A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:40:56 am
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 91   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) A Gathering Place For Tulsa  (Read 772087 times)
AdamsHall
Civic Leader

« Reply #825 on: July 28, 2015, 09:10:25 am »

Just wanted to share with you all. I made a video of the current progress with my quad. Available in 4k HD as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3-znDSQxfI

Very nice.  Please do share updates in the future as that is a really cool perspective.  I am particularly interested to see how they construct/grade for the land bridges.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #826 on: July 28, 2015, 10:02:25 am »

I’d love to see monthly updates, then do a time-lapse edit when it’s done.  Very cool!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #827 on: August 15, 2015, 04:11:59 pm »

Manhattan, which was selected to manage the park’s construction in May 2014, is being yanked off the project for Crossland Construction Co. for the remainder of the project, according to a statement released Saturday morning by the George Kaiser Family Foundation.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/a-gathering-place-to-switch-construction-managers-crossland-to-replace/article_2da96d45-318e-594a-9d39-a3893567b737.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
saintnicster
« Reply #828 on: August 16, 2015, 09:46:51 pm »

Manhattan, which was selected to manage the park’s construction in May 2014, is being yanked off the project for Crossland Construction Co. for the remainder of the project, according to a statement released Saturday morning by the George Kaiser Family Foundation.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/a-gathering-place-to-switch-construction-managers-crossland-to-replace/article_2da96d45-318e-594a-9d39-a3893567b737.html

Manhattan construction - always the second-lowest bidder, taking 3 times as long as any other company.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #829 on: August 16, 2015, 10:04:56 pm »

The Tulsa World comments section predicably is melting down again.

Who are all those idiots?
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #830 on: August 17, 2015, 09:25:25 am »

Manhattan construction - always the second-lowest bidder, taking 3 times as long as any other company.

Its not realistic to think this will be a seamless transition.  Expect a lot of timeframe shuffling, and some things cut back.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #831 on: August 17, 2015, 08:36:50 pm »

Its not realistic to think this will be a seamless transition.  Expect a lot of timeframe shuffling, and some things cut back.

Same guys driving the tractors.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #832 on: September 11, 2015, 08:08:20 am »

I'm not sure if I missed the info on here. But what's the reason Manhattan is out and Crossland is in? I was told that yesterday buy a person I work with. I must have missed it on the news also.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #833 on: September 11, 2015, 11:57:12 am »

I'm not sure if I missed the info on here. But what's the reason Manhattan is out and Crossland is in? I was told that yesterday buy a person I work with. I must have missed it on the news also.

I believe it was disagreement over the requested timeline.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #834 on: October 09, 2015, 11:51:15 am »

Children's Museum Gets Kaiser Grant

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/childrens-museum-gets-kaiser-grant

TULSA, Okla. (AP) — The George Kaiser Family Foundation is giving $10 million in land for the construction of a permanent children's museum in Tulsa.

The Tulsa World reports officials were set to announce the foundation's pledge Thursday. The museum would be located in A Gathering Place for Tulsa, a $350 million park that's being built with help from dozens of private and corporate donors.

Tulsa Children's Museum Discovery Lab was opened in an unoccupied community center in 2013. It was meant as a temporary location until the development of a permanent museum.

The first phase of the park is scheduled to finish in late 2017. Plans call for opening the museum in 2020, with costs of building the facility and exhibits estimated at $29 million.
Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #835 on: October 16, 2015, 09:36:07 am »

This is great. I am so jealous of the Children's Museum in OKC.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #836 on: October 16, 2015, 05:36:43 pm »

The science center (former omniplex?)

I took my kids there and like 20% of the hands-on exhibits were broken, and they were pretty confused about the murder mystery exhibit. They're also getting way more a-la-carte with their prices.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #837 on: October 16, 2015, 11:11:27 pm »

I went there once.  Admit it was a long time ago so may have changed, but first thing I remember was how desolate and depressing the area around it was. Also the interior felt very drab and "warehouse/institutional".  Wasn't anything to be jealous of imho.  I hope ours is better.   

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #838 on: October 18, 2015, 07:13:36 pm »

Anyone remember the Harmon Science Center at 41st & Hudson?  It was a pretty decent children's/science museum.  There hasn't been anything like it on the same scale in Tulsa since it closed in the late 90's.  Something like it or better and integrated into the park (which it sounds like it will be) will be a nice addition.

BuiltRight
Citizen

« Reply #839 on: November 06, 2015, 08:48:20 am »

They now have construction camera up at The Gathering Place, so you can check on the progress to your hearts desire.

http://68.71.138.16:8080/Default.aspx?customerID=27
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 91   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org