A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:02:05 am
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 91   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) A Gathering Place For Tulsa  (Read 767297 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #525 on: September 24, 2014, 11:36:53 am »

Ditto - middle-aged and lived here for 30 years.

30 years qualifies you as a "local yokal" although I'm sure you think more highly of yourself. (As will all the "local yokals".)

Cheesy

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #526 on: September 24, 2014, 02:24:02 pm »

30 years qualifies you as a "local yokal" although I'm sure you think more highly of yourself. (As will all the "local yokals".)

Yeah, don't care.
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #527 on: September 25, 2014, 09:38:49 am »

Ya know this Gathering Place  project reminds me a bit of  Boston's "Big Dig" 10 or 15 years ago - anyone remember what a mess that was for Boston residents, they re-worked a whole section of the city and moved many things underground. That took about 7 years to complete I believe. http://www.massdot.state.ma.us/highway/thebigdig/projectbackground.aspx

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #528 on: September 25, 2014, 09:51:03 am »

Ya know this Gathering Place  project reminds me a bit of  Boston's "Big Dig" 10 or 15 years ago - anyone remember what a mess that was for Boston residents, they re-worked a whole section of the city and moved many things underground. That took about 7 years to complete I believe. http://www.massdot.state.ma.us/highway/thebigdig/projectbackground.aspx

It's like you're the eighth one.  "Dumbass Dwarf" - using your pick to mine for stupid. 

Snow White would've suffocated you in your sleep and buried you in your tiny little bed.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #529 on: September 25, 2014, 09:54:07 am »

Did you know any Boston residents impacted by this?  I did.  Was it a pain?  Sure.  In the long run however, it was worth the wait, or so my Boston acquaintances told me.  Building a tunnel under a body of water that is that long is not an easy task.  And even after they completed it there were leaking issues.

I can't believe you compared a beautification project to a tunnel.  Well, it's you, so I guess I can.  You're like my ADHD nephew...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #530 on: September 25, 2014, 09:56:20 am »

It's like you're the eighth one.  "Dumbass Dwarf" - using your pick to mine for stupid. 

Snow White would've suffocated you in your sleep and buried you in your tiny little bed.

I think I just pissed and shat myself from laughing so hard.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #531 on: September 25, 2014, 09:56:27 am »

Did you know any Boston residents impacted by this?  I did.  Was it a pain?  Sure. 

This woman was not pleased with the outcome though...

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #532 on: September 25, 2014, 09:57:26 am »

I think I just pissed and shat myself from laughing so hard.

Well now your drawers know what Sauer's feels like all the time.  Happy Thursday.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #533 on: September 25, 2014, 04:40:07 pm »

LOL, the things some people say. Comments like need to be collected so that down the road, if or when we get another world class development proposal we can remember that a good majority of internet commentors simply don't have a clue.

As young professional who just moved to Tulsa permanently a few months ago, this park is one of the few things that is giving me hope for the future of this city. I hope it will become a flashpoint that will help the younger generation realize that we don't have to put up with the crappy developments that the baby boomers are leaving behind. World class things can exist in Tulsa, even if half the local yokals won't recognize it or downplay it because they don't understand it.

First of all...condolences!  That you had to move away from whatever Nirvana of enlightenment you had to leave to come here!!

As for world class...well, there are some world class things here.  Museums, outdoor recreational opportunities commensurate with the local climate, bass fishing (definitely world class!), and some of the best world class prairie available just northwest of town near Pawhuska.  And in proportion to the population and wealth levels of this state.  Just not any southern California kitsch....  You should try the noodling tournament!!  Or the mumblety-peg festivals!!  Both golden opportunities for steeping in the local ambiance...

But hey, maybe you can help with that...start with whatever ideas and pre-conceived notions you brought with you from where you came, and just duplicate them here!!  Yeah...that's the ticket....I'm sure we will start to see almost immediate results with a significantly improved lifestyle for all!!  We all anxiously await!!

(Sounds like someone has Mommy and Daddy issues....sorry to hear that!!)

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #534 on: September 25, 2014, 04:50:46 pm »

I am offended by the term "local yokal" (actually should be spelled yokel to be proper)....that is offensive, pejorative, and quite possibly racist!!

I prefer the term "hick from the sticks"....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #535 on: September 25, 2014, 04:53:34 pm »

LOL

I do have to agree with your name, though...I have always thought it imperative to shave the whales - otherwise, when you put them on the spit to roast over an open fire, all that hair burns and leaves a disagreeable, lingering odor throughout the cooking process!

sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #536 on: September 28, 2014, 01:15:07 pm »

I am offended by the term "local yokal" (actually should be spelled yokel to be proper)....that is offensive, pejorative, and quite possibly racist!!

I prefer the term "hick from the sticks"....

Your as bad as me, I got thin skin too and get offended very easy. I found out the hard way that our U.S. constitution has no Article that says "We all have a right not to be offended" Maybe it's time to put in  some  amendment to cover that. I'm just sayin'

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #537 on: September 28, 2014, 01:22:56 pm »

Your as bad as me, I got thin skin too and get offended very easy. I found out the hard way that our U.S. constitution has no Article that says "We all have a right not to be offended" Maybe it's time to put in  some  amendment to cover that. I'm just sayin'

I've got $10 that's says you have never read the constitution.
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #538 on: September 28, 2014, 01:27:56 pm »

I tell ya what after watching that video on post #477 about the features of "The Gathering Place" it seems to me to be more like a State Fair Midway and over glorified Childrens playground. According to newspaper articles and display maps and models about what is going to be there it says: A Lodge, Adventure Playground, Great lawn, Lakeview Lawn, Blair Pond, Childrens Mist Hill, Childrens Swing Hill, Boathouse, Childrens SkyGarden, 4-Seasons Garden, Childrens Skate Bowl, Museum Hill, and a Sports Court. The jogging Trails will run thru it all on the far western side of The Gathering Place I guess they will be left as they are untouched. According to the video on post number 477 they will have climbing walls & climbing nets, paths that circle all around the area and it'll be about 100 acres in size. I would rather have the place less crowded with objects and more green space, more natural space and less of a playground environment. maybe when it's all done it'll look better. JMO.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #539 on: September 28, 2014, 05:23:49 pm »

I tell ya what after watching that video on post #477 about the features of "The Gathering Place" it seems to me to be more like a State Fair Midway and over glorified Childrens playground. According to newspaper articles and display maps and models about what is going to be there it says: A Lodge, Adventure Playground, Great lawn, Lakeview Lawn, Blair Pond, Childrens Mist Hill, Childrens Swing Hill, Boathouse, Childrens SkyGarden, 4-Seasons Garden, Childrens Skate Bowl, Museum Hill, and a Sports Court. The jogging Trails will run thru it all on the far western side of The Gathering Place I guess they will be left as they are untouched. According to the video on post number 477 they will have climbing walls & climbing nets, paths that circle all around the area and it'll be about 100 acres in size. I would rather have the place less crowded with objects and more green space, more natural space and less of a playground environment. maybe when it's all done it'll look better. JMO.

You don't even read the crap you write.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 91   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org