A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:07:23 am
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 91   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) A Gathering Place For Tulsa  (Read 767235 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #555 on: October 02, 2014, 09:02:04 am »

Sauerkraut -

Sauerkraut - quick!
Since you use the area so much and the construction will only hurt your life...What is going up right now on the property?

If you can answer correctly, I'll believe you run by.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #556 on: October 02, 2014, 10:42:23 pm »

Sauer, you crazy nut bastard.  Answer the question. 

What's recently gone up on the Gathering Place property?
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #557 on: October 03, 2014, 11:37:17 am »

There are 600 parking spots and a pond. The playground is one section. There are many trails, kayaking, dining, and other things as well.

It's like saying space mountain is disneyland.
I don't see any parking places on the maps, Where will the parking be, in back where the homes are now?  Anyhow  I was going by the video that someone posted on post number 477- it just talked of one big playground for the kids broken up into 7 sections, nothing mentioned about kayaking or things like that. I just wondered why they could not spend a bit less on the Gathering Place and use the rest of the money to build up the west bank area and build a complete west bank jogging trail trail that runs from 11th street to Jenks, the complete west bank  trail can connect at the Jenks Bridge and loop onto the East bank Jogging trail. That's all I asked, no biggie.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #558 on: October 03, 2014, 11:44:02 am »

Sauer, you crazy nut bastard.  Answer the question. 

What's recently gone up on the Gathering Place property?
I dunno, you tell me, the last time I jogged by the area was on Sunday afternoon and  they just had a big banner out that said "Gathering Place", and they had a big back hoe parked and a pile of dirt just east of the Jogging Trail near that bridge over the Crow Creek. What did they put up there? I normally park at the 41st street lot and run two miles south and two miles back, Sunday I did a six miler and ran two miles south  and two miles back and a mile north to the Gathering Place area and then back. I didn't see anything else but then I was not really looking. Huh

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #559 on: October 03, 2014, 12:10:13 pm »

I don't see any parking places on the maps, Where will the parking be, in back where the homes are now?  Anyhow  I was going by the video that someone posted on post number 477- it just talked of one big playground for the kids broken up into 7 sections, nothing mentioned about kayaking or things like that. I just wondered why they could not spend a bit less on the Gathering Place and use the rest of the money to build up the west bank area and build a complete west bank jogging trail trail that runs from 11th street to Jenks, the complete west bank  trail can connect at the Jenks Bridge and loop onto the East bank Jogging trail. That's all I asked, no biggie.

Because this isn't being built for your own personal use you narcissistic twit.

TheAnsonia
Citizen

« Reply #560 on: October 03, 2014, 02:20:39 pm »

I thought the parking was pretty clearly marked on the back of the main park area. With regard to it being a big playground, unless your kiddos drink beer I'm not sure they're going to be getting much out of the proposed biergarten.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #561 on: October 03, 2014, 04:41:33 pm »

I dunno, you tell me, the last time I jogged by the area was on Sunday afternoon and  they just had a big banner out that said "Gathering Place", and they had a big back hoe parked and a pile of dirt just east of the Jogging Trail near that bridge over the Crow Creek. What did they put up there? I normally park at the 41st street lot and run two miles south and two miles back, Sunday I did a six miler and ran two miles south  and two miles back and a mile north to the Gathering Place area and then back. I didn't see anything else but then I was not really looking. Huh

Well dammit you jackass.  Get on over there and figure it out.  I need to know your opinion. 

Gots to have your opinion.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #562 on: October 03, 2014, 05:05:24 pm »

Gots to have your opinion.

I doubt it.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #563 on: October 03, 2014, 05:55:27 pm »

I doubt it.

No smile, Red.
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #564 on: October 04, 2014, 09:28:43 am »

When it comes to RiverSide Park, The thing most people care about is the jogging trails either for running or for cycling that's the main reason people go there in the first place.  As I said before  Why not use some of that grant money for improvements on the west bank and extending the west  trail from 11th street to Jenks it would not cost that much money most of the west trail is already there, they just need to make it continous. They have a ton of money..  Maybe I'm just old fashioned but I would also like to see mile markers on a post like they had before the trail was re-built, so you can see the mile marker post from a distance. The Gathering Place from what I read about it just seems to be all Bells & Whistles with some  Frills thrown  like  an over glorified playground for the kiddies. I wish some of the money could be spent for other improvements at RiverParks too. I'm just sayin'.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 09:32:15 am by sauerkraut » Logged

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #565 on: October 04, 2014, 11:34:57 am »

When it comes to RiverSide Park, The thing most people care about is the jogging trails either for running or for cycling that's the main reason people go there in the first place.  As I said before  Why not use some of that grant money for improvements on the west bank and extending the west  trail from 11th street to Jenks it would not cost that much money most of the west trail is already there, they just need to make it continous. They have a ton of money..  Maybe I'm just old fashioned but I would also like to see mile markers on a post like they had before the trail was re-built, so you can see the mile marker post from a distance. The Gathering Place from what I read about it just seems to be all Bells & Whistles with some  Frills thrown  like  an over glorified playground for the kiddies. I wish some of the money could be spent for other improvements at RiverParks too. I'm just sayin'.

That of course ignores all the people there with their kids at the parks and playgrounds, the people playing soccer, volleyball, frisbee golf, basketball, dining, listening to live music, fishing, taking photos, going for a stroll, going on a picnic, enjoying the scenery, taking photos, rollerblading, etc. etc.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #566 on: October 04, 2014, 01:31:21 pm »

Well obviously since you're giving your opinion about it again, you've made the effort to go down there and reflect on the work being done.

So what have they erected on the property?  It's very obvious.  You can't miss it.

Make an effort to support your thoughts.

What is the newest thing added to the property?
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #567 on: October 04, 2014, 02:08:38 pm »

Well obviously since you're giving your opinion about it again, you've made the effort to go down there and reflect on the work being done.

So what have they erected on the property?  It's very obvious.  You can't miss it.

Make an effort to support your thoughts.

What is the newest thing added to the property?

Kimchi reminds me of my ex-father in law, quotes everything as gospel that he heard from Glenn Bleck and Randi Rhoadhard but can't come up with any proof as to the reality.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #568 on: October 04, 2014, 03:23:47 pm »

As I said before  Why not use some of that grant money for improvements on the west bank and extending the west  trail from 11th street to Jenks

Pete and Repeat sat on a fence.  Pete fell off.  Who was left?
 Grin

sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #569 on: October 07, 2014, 09:22:38 am »

That of course ignores all the people there with their kids at the parks and playgrounds, the people playing soccer, volleyball, frisbee golf, basketball, dining, listening to live music, fishing, taking photos, going for a stroll, going on a picnic, enjoying the scenery, taking photos, rollerblading, etc. etc.
I did say MOST people who go to River Parks go for the trails- and people who rollerblade use the trails. The biggest  draw to River Parks is the jogging trails, Saturday & Sunday mornings the trail is crowded with runners and cyclists not may people doing anything else. The Gathering Place is Ok but it's not what I would of planned with the money. As I said use some of the money for the west bank a good example is why not build up the west bank Festival Park? Extend the trails down to Jenks on the west bank so we'll have a big trail loop. Seems to me they are Putting too many eggs into one place~ The Gathering Place. Split the money up..  JMO.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 91   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org