A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:04:26 pm
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 91   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) A Gathering Place For Tulsa  (Read 767439 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #810 on: July 15, 2015, 11:44:32 am »

It's related to the topic...goes to infrastructure, which the Gathering thing is supposed to be...

Around here it is most likely to be one of those Ron Popeil Showtime rotisserie...set it and forget it!!  Will be built and then NOT properly maintained for decades, at which time the builders, movers and shakers in town will cook up another scheme to line their pockets and blather about anything/everything from jobs to moving ahead for the future.  It's what we do.

And Iowa....gotta love all that corn and soybeans!!

Was in Madison and Janesville WI a couple weeks ago - Madison would be a great example for out "leaders" to use as reference.  Very nice place, and much more applicable than Portland.

The $350 million includes an endowment for the park and Guthrie Green, they will be managed and programmed together by a foundation and not the city or county.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #811 on: July 15, 2015, 11:45:17 am »

If you're talking about the park, from what I understand, you are incorrect...at least about the Gathering Place.

On another tangent, can the park be called "The Gathering"?  Christopher Lambert and Clancy Brown could do the grand opening.

Anyone know any sword play re-enactment folk?

The Castle of Muskogee has tons of them.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #812 on: July 15, 2015, 11:46:35 am »

The Castle of Muskogee has tons of them.

We'd need Scottish and Russian accents
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #813 on: July 15, 2015, 12:39:49 pm »

If you're talking about the park, from what I understand, you are incorrect...at least about the Gathering Place.

On another tangent, can the park be called "The Gathering"?  Christopher Lambert and Clancy Brown could do the grand opening.

Anyone know any sword play re-enactment folk?

Get hold of the local SCA people....Society for Creative Anachronism.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #814 on: July 15, 2015, 01:05:05 pm »

Eh, I live in Oklahoma...it's all I've got.

Whatever makes you feel better about yourself.  Undecided
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #815 on: July 15, 2015, 01:17:41 pm »

Yep, it really sucks rotten eggs that a local philanthropist and businesses are investing $350 million in a world-class one of a kind park that will benefit Tulsans for generations to come.  

Curmudgeons are a wearisome bunch.

Stealing directly from Townsend....

"Eh, I live in Oklahoma...it's all I've got."

You would begrudge us curmudgeons our one little crumb of excitement in life..??  Well, except for breadhead 'baiting'.  What a mean spirited attitude....lol...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #816 on: July 15, 2015, 01:28:24 pm »

Well, I can look at that two ways.  

You are never bothered by construction.  My maze is constantly shifted by orange barrels et al.

I have inconveniences where you do not.

I see improvements though.

Southside burnin' Westside!

As for inconveniences, whenever I get my fill of Oklahoma orange barrels, I make a pilgrimage to West Memphis.  That gawd awful mess has been going on literally since 1979 - the second time I ever drove through there (1972 being first) - and has continued unabated with NO interruptions ever since.  How would I know that part of it?  Well, I drive through there at least once every year (for the last 37) and sometimes 6 or 7 or more times.  I submit there has never been a bigger graft/corruption event in the entire history of the interstate system!  Ever!

Going through there always 'resets' the BS meter with respect to Oklahoma boondoggles, and so no matter how bad it gets here, I can always console myself and family with the thought, "at least we aren't west Memphis!"  In the last few years, we have started turning left at Conway and taking 64 all the way to Marion.  Yeah, ya gotta go through small towns and the average speed is little slower - not that much, though.  But it always is more scenic, takes less time, and less wear and tear on the car and the psyche.  And with the I-40 work east of Little Rock in recent years, save a lot of time!

However, that does NOT mean we should stop trying to make OK better....

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #817 on: July 15, 2015, 02:57:02 pm »

Whatever makes you feel better about yourself.  Undecided

Oh Please...my area is closest to Durant...I'm embarrassed enough of that.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #818 on: July 15, 2015, 07:58:39 pm »

- Nobody will go there because they will chase all the "normal" people away so that only the "uppity" or "rich" can use it.

Ironically the uppity and rich are the ones complaining about all the undesirables coming to their area of town.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #819 on: July 15, 2015, 09:18:18 pm »

Ironically the uppity and rich are the ones complaining about all the undesirables coming to their area of town.

Now now, the rest of you all shouldn't feel bad about not being wanted in that area.  Tongue

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
TurismoDreamin
Civic Leader

« Reply #820 on: July 27, 2015, 04:46:58 pm »

Just wanted to share with you all. I made a video of the current progress with my quad. Available in 4k HD as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3-znDSQxfI

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #821 on: July 27, 2015, 04:57:19 pm »

Just wanted to share with you all. I made a video of the current progress with my quad. Available in 4k HD as well.

What kind of quad you using?  RTF?  You build it?  Nice video...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #822 on: July 27, 2015, 05:00:08 pm »

Nice!  Very nice....

Here was a "sales pitch" that came up next to your video... People are said in this one to "expect" water when they think Arkansas River...how could they have gotten that idea if they have lived here more than about 5 minutes?  Still don't think it's worth hundreds of millions considering how many other needs are going lacking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxRS7ZjHDZo

« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 05:03:36 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

TurismoDreamin
Civic Leader

« Reply #823 on: July 27, 2015, 08:39:46 pm »

Thanks guys. I'm using a DJI Phantom 3 Pro, shot in 4k, and post using FCPX.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #824 on: July 27, 2015, 10:28:28 pm »

There's a thread for that:   http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=20778.0

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 91   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org