A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:36:58 am
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 91   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) A Gathering Place For Tulsa  (Read 772082 times)
charky
Civic Leader

« Reply #585 on: October 07, 2014, 06:01:47 pm »

Pete and Repeat sat on a fence.  Pete fell off.  Who was left?
 Grin

So Pete and Repeat were sitting on a fence? A fence right? Not a stump or the side of the road...but a fence? Just making sure you meant fence when you typed fence.  Smiley

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #586 on: October 07, 2014, 06:27:00 pm »

That's incredible. Perfect.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #587 on: October 07, 2014, 06:47:13 pm »

So Pete and Repeat were sitting on a fence? A fence right? Not a stump or the side of the road...but a fence? Just making sure you meant fence when you typed fence.  Smiley

That's the way I heard it.

Cheesy

fence
-n  1. a barrier enclosing or bordering a field, yard, etc., usually made of posts and wire or wood used to prevent entrance, to confine or to mark a boundary.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 06:52:33 pm by Red Arrow » Logged

Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #588 on: October 09, 2014, 07:24:42 am »

I am taking a self-imposed absence from responding or reading anything from sauerkraut. I just cannot go any further.

I argue with gaspar or guido911, but I am always smiling while typing. I like those guys and they are worthy of my words. They are just wrong and need my help.

Sauerkraut is something else. I don't want to even think about his posts. His ignorance is not amusing, but annoying. He is so wrong he can't be fixed.

Join me in not responding to him. We can have an adult conversation and ignore the barking dog next door.

Yes, please do this. As someone who is frequent reader but just occasional contributor, if somebody new to this board comes to find out information about A Gathering Place, they could easily be turned off by the current discourse.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #589 on: October 09, 2014, 10:00:20 am »

I am taking a self-imposed absence from responding or reading anything from sauerkraut. I just cannot go any further.

I argue with gaspar or guido911, but I am always smiling while typing. I like those guys and they are worthy of my words. They are just wrong and need my help.

Sauerkraut is something else. I don't want to even think about his posts. His ignorance is not amusing, but annoying. He is so wrong he can't be fixed.

Join me in not responding to him. We can have an adult conversation and ignore the barking dog next door.

I am trying....and you are right about everything - gaspar and guido need as much of our help as we can give them!  But they are salvageable.....

Sadly, it is S and many thousands like him who continue to believe the spew they hear on Fox and refuse to learn anything from the real world, that keep electing the clown shows we have for state and local government.  That is why we are always at the top of all the "bad" lists.....

Even when we get kudoes for "most liveable" something in the state - OKC got one not long ago - it is followed by something else, in OKC's case of being on the list as about #5 for worst gang violence in the country (heard the tail end of a note on that yesterday, so do not know the criteria/conditions used as reference).

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TheAnsonia
Citizen

« Reply #590 on: October 09, 2014, 04:05:04 pm »

I know it's private money but has Kaiser said he does not want the money spent on anything else only the Gathering Place?  That's a ton of money, there is a lot more that can be done along with the Gathering Place. The west side has Festival Park and that is huge empty chunk of land they even got rid of the old band shell that used to be there. Every January 1st they do the Polar Bear Plunge there and that's about it. Maybe I'm just thinking too much outside of the box.

You cannot possibly be serious. Have you heard of a little* thing called Oktoberfest? It will be there next Wednesday-Sunday. It is called Festival Park because there are a number of festivals there. Just to throw another one out there - Scot Fest was there back in June. There are also a number of races/marathons that utilize the area.

*By little, I mean arguably the biggest Oktoberfest outside of the original.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #591 on: October 09, 2014, 04:22:49 pm »

You cannot possibly be serious. Have you heard of a little* thing called Oktoberfest? It will be there next Wednesday-Sunday. It is called Festival Park because there are a number of festivals there. Just to throw another one out there - Scot Fest was there back in June. There are also a number of races/marathons that utilize the area.

*By little, I mean arguably the biggest Oktoberfest outside of the original.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #592 on: October 09, 2014, 04:26:22 pm »

https://www.google.com/search?q=seattle+troll&client=firefox-a&hs=Wai&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=aAo3VOq3NsqdygSPj4GoCQ&ved=0CDoQsAQ&biw=1700&bih=905

Last time we were here, there were 3 separate "living quarters" up on the ledge behind this guy....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #593 on: October 21, 2014, 03:08:23 pm »

Dooey makes my head hurt.

Mayor changes plans for Riverside Drive sidewalk, cites safety concerns

For more: Catch up on the latest news on the construction of A Gathering Place for Tulsa.

A plan for a sidewalk that would connect downtown to A Gathering Place for Tulsa was nixed after Mayor Dewey Bartlett intervened.

While sidewalks on the west side of Riverside Drive will still connect pedestrians to the park, Bartlett said he asked for a re-evaluation of the alternate path after receiving complaints from neighborhood residents.

"The reason was I think there is a very real safety reason on that whole issue," Bartlett said. "I thought it was a better choice to — at least at this point — have people on the west side."

The sidewalk was planned for the east side of Riverside Drive, connecting Veterans Park at 21st Street and Boulder Avenue to the entrance of the Gathering Place, near 27th Street and Riverside Drive.

Bartlett said he had complaints several months ago with concerns about safety and people parking inside the neighborhood.

He said he went to the engineering department, which already had the sidewalk planned with Riverside Drive improvements, and asked department officials to re-evaluate the sidewalk.

Bartlett said safety concerns for pedestrians came from complaints, but that became the deciding factor in changing the plan.

"They brought it up, and there were people that said look at it," Bartlett said. "I heard people voice concern and I think there is a legitimate concern."

Bill Leighty, executive director of the Smart Growth Tulsa Coalition, took issue with Bartlett's plan change, saying Bartlett allowed special interests in the affluent neighborhood adjoining the Gathering Place to limit pedestrian access from downtown.

"He made a decision that is not consistent with our community plan," Leighty said. "The decision is not in the public good."

Leighty said complaints from neighborhood residents were unfounded concerns that a sidewalk would increase crime rates.

"Because the city has backed off of this plan to build this sidewalk, the only pedestrian access from downtown is people will have to cross Riverside Drive," Leighty said. "To put people in harm's way is a bad idea."

A pedestrian walkway will cross Riverside Drive on the south side of the Gathering Place, and Bartlett said there are additional plans for a stop light and intersection just north of the Gathering Place's entrance where pedestrians can cross.

"I really think the whole thing hinges on safety," Bartlett said. "It wasn't a snap decision.”

http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/mayor-changes-plans-for-riverside-drive-sidewalk-cites-safety-concerns/article_019724d8-5e3d-5d40-8755-4076cf553fb1.html

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #594 on: October 21, 2014, 03:26:19 pm »

Ugh
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #595 on: October 21, 2014, 03:52:33 pm »

Yeah, I'm sure he thought this over long and hard.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #596 on: October 21, 2014, 04:20:39 pm »

Dooey makes my head hurt.

Dewey the Dewsh.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #597 on: October 21, 2014, 07:12:12 pm »

I guess the Midland Valley Trail, and the three streets that have some sidewalks are good enough. Don't want any of that bad crime element getting in their neighborhood, you know sidewalks are the gateways to such horrible crimes like safe walking, God forbid it interrupts their driving.  Roll Eyes
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #598 on: October 21, 2014, 07:46:35 pm »

That's pretty ridiculous.  But having sidewalks on Boston south of 21st would probably be better than the east side of Riverside.  

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #599 on: October 21, 2014, 08:01:02 pm »

He was afraid of Ebola spreading from the park. Pretty reasonable.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 91   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org