A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:30:47 am
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 91   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) A Gathering Place For Tulsa  (Read 767551 times)
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1290 on: November 28, 2020, 10:41:53 pm »

Construction is underway on the new dam with a temporary coffer dam now in place on the west side of the river.  A portion of the old dam has been demolished already.  With the bridge construction starting so it can be built in conjunction with the dam and the Children’s Museum well underway I hope we can see new renderings of Phase 2 soon.  Specifically the park areas around the museum and along Crow Creek.

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #1291 on: November 30, 2020, 01:15:13 pm »

Should someone tell this petition.. They're late to the conversation?
https://www.thepetitionsite.com/479/148/630/save-the-tulsa-pedestrian-bridge-conduct-an-official-impartial-study/
Arkansas Rio Gator
Citizen

« Reply #1292 on: December 02, 2020, 11:04:33 pm »

Better late than never, especially when (at the very least) it results in some members of the public seeing a report that was misrepresented to them. See the pedestrian bridge thread ;]
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1293 on: February 21, 2021, 07:39:07 pm »

Gorgeous view of Gathering Place in the snow

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #1294 on: March 10, 2021, 08:56:08 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYg2ghc5bKg&ab_channel=CrosslandCompanies

Due to the pandemic, I haven't been out around Tulsa nearly as much in the past year. Hard to believe this project that we were looking forward to is already topped out.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1295 on: March 10, 2021, 12:49:06 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYg2ghc5bKg&ab_channel=CrosslandCompanies

Due to the pandemic, I haven't been out around Tulsa nearly as much in the past year. Hard to believe this project that we were looking forward to is already topped out.

It makes a big impact on Riverside.  Pretty cool to see the connection they are building to the jogging/bike trail that goes underneath the Crow Creek bridge.  This is the trail that will eventually connect to Brookside. 

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1296 on: April 10, 2021, 09:35:55 am »

Recent photo of the construction progress at Discovery Lab

TSTF
Citizen

« Reply #1297 on: April 25, 2021, 11:19:36 pm »

Our agency patrols the Kendall-Whittier Business District of Tulsa. Very nice improvements have made to this area.

https://www.tulsasecuritytaskforce.com/tulsa-security-guards-services
Jeff P
Civic Leader

« Reply #1298 on: April 29, 2021, 10:31:09 am »

Anyone know what's going on with the new dam construction? Seems like there was a ton of work going on last fall with removing parts of the old dam and putting those temporary piles of gravel or whatever on the west side of the channel.... but seems like I haven't seen anything going on for months now.

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #1299 on: April 29, 2021, 11:29:28 am »

Anyone know what's going on with the new dam construction? Seems like there was a ton of work going on last fall with removing parts of the old dam and putting those temporary piles of gravel or whatever on the west side of the channel.... but seems like I haven't seen anything going on for months now.

I think I remember seeing them saying work would be slow and or non existent during the spring time due to increased water flow from rain. They plan to do the majority of work during the summer and winter seasons when the river flow is not as high.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1300 on: April 29, 2021, 12:33:07 pm »

I think I remember seeing them saying work would be slow and or non existent during the spring time due to increased water flow from rain. They plan to do the majority of work during the summer and winter seasons when the river flow is not as high.

I was going to say the same thing.  This also affects the timeline for the pedestrian bridge.  As much as I like seeing the river full I realize lower water levels will likely accelerate construction on these projects that I’m looking forward to seeing completed.  It will be nice to have Zink Lake full year-round again and also to have direct access back to the West Bank via the new bridge on the Midland Valley trail.  Getting the dam/whitewater flume and bridge completed also enables the Gathering Place to complete their riverbank improvements and finally take down the fencing along the trail.

Jeff P
Civic Leader

« Reply #1301 on: April 29, 2021, 01:52:07 pm »

Ahhh. That makes sense.

Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #1302 on: May 03, 2021, 07:58:39 am »

The City has a good contractor who is being properly cautious during higher flows especially while while working behind the coffer damn.  During the original construction there were several wash-outs and from experience when they fail, it happens quickly.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 09:21:21 am by Vision 2025 » Logged

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #1303 on: June 07, 2021, 04:59:08 pm »

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/watch-now-demolition-of-pedestrian-bridge-over-arkansas-river-begins/article_41de3bce-b394-11eb-9ded-5fdd09de985e.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1304 on: June 09, 2021, 09:38:55 am »

Just another example of Oklahoma Fail.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 91   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org