A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:40:32 am
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 91   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) A Gathering Place For Tulsa  (Read 767585 times)
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #495 on: September 21, 2014, 01:39:46 pm »

The Gathering Place according to Sundays newspaper will be a big project. I thought it was only going to be something like a over glorified playground on a big patch of green. It looks like they will even be re-doing RiverSide Drive. The article said it'll take 5-7 years to finish the whole thing and just  phase one won't be done till 2017. This is a huge undertaking.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #496 on: September 21, 2014, 01:41:29 pm »

I wonder who thunk up the name "Gathering Place"? It seems to me  they could of came up with a better name. Oh well.

ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #497 on: September 21, 2014, 03:58:13 pm »

You have long criticized this project, and you had never before taken the time to actually find out what if was?

That tells me all I need to know about your stance as a "Proud Global Warming Deiner (sic)."
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #498 on: September 21, 2014, 08:04:59 pm »

I wonder who thunk up the name "Gathering Place"? It seems to me  they could of came up with a better name. Oh well.

Given all the facts of the project and your "concern" about it, the name is obviously perfect.  Oh well....

I second what ZYX said.  You ARE absolutely a Rush fan! 

WWRD?   What Would Rush Do?  Same as you - jump to ill-considering, uninformed, totally invalid conclusions based on no information whatsoever.  Don't you ever get tired of being soooo wrong, sooo much of the time??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #499 on: September 21, 2014, 09:00:14 pm »

You have long criticized this project, and you had never before taken the time to actually find out what if was?

That tells me all I need to know about your stance as a "Proud Global Warming Deiner (sic)."

Deiner, isn’t that the poor guy who pushes the gurneys around at the morgue? 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #500 on: September 21, 2014, 10:42:53 pm »

I believe it's a temporary "production name" 
I think I heard there'll be a naming contest
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #501 on: September 22, 2014, 05:49:47 am »

I believe it's a temporary "production name" 
I think I heard there'll be a naming contest

Guthrie Green was called "Brady Park" until close to completion.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #502 on: September 22, 2014, 05:50:51 am »

306 deg? Typo?

Yes, typo

It's a 360 degree room, but the images are 270. Freudian Algebra.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #503 on: September 22, 2014, 09:54:55 am »

The Gathering Place according to Sundays newspaper will be a big project. I thought it was only going to be something like a over glorified playground on a big patch of green. It looks like they will even be re-doing RiverSide Drive. The article said it'll take 5-7 years to finish the whole thing and just  phase one won't be done till 2017. This is a huge undertaking.

Did you ever look at the models and renderings?  Have you ever noticed the price tag?  How many hundreds of millions of dollars does it need to be before you yourself might consider it a "big" project all on your own without the paper having to tell you it was lol?

Earlier this year or late last year it was in the national media that a philanthropist donated 100 million to NYC's central park and it was touted as the largest donation of its kind to a city park in the nations history.  I suppose what happens in Tulsa probably doesn't register to the national media types but Kaisers donation to this park trumped that by quite a bit. Plus what others have donated to this park. Then add to all of that what Kaiser has donated over the years to River Parks and other parks in Tulsa really is incredible. 

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #504 on: September 22, 2014, 11:34:49 am »

Did you ever look at the models and renderings?  Have you ever noticed the price tag?  How many hundreds of millions of dollars does it need to be before you yourself might consider it a "big" project all on your own without the paper having to tell you it was lol?

Earlier this year or late last year it was in the national media that a philanthropist donated 100 million to NYC's central park and it was touted as the largest donation of its kind to a city park in the nations history.  I suppose what happens in Tulsa probably doesn't register to the national media types but Kaisers donation to this park trumped that by quite a bit. Plus what others have donated to this park. Then add to all of that what Kaiser has donated over the years to River Parks and other parks in Tulsa really is incredible. 
I work  long hours and don't have time to follow every city project, it did not seem like it was that big on maps of the area. My main focus has been the Jogging Trails since I'm a jogging nut. As long as the trails are there I'm happy!

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #505 on: September 22, 2014, 06:41:22 pm »

I work  long hours and don't have time to follow every city project, it did not seem like it was that big on maps of the area. My main focus has been the Jogging Trails since I'm a jogging nut. As long as the trails are there I'm happy!

So....what you are saying is that since you don't have time to follow every city project, you really had little - in fact, no - understanding of the project at all.  And yet, somehow  you had formed a negative opinion about it.

Maybe if you HAD spent an amount of time studying it, knew something about what you were talking about... well, then maybe you could have helped them come up with a better name....  huh, imagine that...?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #506 on: September 22, 2014, 08:41:34 pm »

This project is over $300M at this point.

That's a hell of a swing set.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #507 on: September 22, 2014, 08:45:25 pm »

So in other words it is all about don't inconvience me. Me, me, me.  Their are other trails you know.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #508 on: September 22, 2014, 10:18:48 pm »

The Board of Adjustment on Tuesday afternoon will consider a proposal to build an office building on the northeast corner of 31st Street and Boston Place to be used as the construction management and security facility during construction of A Gathering Place For Tulsa park.
According to the application, the facility would be in place for up to five years. Submitted plans show it would be surrounded by an 8-foot-high wooden fence and medium height landscaping. Plans are to begin construction of the building this fall.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepage3/proposed-facility-for-a-gathering-place-has-some-residents-upset/article_9b273d5f-b801-5b80-8370-641f5ce49ec1.html

No mention of the all-night prison-yard floodlighting?   It will only be there 5-10 years.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #509 on: September 23, 2014, 09:25:01 am »

So in other words it is all about don't inconvience me. Me, me, me.  Their are other trails you know.

I really have no intrest in city projects, I'm divorced and my kids are well grown up so I don't follow the building of a new park, it's private money for the most part but the river dams will be taxpayer money. Sure, There are other trails but the Riverside Trails are the most handy for me to use, the Mingo Trails  offer  no place to park, I don't run on the streets cars and people don't mix... It's not just about me, the jogging trails are most popular reason people use RiverSide Park,  hundreds of people use the jogging trails-- Anyhow it seems like it'll be quite a project when it's totally done in 2020. Smiley
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 09:28:34 am by sauerkraut » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 91   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org