A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:13:29 pm
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Someone Please Pay for my Rubbers  (Read 124440 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #90 on: March 05, 2012, 11:51:51 am »

Limbaugh just lost eighth advertiser.

Must be the liberal media.

Maybe keep opinion radio to sports.
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #91 on: March 05, 2012, 01:08:31 pm »

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Honestly, I'm a little surprised this has gone as far as it has.  Rush has said despicable things in the past -- several times, actually -- and it hasn't caused advertisers to run for the exit in such public fashion.  I'm not sure what it is exactly that puts this particular insult beyond the pale.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #92 on: March 05, 2012, 01:19:11 pm »

Honestly, I'm a little surprised this has gone as far as it has.  Rush has said despicable things in the past -- several times, actually -- and it hasn't caused advertisers to run for the exit in such public fashion.  I'm not sure what it is exactly that puts this particular insult beyond the pale.

Too much crazy on the air lately.  Mix him with all the political nuttiness running on the air and everyone's on overload.  Just an opinion.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2012, 01:21:08 pm »

I am really surprised. But the guy looked particularly bad this time and his apology to me was not heartfelt. More like plausibly deniable at a later time.

onward...through the fog
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #94 on: March 05, 2012, 02:28:38 pm »

So far, the fool has lost:

AOL
Tax Resolution Services
Citrix
Sleep Number
Legal Zoom
Quicken
Sleep Train
Pro-Flowers
Carbonite

How many more sponsors can he have?  I would imagine that's about 80% of his big money advertisers.  
The rest are nothing:

Goldworth.com
American Standard Heating and Air
Batteries Plus
Stamps.com
Incomeathome.com
Barracuda
National Tire & Battery

I think we have just witnessed the end of the Rush Limbaugh show!

Hopefully that means we can reclaim about 4 hours of KRMG for more useful programming.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #95 on: March 05, 2012, 02:29:41 pm »

So far, the fool has lost:

AOL
Tax Resolution Services
Citrix
Sleep Number
Legal Zoom
Quicken
Sleep Train
Pro-Flowers
Carbonite

How many more sponsors can he have?  I would imagine that's about 80% of his big money advertisers.  
The rest are nothing:

Goldworth.com
American Standard Heating and Air
Batteries Plus
Stamps.com
Incomeathome.com
Barracuda
National Tire & Battery

I think we have just witnessed the end of the Rush Limbaugh show!

Hopefully that means we can reclaim about 4 hours of KRMG for more useful programming.

One can only hope, but given their track record recently, I would not bet on it.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #96 on: March 05, 2012, 02:34:46 pm »

The head hancho at one particular advertiser, Carbonite, is an Obama supporter. Coincidentally he still has no problem supporting another host who has used the same language, Ed Schultz. It's all politics. People need to ease off a little and realize that Rush is no different than Jon Stewart and Bill Maher. I imagine (hope) that for the most part they believe what they say, but deep down they really are dependent on you tuning in every day. I begrudge none of them and appreciate all of them. They are what they are. No more no less.

Not that I am particularly defending him, but the guy talks for upwards of 12 hours a week, off the cuff. Odds are he is going to have a Freudian slip now and then.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #97 on: March 05, 2012, 02:35:32 pm »

I'm guessing the companies will quietly sign back up once the story passes through the 24/7 news cycle.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #98 on: March 05, 2012, 02:40:06 pm »

I'm not sure what it is exactly that puts this particular insult beyond the pale.

He basically called everybody's daughter a slut. His past insults have been hurled specifically at liberals or darkies.

erfalf, I could buy the 'slip' thing if he hadn't gone back the next day and taken it even farther with the "I'm entitled to a tape of you having sex" BS.

It couldn't have helped that it was a rant straight out of his 1994 playbook with the continuous references to "the feminazis" and so on. You gotta keep your schtick fresh or people get tired of it.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #99 on: March 05, 2012, 03:10:46 pm »

He basically called everybody's daughter a slut. His past insults have been hurled specifically at liberals or darkies.

By "darkies" you are referring to black people, right?

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2012, 03:36:15 pm »

erfalf, I could buy the 'slip' thing if he hadn't gone back the next day and taken it even farther with the "I'm entitled to a tape of you having sex" BS.

It couldn't have helped that it was a rant straight out of his 1994 playbook with the continuous references to "the feminazis" and so on. You gotta keep your schtick fresh or people get tired of it.

With all due respect, I'm not sure if your advice holds up in reality. Fresh or not millions of people are still listening. Agree with him or not, he is the most prolific radio personality of our generation. A generation that has basically forgotten radio for more on demand forms of entertainment.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #101 on: March 05, 2012, 03:36:34 pm »

Bachmann is making up her own reality again...

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/05/bachmann-on-limbaugh-wheres-the-outrage/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_politicalticker+%28Blog%3A+Political+Ticker%29

CNN) - Former GOP presidential candidate Michele Bachmann on Monday pointed to partisanship in the uproar over Rush Limbaugh's comments about a female law student, saying top conservative women face similar "vitriol" but receive far less attention.

"I have gone through myself, and experienced, more things said about me and I have never seen this level of outrage on the left about what left-leaning commentators said about me," Bachmann said in an interview set to air Monday on CNN's "Piers Morgan Tonight."

The Minnesota congresswoman added that for a conservative woman, "it seems like there is no level of vitriol that's beyond the pale."

"I've been on the receiving end of it. We all know Governor Palin has been on the receiving end of it. You don't see this level of outrage," Bachmann said. "You certainly don't see advertisers cutting back."

Limbaugh apologized Saturday after calling the law student, Sandra Fluke, a "slut" and a "prostitute" following her appearance advocating for contraception coverage at a Democratic hearing last month.

His comments sparked an uproar of criticism from Democrats and Republicans alike, as well as a swarm of advertisers who pledged to take their business elsewhere.

On Monday, Bachmann said the main take-away from Limbaugh's comments was that people should be more careful in their choice of words.

"That's what we should learn out of all of this, is that on both sides, we want to pay attention to what we're saying," Bachmann said.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #102 on: March 05, 2012, 03:52:38 pm »

Oh, look...it's Crazy Eyes Bachmann!

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #103 on: March 05, 2012, 04:43:12 pm »

With all due respect, I'm not sure if your advice holds up in reality. Fresh or not millions of people are still listening. Agree with him or not, he is the most prolific radio personality of our generation. A generation that has basically forgotten radio for more on demand forms of entertainment.

Part of the audience just tunes in to hear what the "enemy" is doing.  The ignorant listen because they believe him.

He was having a Don Imus moment....except Don Imus' intent was not necessarily evil, just stupid.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 04:45:13 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #104 on: March 05, 2012, 06:52:57 pm »

I'm really tired of this "both sides do it" routine. This woman from Georgetown is a law student who spoke as a citizen. Bachmann and Palin were running for President. Seems like those two occupations are different. You open yourself to a lot more criticism as a politician than as a citizen guest of a congressional panel.

onward...through the fog
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org