A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:15:32 pm
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 91   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) A Gathering Place For Tulsa  (Read 767480 times)
joiei
City Father

« Reply #375 on: April 12, 2014, 09:57:53 pm »

Is this building design supposed to be a modern reinterpretation of something from South Beach in Florida?  It's really kind of ugly.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #376 on: April 13, 2014, 07:08:47 am »

Is this building design supposed to be a modern reinterpretation of something from South Beach in Florida?  It's really kind of ugly.

They haven't put the outside on yet:

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #377 on: April 15, 2014, 11:59:15 am »

I've noticed some clearing of brush along the river's edge at 45th on the East side. 

Is this the beginning of a larger project or was this an isolated thing?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #378 on: April 15, 2014, 03:56:50 pm »

I've noticed some clearing of brush along the river's edge at 45th on the East side. 

Is this the beginning of a larger project or was this an isolated thing?

I think it is still tied to the original kaiser project. They did 41st to 61st area last.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #379 on: May 06, 2014, 11:21:21 am »

19 New Donors Pledge Funds for Planned Tulsa Park

http://kwgs.com/post/19-new-donors-pledge-funds-planned-tulsa-park

TULSA, Okla. (AP) — Nineteen donors have committed more than $40 million for the city's newest park along the Arkansas River, pushing the total contributions for the planned project over the $100 million mark.

The George Kaiser Family Foundation — which will contribute $200 million toward the project— announced the pledges this week for the park, called "A Gathering Place for Tulsa."

Kaiser is a lifelong Tulsan and one of the wealthiest people in the country. He's chairman of BOK Financial Corp. and a major shareholder in various energy and technology companies.

The donations will help fund the construction of the nearly 91-acre park and seed its operating endowment. The project's fundraising goal is $150 million.

More information about the park can be found at www.agatheringplacefortulsa.com.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #380 on: May 06, 2014, 11:39:10 am »

So this "up to $150M project" is now over $300M in donations.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #381 on: May 06, 2014, 11:46:43 am »

So this "up to $150M project" is now over $300M in donations.

Yes, but according to Uncle Kimchi, this is still a rip off to taxpayers.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #382 on: May 06, 2014, 11:56:02 am »

Yes, but according to Uncle Kimchi, this is still a rip off to taxpayers.

He grew up playing in the other kind of park and if it's good enough for him, it's good enough for everyone else.

C'mon Sauer, get on in here and bust it up.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #383 on: May 06, 2014, 12:39:27 pm »

That reminded me of another standard item at Tulsa parks when I grew up

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #384 on: May 06, 2014, 01:15:17 pm »

That reminded me of another standard item at Tulsa parks when I grew up

Those were always best in direct sun in July.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #385 on: May 06, 2014, 01:17:00 pm »

Those were always best in direct sun in July.

Oh, the burn...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #386 on: May 06, 2014, 01:17:54 pm »

Oh, the burn...

Just like hot vinyl car seats when wearing shorts.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #387 on: May 06, 2014, 02:08:32 pm »

Just like hot vinyl car seats when wearing shorts.

OMG, had a 1978 Malibu at one point that I could hardly turn the key tumbler over in if the car had sat out in the sun for too long (this was long before the foldout windowshades were in fashion).  Remember how those were textured.  You'd burn a semi-permanent pattern into your fingers with those.

I guess if you wanted to thwart the police fingerprinting you, that would be a good way of doing it.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #388 on: May 06, 2014, 02:33:48 pm »

OMG, had a 1978 Malibu at one point that I could hardly turn the key tumbler over in if the car had sat out in the sun for too long (this was long before the foldout windowshades were in fashion).  Remember how those were textured.  You'd burn a semi-permanent pattern into your fingers with those.

I guess if you wanted to thwart the police fingerprinting you, that would be a good way of doing it.

I didn’t have that problem with my ’68 El Camino as it did not have the key on the steering column.  Something makes me think that debuted on ’69 or ’70 Chevelle and El Camino lines.  But I did have the vinyl b1tch bench seat.  Only thing worse than burnt legs or fingers from a column ignition was bashing my frozen knuckles on the radiator when replacing the lower hose in sub 30 temps.

Holy crap, that’s some thread drift!

Stanley1
Activist

« Reply #389 on: May 07, 2014, 08:18:30 am »

I listened to a presentation on this last night.  The presenter was Jeff Stava, the project's director.

This thing is going to be something truly special.  There are so many aspects to the park that will be unique to the United States.  I didn't realize the time frame was so far out, but they won't even finish Phase 1 until 2017-2018.  They've made a few relatively minor changes to what was last shown to the public.  There will be a BMX Pump Track near the Skate Bowl.  They are adding some "docks" around the pond for fishing.  Changing materials on a few items.  They are wanting to add some more night life stuff down around 31st street.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 91   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org