A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 02:55:56 am
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 91   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) A Gathering Place For Tulsa  (Read 772404 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #120 on: April 25, 2013, 05:26:14 am »

I didn't go to the open house meetings but have been following this as close as possible, including talking to some GKFF people.  Does anyone know if they plan on keeping the neighborhood access to the park on 30th street?  If you live in that neighborhood (I don't), you can walk / ride down 30th Street and it dumps you right into the parking lot north of 31st street by the pedestrian bridge.  Can't really tell from the pictures.

I don't know, but I do know that in meetings there were people from the neighborhood asking for their to be LESS connections to the park from their neighborhood.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #121 on: April 25, 2013, 06:46:00 am »

I didn't go to the open house meetings but have been following this as close as possible, including talking to some GKFF people.  Does anyone know if they plan on keeping the neighborhood access to the park on 30th street?  If you live in that neighborhood (I don't), you can walk / ride down 30th Street and it dumps you right into the parking lot north of 31st street by the pedestrian bridge.  Can't really tell from the pictures.

Is this where you are talking about?

http://goo.gl/maps/lfPum

I can understand why the neighborhood would want LESS connections to the park.

kherburger08
Tourist

« Reply #122 on: May 01, 2013, 09:35:42 am »

What is the status with this project?Huh  The website has not been updated in a year.  Is it still happening?  I hope so.  The river really needs something like this!!!!!
dioscorides
Civic Leader

« Reply #123 on: May 01, 2013, 09:52:51 am »

according to this article, it looks like they are waiting to see if infrastructure is going to be included in a new fix our streets package.  even if it isn't included, the article says construction will begin in 2014.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/article.aspx/Gathering_Place_City_sponsor_weigh_infrastructure_needs/20130330_16_A1_CUTLIN144208

There is an ancient Celtic axiom that says 'Good people drink good beer.' Which is true, then as now. Just look around you in any public barroom and you will quickly see: bad people drink bad beer. Think about it. - Hunter S. Thompson
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #124 on: May 01, 2013, 11:45:59 am »

It is still happening, the completion date has always been something like 2015.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #125 on: June 18, 2013, 07:01:47 am »

Sneak peek at tonight's big reveal: http://www.tulsaworld.com/article.aspx/Plan_for_new_Tulsa_park_to_be_unveiled/20130618_11_A1_CUTLIN611039
Sutton
Citizen

« Reply #126 on: June 18, 2013, 09:05:44 am »

The latest design shows that the apartment complex on the south end of the park (Crow Creek apartments?) won't be demolished... is this a recent change or old news?

Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #127 on: June 18, 2013, 11:36:28 am »

Will the plans be on display tonight only? Or will TCC still have them for public viewing for awhile? I can't make it tonight, but I'd love to walk down to TCC during lunch sometime this week to view it all if I can.
takemebacktotulsa
Citizen

« Reply #128 on: June 18, 2013, 02:27:49 pm »

Does anyone know what is going to happen to that 70's era concrete plaza (I think it's the Zink dam?) near 31st?
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #129 on: June 18, 2013, 03:35:05 pm »

It was going to be demolished to make room for the water park at that location. By raising the height of the low water dam it was probably going to be submerged anyway. Now? Kirby?

onward...through the fog
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #130 on: June 18, 2013, 07:15:06 pm »

The latest design shows that the apartment complex on the south end of the park (Crow Creek apartments?) won't be demolished... is this a recent change or old news?

One complex is coming down as part of Phase 2 which includes the Children's Museum. The other complex is now outside of the plan, so I'm guessing it will be commercial development at some point.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #131 on: June 18, 2013, 07:16:47 pm »

Will the plans be on display tonight only? Or will TCC still have them for public viewing for awhile? I can't make it tonight, but I'd love to walk down to TCC during lunch sometime this week to view it all if I can.

TCC is officially closed right now, so it likely is not going to be open to the public. You will be able to see it on the website in the next day or so if it's handled like past reveals. I went and the crowds were out the door.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #132 on: June 18, 2013, 09:00:22 pm »

They are not going to have the display after tonight.  They will be having it on display at a location to be announced for some time, then they will be moving it around town to give more people a chance to see it.  Keep an eye on their website for locations.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #133 on: June 18, 2013, 09:02:10 pm »

oh, and then there is this
http://www.newson6.com/story/22627555/many-tulsa-residents-wowed-by-plans-for-new-park-on-riverside-drive
davideinstein
« Reply #134 on: June 19, 2013, 04:34:12 am »

"Totally awesome"
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 91   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org