A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:33:47 am
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 91   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) A Gathering Place For Tulsa  (Read 767308 times)
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #390 on: May 07, 2014, 10:03:23 am »

They are wanting to add some more night life stuff down around 31st street.

Night life stuff?  A restaurant with a river facing patio perhaps?  Leave the rest in Brookside less than a half mile away.

A friend is looking at buying a house near 31st & Detroit.  One of his biggest issues with the location is that there are no sidewalks on 31st to be able to walk to Brookside or the river trails.  Hopefully that is something that will be added as this park is constructed, so people can actually walk there.  The trail along Crow Creek is also an important connection to this park from Brookside.

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #391 on: May 07, 2014, 04:32:13 pm »

Appears that what is developing is that on the south end of the park there will be apartments/condos, possibly with a retail/dining component in the mix.  Also seems as though they will work to have a trail from Brookside along Crow Creek to the river.  Would be nice if development were able to evolve in from each end creating a smaller cozy version of a San Antonio Boardwalk type thing.  Imagine small brick and or stone buildings and even converted homes on each side of the Creek with perhaps cafe's with outdoor seating, and art galleries on the ground floor, large trees, lamp posts, the occasional small bridge crossing, etc. all along Crow Creek from Brookside to the River.  I could imagine a little Thomas Kinkaid village type thing in that area. One can dream anywhoo lol.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #392 on: May 08, 2014, 09:30:31 pm »

I like the vision, and definitely see some creekside dining in the future.  I've thought that you could build out the space where the small office is by the creek north of Shades of Brown, with a big patio space by the creek and Peoria.  It's a really nice waterway covered by big trees, and would be a popular bike/jogging path.

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #393 on: May 08, 2014, 10:51:50 pm »

I could imagine a little Thomas Kinkaid village type thing in that area.

I just threw up a little.

-2 artist integrity points.   Cheesy
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #394 on: May 08, 2014, 11:25:05 pm »

A friend is looking at buying a house near 31st & Detroit.  One of his biggest issues with the location is that there are no sidewalks on 31st to be able to walk to Brookside or the river trails.  Hopefully that is something that will be added as this park is constructed, so people can actually walk there.  The trail along Crow Creek is also an important connection to this park from Brookside.

Can't they walk on the grass??  That is, after all, what it is designed for....  well, that and feeding cattle.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #395 on: May 09, 2014, 06:57:23 am »

I just threw up a little.

-2 artist integrity points.   Cheesy

I know I know.  On the one hand I can't stand Thomas Kinkade if his stuff is looked at as "fine art" to hang on your living room walls (Please NO people!). But on the other, as a Disney fan, I have to admit I really like his Disney stuff lol.  I think that's more the category his work should fit into.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #396 on: May 09, 2014, 07:35:50 am »

I know I know.  On the one hand I can't stand Thomas Kinkade if his stuff is looked at as "fine art" to hang on your living room walls (Please NO people!). But on the other, as a Disney fan, I have to admit I really like his Disney stuff lol.  I think that's more the category his work should fit into.

So are you saying doing Kinkade knock-offs could be in your future or not?  Grin

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #397 on: May 09, 2014, 10:59:23 am »

So are you saying doing Kinkade knock-offs could be in your future or not?  Grin

Only if they are Disney related and perhaps with an Art Deco twist here and there.  Grin

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #398 on: May 09, 2014, 01:35:13 pm »

Only if they are Disney related and perhaps with an Art Deco twist here and there.  Grin

You don't like Kinkade??   But it's so shiny and sparkly!!

I am using some of his buildings for inspiration for what I am starting to build.  But then, I am also using Clarehouse as input, too.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #399 on: May 09, 2014, 03:34:18 pm »

So this with deco?

I had to look it up.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #400 on: May 09, 2014, 04:25:15 pm »

I actually more like the Pinocchio, Beauty and the Beast and Cinderella ones better.

But as for Crow Creek, look up "Thomas Kinkade Lamplight Village" or "Cobblestone Brooke".   Something like that that kind of fits the character of the neighborhoods nearby and having art galleries and cafe's.  Hokey I know, but something like that would work there.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #401 on: May 09, 2014, 05:06:19 pm »

Kinkade's later work was better

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #402 on: May 09, 2014, 05:06:42 pm »

But as for Crow Creek, look up "Thomas Kinkade Lamplight Village" or "Cobblestone Brooke".   Something like that that kind of fits the character of the neighborhoods nearby and having art galleries and cafe's.  Hokey I know, but something like that would work there.

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #403 on: May 10, 2014, 12:17:21 pm »

There is a large piece of private property along and north of the creek to 31st & Peoria.  I wouldn't be surprised to someday see it be divided into smaller parcels for homes with some abutting the creek.  It could look somewhat similar, or it could be Tuscan.  Wink

I do hope the jogging /bike trail along the creek goes all the way to Zink Park, and goes under Peoria.  It would be awesome if it could go all the way to Philbrook but I don't see that happening.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #404 on: May 11, 2014, 10:16:30 pm »

I actually more like the Pinocchio, Beauty and the Beast and Cinderella ones better.

Except for the small river and the bridge, there is something reminiscent from about 4th to 15th, both sides of Harvard....Hansel and Gretel Houses....

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 91   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org