A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:04:23 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saturday road trip  (Read 30280 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2012, 08:08:12 pm »

Technically red wine should be served at 65 degrees.  I doubt any liquor stores in Oklahoma set their thermostat that low...

I don't think the "adult Capri Sun" boxes in my house are ever under 68 degrees.  Wink

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2012, 08:10:31 pm »

I just wanted to make fun of the drunks.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2012, 08:11:53 pm »

I just wanted to make fun of the drunks.

That's lushes.  Lushes.  Drunks drink crappy domestic beers.

Shocked

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
rdj
City Father

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2012, 08:07:47 am »

That's lushes.  Lushes.  Drunks drink crappy domestic beers.

Shocked

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2012, 08:10:35 am »

OK, I stand corrected, but my point was, the brewery had a refrigeration requirement that Oklahoma by law could not comply with.  So no NBB beers for Oklahoma.

I wasn't trying to prove you wrong necessarily, I just wanted to show exactly how ridiculous the law is.

NBB has been able to work around the issue with other states/counties but not Oklahoma!

As far as Belgium style brews, I really like Ommegang.  Their Farmhouse Hennepin is one of my favs right now.  I also like their Three Philosophers brew.

I guess I saw the picture of the mound of whatever that was and blacked out from the chest pains and totally forget it was even a part of this thread.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2012, 08:22:49 am »

Why?

It probably is because I have had to drink the 3.2 version my whole life, and when I finally had the chance to taste what the real deal tasted like. It ruined me on buying the Okie watered down stuff.

Oh the hell with it ! It's most likely because I cant have it so it makes me want it all the more.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2012, 08:43:26 am »

It probably is because I have had to drink the 3.2 version my whole life, and when I finally had the chance to taste what the real deal tasted like. It ruined me on buying the Okie watered down stuff.

Oh the hell with it ! It's most likely because I cant have it so it makes me want it all the more.

Yep, that happened to me as well living down in Texas.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2012, 09:45:03 am »

I will drink Boulevard wheat when I'm working around the house and a beer sounds good, or occasionally a Coors "yellow belly" if I'm meeting friends out.  It's more or less water for us serious drinkers  Grin

With all the driving trips I made out of state last year, I kept bringing back Fat Tire and other NB products.  Finally though, I just kind of lost my taste for Fat Tire.  It's got somewhat of a sunflower seed note to me.  Santa Fe seems to have more of a full body to it.  Don't get me wrong, I'll gladly bring it back as gifts and won't turn one down if offered, it's just not a primary brew for me anymore.  My tastes seem to change a few times a year anyhow.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2012, 09:54:33 am »

I will drink Boulevard wheat when I'm working around the house and a beer sounds good, or occasionally a Coors "yellow belly" if I'm meeting friends out.  It's more or less water for us serious drinkers  Grin

With all the driving trips I made out of state last year, I kept bringing back Fat Tire and other NB products.  Finally though, I just kind of lost my taste for Fat Tire.  It's got somewhat of a sunflower seed note to me.  Santa Fe seems to have more of a full body to it.  Don't get me wrong, I'll gladly bring it back as gifts and won't turn one down if offered, it's just not a primary brew for me anymore.  My tastes seem to change a few times a year anyhow.

Yep, I know the feeling.

Except for Sundown Wheat, though.  That never gets old for me.  Guess I will have to go out this evening and get the Nut Brown and see what all this hoop-la is.

Grin

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2012, 09:56:31 am »

Yep, I know the feeling.

Except for Sundown Wheat, though.  That never gets old for me.  Guess I will have to go out this evening and get the Nut Brown and see what all this hoop-la is.

Grin

I thought you'd already tried that.  Their IPA, Porter, and Happy Camper (canned IPA) are all pretty good brews and an attractive price point.  I think Collins has all varieties as well as Ranch Acres.

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2012, 10:34:42 am »

Yep, I know the feeling.

Grin

You will like it Hoss. Conan turned me on to that a couple of Months ago.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2012, 10:53:54 am »

I thought you'd already tried that.  Their IPA, Porter, and Happy Camper (canned IPA) are all pretty good brews and an attractive price point.  I think Collins has all varieties as well as Ranch Acres.

Nope, not yet.

Of the NBB offerings, a buddy of mine, after I had told him I had just got back from Kansas, had told me he liked the NBB 1554 a little better.  I may have to split FT and this 1554, which BA notes as a Belgian Dark Ale with an ABV of about 5.6.  Sounds tasty.  Next roadie...

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2012, 11:02:38 am »

I'm getting my taste buds ready for this:

"Drink Carib & piss Corona!"

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2012, 11:07:44 am »

Man Conan, you are the beer connoisseur.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2012, 11:55:51 am »

Man Conan, you are the beer connoisseur.

And it's a terrible sacrifice, but one I feel obligated to.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org