A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:40:19 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saturday road trip  (Read 30283 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2012, 03:25:58 pm »

What's ridiculous though about that notion in the law is that most people drink hard liquor at room temp or go down the block to QT to get a cup of ice.  Red wine?  Ready to drink.

Nimrods.

Dude, shush it.  Now they'll require red wine to be kept in a freezer or heated to 150 F in storage.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2012, 03:26:40 pm »

Dude, shush it.  Now they'll require red wine to be kept in a freezer or heated to 150 F in storage.

Wow, the Southie just shushed you, Conan...are you going to stand for that?

Grin

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2012, 03:45:35 pm »

Wow, the Southie just shushed you, Conan...are you going to stand for that?

It's unsafe for him out here.  No sidewalks or bike lanes.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2012, 04:06:44 pm »

It's unsafe for him out here.  No sidewalks or bike lanes.

I prefer to hog the lane when I'm out south and really piss the southies off when they are late for a soccer game or rugby practice.

Hoss- I bought New Belgium products warm off a floor display IN Colorado last summer.  So much for New Belgium wanting cradle-to-grave toilet cold

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2012, 04:11:08 pm »

I prefer to hog the lane when I'm out south and really piss the southies off when they are late for a soccer game or rugby practice.

Hoss- I bought New Belgium products warm off a floor display IN Colorado last summer.  So much for New Belgium wanting cradle-to-grave toilet cold

Maybe because their point of brew is Ft Collins?  I'm sure they have just as weird regulations about out of state shipments.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2012, 04:14:48 pm »

All I know is alcohol laws are far more complicated than need be.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2012, 04:15:28 pm »

For the love of Gawd. I just want a strong Bud or Coors sold here. Can't they ship those hot ?
Someone explain that to me again. I still dont get it.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2012, 04:25:58 pm »

For the love of Gawd. I just want a strong Bud or Coors sold here. Can't they ship those hot ?
Someone explain that to me again. I still dont get it.

Is Bud Platinum sold in liquor stores here?  I thought I was told it was.

I stocked up a while back so I haven't been back to a store in a while.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2012, 04:36:27 pm »

Is Bud Platinum sold in liquor stores here?  I thought I was told it was.

I stocked up a while back so I haven't been back to a store in a while.

I havent seen it. But I will ask the next time I go in.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2012, 05:00:26 pm »

What's ridiculous though about that notion in the law is that most people drink hard liquor at room temp or go down the block to QT to get a cup of ice.  Red wine?  Ready to drink.

Nimrods.

Technically red wine should be served at 65 degrees.  I doubt any liquor stores in Oklahoma set their thermostat that low...

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2012, 05:03:27 pm »

Possibly neutralizes pasteurization?  I can't think of another reason except that the brewer requires it.  In this case, however the requirement is (refrigerated trucks, refrigerated on premise), it's still a requirement and one that keeps them from selling in Oklahoma.

No, New Belgium Brewery doesn't require refrigeration at the retail outlet.  They only require refrigeration during transport.

Room temp for the few weeks a beer sits on the shelf isn't going to damage it like a few days in the back of a non-climate controlled hauler.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2012, 05:56:22 pm »

No, New Belgium Brewery doesn't require refrigeration at the retail outlet.  They only require refrigeration during transport.

Room temp for the few weeks a beer sits on the shelf isn't going to damage it like a few days in the back of a non-climate controlled hauler.

OK, I stand corrected, but my point was, the brewery had a refrigeration requirement that Oklahoma by law could not comply with.  So no NBB beers for Oklahoma.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2012, 06:42:16 pm »

You guys like to talk about drinking. He started a thread about a hamburger and mentioned he was buying beer.

The law of TulsaNow is that if anyone ever mentions booze, the entire thread shall turn into a discussion of Oklahoma liquor laws and favorite beers.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2012, 08:01:49 pm »

You guys like to talk about drinking. He started a thread about a hamburger and mentioned he was buying beer.

The law of TulsaNow is that if anyone ever mentions booze, the entire thread shall turn into a discussion of Oklahoma liquor laws and favorite beers.

Actually the thread was about my Saturday road trip to Caney, which did include buying beer, and the return trip involved hamburger.

Grin

And since it involved me having to drive TO ANOTHER STATE to purchase beer that I like, then obviously we are going to talk about the dumbass alcohol/beer laws in this state.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 08:08:45 pm by Hoss » Logged

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2012, 08:07:41 pm »

For the love of Gawd. I just want a strong Bud or Coors sold here.

Why?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org