A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:09:41 am
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Evans Fintube Brownfield Site  (Read 59979 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #90 on: December 03, 2015, 11:26:29 pm »

I like the Raw Space idea, but I don't like it for this site (and the raw space site has way too many buzzwords for me and possibly wasn't proofread)

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #91 on: March 02, 2016, 12:36:21 pm »

Evans-Fintube Redevelopment Moving Forward

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/evans-fintube-redevelopment-moving-forward

The Evans-Fintube industrial site north of downtown Tulsa could be under development within a year if all goes according to plan.

The City of Tulsa has a $600,000 federal grant to start environmental cleanup at the old foundry. Though the grant is less than half the estimated $2 million to completely remedy the problems, there’s a tentative agreement with a developer for a retail, office and residential project.

Economic Development Coordinator Clay Bird said the city could have sold the site awhile ago to another industrial user.

"That site is something that really has a much bigger, better use to spill over into the rest of the community to really help some revitalization efforts and stimulate other development," Bird said.

One hitch is the adjacent Watco rail yard, which would hamper the project’s residential component and possibly kill the deal.

"We've got a group that's working together with the railroad to look at all the different options that might be available and try to figure out a way to make that happen, which would be in everybody's best interest," Bird said.

Rail yard relocation was a proposed Vision renewal project, but it didn’t make the final cut.

Tulsans could see results soon. Bird said if all the pieces fall into place, including moving the rail yard, work could begin in the next six months to a year.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #92 on: March 02, 2016, 12:42:14 pm »

Very cool.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #93 on: March 02, 2016, 12:45:27 pm »

Very cool.

The way I read the article is that Clay Bird tried to sell the site to an industrial user but some folks probably stopped him.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #94 on: March 02, 2016, 05:17:47 pm »

4 condos and a mattress king with 500 parking spots?
johrasephoenix
« Reply #95 on: March 02, 2016, 08:12:58 pm »

God bless them and I hope there's a real development proposal with some meat behind it.  But goddam that is a tough site.  It's isolated on all sides by impassable highways, railroad, and OSU-Tulsa parking lot.  I hope they're able to figure something out.

It kills me to say this but perhaps the classic mixed-use residential actually isn't the best use on that spot. 

But maybe it is and it'll be a catalyst for OSU-Tulsa to get its act together and quit land banking so many acres of prime land.  Or maybe the city/state/feds can do something to make I-244 more crossable.
Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #96 on: June 16, 2018, 08:11:36 pm »

Guess the BMX deal is solid...

http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/city-finalizes-deal-with-usa-bmx-to-bring-headquarters-indoor/article_388060e5-d99a-5d4e-b811-69671314b5a3.html
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #97 on: June 17, 2018, 07:16:16 pm »

Still a bummer they dismantled a perfectly good stadium on county property in anticipation of this, but I think it's a major win this is going on a brownfield within the city limits.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #98 on: June 18, 2018, 08:18:34 am »

Tulsa really is a beautiful town.

It looks like home.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #99 on: June 18, 2018, 08:45:31 am »

Still a bummer they dismantled a perfectly good stadium on county property in anticipation of this, but I think it's a major win this is going on a brownfield within the city limits.

I'm curious what happens to the old stadium site now? 

And that aerial is outdated, no ONEOK Field, OETA, Hogan, The Edge, etc.  That will be a cool shot once the BMX site is redeveloped and Blue Dome fills in with Santa Fe Square and the Annex, plus the View, GreenArch 2 and Hartford Crossing. 

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #100 on: June 18, 2018, 08:51:11 am »

I'm curious what happens to the old stadium site now? 

And that aerial is outdated, no ONEOK Field, OETA, Hogan, The Edge, etc.  That will be a cool shot once the BMX site is redeveloped and Blue Dome fills in with Santa Fe Square and the Annex, plus the View, GreenArch 2 and Hartford Crossing. 

Hmm...sounds like a job for my little quadcopter .  Cool

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #101 on: June 18, 2018, 08:54:33 am »

Yasss!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHEs5k7nGZc

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #102 on: June 18, 2018, 01:54:42 pm »

That it is, also be nice to see the new Barn progress.

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #103 on: February 12, 2022, 11:31:25 am »

City to consider two development proposals for mixed-use development on Evans-Fintube site

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/city-to-consider-two-development-proposals-for-mixed-use-development-on-evans-fintube-site/article_28e2c198-8aef-11ec-a15c-877cc28c6837.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #104 on: February 14, 2022, 10:45:00 am »

One will save the building (Begood Development & others) and the other is planning to scrape the site (Rose Rock & others). From the public meetings Rose Rock has proposed building a soccer stadium and from my understanding was that it was met with shock from residents who participated in the meetings. Begood is a local black women developer who is wanting to turn the space into a cultural/business hub - something that you'd see in Atlanta that would utilize the building that is there to kick start the development and then infill the rest of the site as the market warrants.

I believe after the next community meeting which is where the final plans are being shown off, the steering committee and city have to score the proposals based on the RFP outline and then award the site. Rose Rock has pretty much ignored everything that has been said during the public input phase and that's a large part of the scoring process.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org