A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:15:20 am
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 91   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) A Gathering Place For Tulsa  (Read 767261 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #330 on: February 04, 2014, 12:28:43 pm »

Wow, I feel so left out.   Wink

Buck up little camper.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #331 on: February 04, 2014, 12:46:35 pm »

Any day next week but the evening of the 10th. I have never been inside the Fur shop or Hodges Bend but both look interesting. Anyone who could tolerate having a beer with an opinionated, out of touch, overly sensitive, creative, Welsh/English/Cherokee, native Tulsan....is welcome to drink with me.

onward...through the fog
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #332 on: February 04, 2014, 12:49:17 pm »

Any day next week but the evening of the 10th. I have never been inside the Fur shop or Hodges Bend but both look interesting. Anyone who could tolerate having a beer with an opinionated, out of touch, overly sensitive, creative, Welsh/English/Cherokee, native Tulsan....is welcome to drink with me.

Irish...we can complain about the over-seasoned local cuisine. 
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #333 on: February 04, 2014, 01:56:59 pm »

Irish...we can complain about the over-seasoned local cuisine. 

How about a Scotsman with Cherokee and Sioux?  Or is that too much rage?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #334 on: February 04, 2014, 02:44:19 pm »

Ditto, only no Cherokee in this Welshman.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #335 on: February 04, 2014, 03:49:44 pm »

Our ancestors all have in common a hatred of the British and a mistrust of government.

onward...through the fog
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #336 on: February 04, 2014, 05:02:53 pm »

Our ancestors all have in common a hatred of the British and a mistrust of government.
crap, I'm a descendent of William the conquer, so I better keep my distance.

Sent from my galaxy, far far away, with tapatalk
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #337 on: February 04, 2014, 05:09:12 pm »

crap, I'm a descendent of William the conquer, so I better keep my distance.

Awesome.  I'm a direct descendent of William Wallace (yes, that one).

I will not, however, paint my face blue.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #338 on: February 04, 2014, 07:33:47 pm »

No problem How's.  The Scotts during that period never painted their faces blue - Mel Gibson added it for dramatic effect.  He also left out all the raping and murder done by Wallace against Scottish towns that stayed "neutral".   

You bastard.  :p

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #339 on: February 04, 2014, 07:50:24 pm »

No problem How's.  The Scotts during that period never painted their faces blue - Mel Gibson added it for dramatic effect.  He also left out all the raping and murder done by Wallace against Scottish towns that stayed "neutral".   

People back then just weren't nice.

Sad

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #340 on: February 04, 2014, 07:56:20 pm »

I'm half British Isles: a bit English, a bit Scottish (also Scotch as an adult), probably some Welsh, and maybe some northern Irish.  That all seems like a self contradicting mix.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #341 on: February 04, 2014, 09:49:57 pm »

I'm mostly English and my family is from Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent. Also Scottish, Clan Dalrymple, and bit of Welsh. I am super white. I almost glow in the sun and I don't dance so there won't be a Elaine Benes situation.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #342 on: February 04, 2014, 10:43:57 pm »

Awesome.  I'm a direct descendent of William Wallace (yes, that one).

I will not, however, paint my face blue.
Longshanks is a part of that lineage as well.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #343 on: February 09, 2014, 05:06:43 am »

It's sad that this house was torn down, for me growing up in Tulsa it was a landmark home, and the lawn on the west side was the place in the 70's for the fireworks on the 4th when that was the location. Reading about the proposed development there reminds me of when both Mabel and Hubert had passed and the MA-HU mansion was first vacant back in the late 60's or early 70's. There were a number of plans proposed for that 40 acre lot that never came to be, including one that the mansion would be a meeting facility/center piece of a development that include a conference center, a park, an upscale hotel and retail back in '71 or '72, (IIRC). The big issue that killed most of the proposed developments was the fact that the developers wanted a street that ran from the light that is where Whataburger is going west into the neighborhood on the west side of the property. My parents lived on 26th Court where this street would meet ours, and were opposed to it. That property, even after the house was demolished, sat vacant until the late 80's, so almost 20 years of being a problem and an eyesore.

I may not agree with the things that at being done, but at least it won't be a waste land (hopefully) for 10 to 20 years.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #344 on: February 09, 2014, 05:19:36 am »

One of the last pictures of MA-HU.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 91   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org