A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:05:17 pm
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 91   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) A Gathering Place For Tulsa  (Read 767313 times)
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #570 on: October 07, 2014, 09:25:12 am »

Pete and Repeat sat on a fence.  Pete fell off.  Who was left?
 Grin

No one was left but us broken records. Stuck in a groove. I'm just sayin'.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #571 on: October 07, 2014, 09:27:18 am »

No one was left but us broken records. Stuck in a groove. I'm just sayin'.

What has been built on the Gathering place property? 

C'mon man, show us that you've even gone close to the area by telling us what's new there.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #572 on: October 07, 2014, 10:08:15 am »

I did say MOST people who go to River Parks go for the trails- and people who rollerblade use the trails. The biggest  draw to River Parks is the jogging trails, Saturday & Sunday mornings the trail is crowded with runners and cyclists not may people doing anything else. The Gathering Place is Ok but it's not what I would of planned with the money. As I said use some of the money for the west bank a good example is why not build up the west bank Festival Park? Extend the trails down to Jenks on the west bank so we'll have a big trail loop. Seems to me they are Putting too many eggs into one place~ The Gathering Place. Split the money up..  JMO.

OK.  Trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here on this one.   I get that you are primarily are a jogger, and don't have young children, etc.  But there are tons of people who do, and this is going to be a very cool park. (Even if I am going to be blocked due to the construction for a year or so...)  Also, remember that this is private money and Kaiser is able to say where  he wants to spend his money, etc.  And of course, this private expenditure could open up more public funds for West Side improvements, etc.

But there is a logic flaw I want to point out in your argument.   You suggest that "The biggest  draw to River Parks is the jogging trails, Saturday & Sunday mornings the trail is crowded with runners and cyclists not may people doing anything else."  This of course is true, because that's basically all there is right now.   It is a self-fulfilling statement, but has no bearing on future-state.  Once the new park is in place there will undoubtedly be a large number of people using it, and will change the dynamics of the entire area. 

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #573 on: October 07, 2014, 10:13:11 am »

It is a self-fulfilling statement, but has no bearing on future-state. 

Heck of a try but that's where you lost him.

He'll post the same thing he's posted the last three times
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #574 on: October 07, 2014, 10:20:16 am »

What has been built on the Gathering place property? 

C'mon man, show us that you've even gone close to the area by telling us what's new there.

He's waiting for Google Maps to update the satelite photos.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #575 on: October 07, 2014, 10:35:32 am »

I am taking a self-imposed absence from responding or reading anything from sauerkraut. I just cannot go any further.

I argue with gaspar or guido911, but I am always smiling while typing. I like those guys and they are worthy of my words. They are just wrong and need my help.

Sauerkraut is something else. I don't want to even think about his posts. His ignorance is not amusing, but annoying. He is so wrong he can't be fixed.

Join me in not responding to him. We can have an adult conversation and ignore the barking dog next door.

Power is nothing till you use it.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #576 on: October 07, 2014, 10:46:54 am »

Join me in not responding to him. We can have an adult conversation and ignore the barking dog next door.

I suggested earlier and still think that he might be trolling all of us,  but I just couldn't help myself this time.   If he's a troll, he is upper-echelon for being able to keep it up this long.  If not, well "just bless his little heart" as my grandmother used to say.   I'll try to follow your lead.

rdj
City Father

« Reply #577 on: October 07, 2014, 11:21:07 am »

Can the mods activate the ability to ignore a user so their posts don't show up?

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #578 on: October 07, 2014, 11:35:20 am »

Can the mods activate the ability to ignore a user so their posts don't show up?

Not using SMF.  Not sure about other forum software but that (changing software) likely won't happen.  At least this decade.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #579 on: October 07, 2014, 11:39:42 am »

Harumph, harumph...get out your torches and pitch forks guys.  I'm with RM
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #580 on: October 07, 2014, 11:43:46 am »

I argue with gaspar or guido911, but I am always smiling while typing. I like those guys and they are worthy of my words.

Ah yes, the old I'll show them ploy.

Cheesy

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #581 on: October 07, 2014, 11:55:42 am »

sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #582 on: October 07, 2014, 12:57:24 pm »

OK.  Trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here on this one.   I get that you are primarily are a jogger, and don't have young children, etc.  But there are tons of people who do, and this is going to be a very cool park. (Even if I am going to be blocked due to the construction for a year or so...)  Also, remember that this is private money and Kaiser is able to say where  he wants to spend his money, etc.  And of course, this private expenditure could open up more public funds for West Side improvements, etc.

But there is a logic flaw I want to point out in your argument.   You suggest that "The biggest  draw to River Parks is the jogging trails, Saturday & Sunday mornings the trail is crowded with runners and cyclists not may people doing anything else."  This of course is true, because that's basically all there is right now.   It is a self-fulfilling statement, but has no bearing on future-state.  Once the new park is in place there will undoubtedly be a large number of people using it, and will change the dynamics of the entire area. 
I know it's private money but has Kaiser said he does not want the money spent on anything else only the Gathering Place?  That's a ton of money, there is a lot more that can be done along with the Gathering Place. The west side has Festival Park and that is huge empty chunk of land they even got rid of the old band shell that used to be there. Every January 1st they do the Polar Bear Plunge there and that's about it. Maybe I'm just thinking too much outside of the box.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #583 on: October 07, 2014, 02:37:55 pm »

I know it's private money but has Kaiser said he does not want the money spent on anything else only the Gathering Place?  That's a ton of money, there is a lot more that can be done along with the Gathering Place. The west side has Festival Park and that is huge empty chunk of land they even got rid of the old band shell that used to be there. Every January 1st they do the Polar Bear Plunge there and that's about it. Maybe I'm just thinking too much outside of the box.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #584 on: October 07, 2014, 03:22:00 pm »

I'm sure if someone gives you $300M dollars for something, they're perfectly fine if you just blow it all on hats.

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 91   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org