12:01:51 pm »

Most things beat $2 bucks.  I usually pay $1 per buck.
 Grin
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2012, 04:04:08 pm »

CRAP...Now we'll never get money from OKC.  "We spoil you, Tulsa."

Touring Guthrie Green today apparently.

She's also practicing her "smell the fart" acting.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2012, 05:53:50 pm »

CRAP...Now we'll never get money from OKC.  "We spoil you, Tulsa."

Touring Guthrie Green today apparently.

She's also practicing her "smell the fart" acting.

You crack me up. You read her face perfectly.

onward...through the fog
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2012, 07:55:46 pm »

"We spoil you, Tulsa."

Did she say that?

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2012, 01:31:24 am »

Did she say that?

Nah.  I made it up.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2012, 09:36:52 am »

Parking a bicycle is no hassle at all.  Cool

Has bicycle theft become a problem in the Tulsa area?  I saw a spot on TV saying it has become a big problem in some areas of the US.  There was even a video clip of some thieves cutting down a tree a bike was locked to in order to steal the bike. 

TheTed
City Father

« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2012, 10:18:30 am »

Has bicycle theft become a problem in the Tulsa area?  I saw a spot on TV saying it has become a big problem in some areas of the US.  There was even a video clip of some thieves cutting down a tree a bike was locked to in order to steal the bike. 
I've never had a problem. Of course the longest and most out of sight I ever leave mine locked up is for Drillers games. But I ride a dinged up 20-year-old mountain bike.

I don't think local criminals here would even know how to determine whether a bike is worth anything. They'd probably just nab the shiny new walmart bike.

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2012, 10:31:15 am »

They nab any bike that is poorly secured, then rush to the pawn shop to see if it has any value. If not they ride them around and trade them to others. When they break down they leave them wherever or throw em in the river.

Last summer I saw a bike whose rear wheel was locked to a pole by the Blue Rose on the river. The next day it was missing it's front wheel. The next day it's seat was missing. The following day the pedals and handlebars were gone. Finally, all that was left was a frame, a wheel and a lock. All of this must have happened in front of runners, bikers and nearby diners. It was funny to watch it slowly disappear.

Bikes are one of those things we could mass produce and leave in public places for general use and receive great benefit. A good path bike isn't that hard or complicated to make. The bikes would be instantly recognizable as muni bikes and unsaleable. Transients would benefit. Pawn shops would hate it.

onward...through the fog
tulsasooner
Citizen

« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2012, 09:06:30 pm »

Got the sod in at Guthrie Park and they are working on the landscaping.  Went by today and it looks great!  The water displays were working, and looked extremely nice.  Does anyone know when the Brady District flats will begin construction?  How about Urban 8 or Hartford Commons?  Any word on the Vandevers restoration (fence outside) or the YMCA?
Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2012, 09:35:24 pm »

Got the sod in at Guthrie Park and they are working on the landscaping.  Went by today and it looks great!  The water displays were working, and looked extremely nice.  Does anyone know when the Brady District flats will begin construction?  How about Urban 8 or Hartford Commons?  Any word on the Vandevers restoration (fence outside) or the YMCA?

i thought I read the stuff by hey mambo (the flats?) would start once the hotel was done.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2012, 05:30:44 am »

It just gets better & better:

Lucky's to open Eatery at Guthrie Green:
http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/article.aspx?subjectid=272&articleid=20120819_272_D1_CUTLIN222687

All chef Matthew Kelley can say for certain about his latest culinary endeavor is that it's going to be different from what he produces regularly at his fine-dining restaurant on Cherry Street, Lucky's.

Even if the name of the place sounds very familiar.

Kelley will operate the new restaurant space on The Dock of the Guthrie Green. It will be called - not too surprisingly, perhaps - Lucky's on the Green. And that's where any similarity between the two establishments ends.

"Something like this hasn't been done before around here, so there's no template to follow," Kelley said. "But what we're going to be doing is what I would call 'international park fare.'

"That includes things like empanadas, bahn mi sandwiches, homemade gelato and cotton candy, local beers, and organic wines," he said. "Basically, food you wouldn't think you would find in a park setting."

What attracted Kelley to the idea was the challenge of it - creating high-quality food out of a relatively small kitchen space in an outdoor setting - as well as the chance to be a part of what has become the city's most dynamic region.

"What people like the George Kaiser Family Foundation and others are doing in the Brady District is really exciting," he said. "And to be able to be a part that - it should be fun."

Kelley said Lucky's on the Green plans to be open for lunch and dinner seven days a week.

"We'll always do our best to be available when an event is going on," he said.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2012, 05:32:20 am »

Also there's another new article on the park with a more extensive schedule.. including movies put on by Circle Cinema
http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/article.aspx?subjectid=272&articleid=20120819_272_D1_CUTLIN417218
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org