A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:23:17 am
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 91   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) A Gathering Place For Tulsa  (Read 767604 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #405 on: July 15, 2014, 02:06:34 pm »

The evictions for the apartment demolition have begun.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #406 on: July 15, 2014, 03:04:43 pm »

I’m disappointed to see that, but sounds as if they will be putting mixed income housing back in during phase II. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #407 on: July 15, 2014, 03:14:37 pm »

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one. Slowly but surely the low to moderate cost apartment housing along Riverside has disappeared. Some of it thankfully. The more confident owners are that the area will support higher rents, the more likely "mixed" will not materialize. Westport could be on the chopping block if any substantial development arrives on that side.

Good news is that my old unit from the mid 70's and the olympic size pool and clubhouse escaped the dozer. for now.

onward...through the fog
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #408 on: July 15, 2014, 03:38:36 pm »

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one. Slowly but surely the low to moderate cost apartment housing along Riverside has disappeared. Some of it thankfully. The more confident owners are that the area will support higher rents, the more likely "mixed" will not materialize. Westport could be on the chopping block if any substantial development arrives on that side.

Good news is that my old unit from the mid 70's and the olympic size pool and clubhouse escaped the dozer. for now.

It’s Kaiser’s ball, so I’m going to trust it will happen for now.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #409 on: July 16, 2014, 09:18:35 am »

It’s Kaiser’s ball, so I’m going to trust it will happen for now.

Left or right?
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #410 on: July 16, 2014, 09:52:06 am »

Left or right?

Oh-mah-stars
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #411 on: July 23, 2014, 07:41:42 am »

Riverside Traffic to be Impacted by 'Gathering Place' Construction

http://publicradiotulsa.org/term/local-regional

Tulsa's next traffic bottleneck will be Riverside Drive. The City held a meeting last night to detail how the construction of 'A Gathering Place for Tulsa' will impact Riverside Drive.

There will be lane shifts and closures, and this time next year the entire roadway will be closed near the Pedestrian Bridge. That means drivers will have to find new routes into and out of downtown Tulsa.

The roadway will be ripped-up and replaced along with utilities in that same area. City leaders say while it will be an inconvenience in the short term, the new world-class park will be worth the wait.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #412 on: July 23, 2014, 07:53:28 am »

I still remember the rage expressed by runners when the path was interrupted to build the low water dam. People don't like their regular routines changed.

onward...through the fog
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #413 on: July 23, 2014, 08:33:34 am »

Left or right?

Oh, no!!... you didn't go THERE...!!!

Funny....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #414 on: July 23, 2014, 11:38:57 am »

I still remember the rage expressed by runners when the path was interrupted to build the low water dam. People don't like their regular routines changed.

It's my best route to work.  I'll be M'F'ing it myself from time to time.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #415 on: July 23, 2014, 12:25:31 pm »

I expect the BA and HWY 75 will get much more crowded.  Thankfully the NB 75/244 bridge over the Arkansas is scheduled to be finished on August 4th.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #416 on: July 23, 2014, 12:27:09 pm »

I expect the BA and HWY 75 will get much more crowded.  Thankfully the NB 75/244 bridge over the Arkansas is scheduled to be finished on August 4th.

Any plans on 75 getting widened to 6 lanes within the next year?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #417 on: July 23, 2014, 12:38:34 pm »

I expect the BA and HWY 75 will get much more crowded.  Thankfully the NB 75/244 bridge over the Arkansas is scheduled to be finished on August 4th.

Whoa!  That soon?  Great news!

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #418 on: July 23, 2014, 01:58:16 pm »

Any plans on 75 getting widened to 6 lanes within the next year?

Gawd I hope not.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #419 on: July 23, 2014, 03:41:00 pm »

Gawd I hope not.

It's Oklahoma.

Think about it though.  It'd bring Glenpool to your front door.  Glenpool!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 91   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org