A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:15:57 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saturday road trip  (Read 30293 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2012, 11:57:21 am »

Nope, not yet.

Of the NBB offerings, a buddy of mine, after I had told him I had just got back from Kansas, had told me he liked the NBB 1554 a little better.  I may have to split FT and this 1554, which BA notes as a Belgian Dark Ale with an ABV of about 5.6.  Sounds tasty.  Next roadie...

I drank a few 1554's in TX a few years ago.  I thought it was pretty good.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2012, 12:11:44 pm »

Oh the hell with it ! It's most likely because I cant have it so it makes me want it all the more.

Reminds me of "Smokey and the Bandit".

When I was in the Navy at Virginia Beach (NAS Oceana), I was always asked to bring back some Coors when I went home on Leave.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2012, 12:23:28 pm »

I'm getting my taste buds ready for this:
"Drink Carib & piss Corona!"

There are some tasty Pilsner/Lager beers out there.  MillerCoorsBud actually does a good technical job of making a very light flavored and color beer with minimal flaws.  It's just too light flavored for an increasing number of beer drinkers.  Most Pilsner style beers will be in the range of 5.5% to maybe 6% so it's not only the alcohol level involved when comparing "full strength" beers.  3.2 by weight is a bit over 4% by volume.  Many wheat beers are "full strength" at about 4.5%.   3.2 is, well....3.2.

rdj
City Father

« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2012, 12:32:03 pm »

I'm not a huge fan of Carib.  BUT, the locale in which you are normally drinking it makes it taste a lot better!

Have you had Banks Beer when in the Caribbean?

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2012, 02:00:50 pm »

I'm not a huge fan of Carib.  BUT, the locale in which you are normally drinking it makes it taste a lot better!

Have you had Banks Beer when in the Caribbean?

All of them seem to taste better at a lower latitude at or near sea level.

We will see if it's still a good match for the taste buds.  Never even heard of Banks.  What islands is it available on?

Kalik is pretty good, I had that on Grand Bahama.  Presidente is another that's nice for a laid back afternoon at the beach.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
rdj
City Father

« Reply #50 on: February 29, 2012, 02:02:30 pm »

Banks is brewed on Barbados.  They also brew the Guinness Foreign Extra and a few other beers and energy drinks.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2012, 04:32:08 pm »

OK, we have beer.  Conan, I'll let you know how it is.  Picked up the last six they had at Collins.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2012, 07:28:11 pm »

I will be going to Belize in the fall for a wedding.    Any recommendations for good beer?

Trust but verify
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2012, 08:21:50 am »

Hoss you will like the Santa Fe Nut Brown. I tried it after Conan suggested it to me.
I have since found another favorite that I am almost burning myself out on. It's that good.
Point Special Lager. It is fantastic.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2012, 08:44:06 am »

Hoss you will like the Santa Fe Nut Brown. I tried it after Conan suggested it to me.
I have since found another favorite that I am almost burning myself out on. It's that good.
Point Special Lager. It is fantastic.

The Nut Brown is incredibly good.  Almost scary good, as I could likely sit down and drink an entire six pack in one sitting.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2012, 03:02:08 pm »

I will be going to Belize in the fall for a wedding.    Any recommendations for good beer?

This is all I managed to Google on it:

http://www.ratebeer.com/BestInMyArea.asp?CountryID=24

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org