A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:37:16 am
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 91   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) A Gathering Place For Tulsa  (Read 771735 times)
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #105 on: November 20, 2012, 05:13:51 pm »

Wow.   That looks pretty amazing. 

YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #106 on: November 20, 2012, 05:14:52 pm »

[600-700 Residential Units] -> [Huh]

It may be viewed as clearing out Riff Raff, but that is a lot of people to remove from the local economy of Brookside businesses.

How much new residential do you see in these maps? 25 to 50 rich condos?

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #107 on: November 20, 2012, 07:11:44 pm »

[600-700 Residential Units] -> [Huh]

It may be viewed as clearing out Riff Raff, but that is a lot of people to remove from the local economy of Brookside businesses.

How much new residential do you see in these maps? 25 to 50 rich condos?

More than that, but not 600 units. If I were a betting man I'd expect residential all up and down crow creek at some point.
YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #108 on: November 20, 2012, 08:55:45 pm »

If they would go vertical we'd be in business, but you really think more than 50 units if they are one unit per footprint?

Bomasada going up helps soften the blow, but Brookside continues to need more population density, and this worries me (otherwise I think this looks fabulous and we are lucky to have a GKFF doing these things)...

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #109 on: November 21, 2012, 11:42:52 am »

What will be the effect on the project if the funding for the  low water dam improvements (to effect a white water park) and future low water dams continues to be thwarted? Funding at the federal level has lost momentum and the supreme court ruling and the resolute opposition by a Edmond legislator has got to blunt the effort somewhat. The Zink dam needs to be raised in height and changed in operation to make the lake complementary to the development.

onward...through the fog
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #110 on: November 21, 2012, 11:51:22 am »

What will be the effect on the project if the funding for the  low water dam improvements (to effect a white water park) and future low water dams continues to be thwarted? Funding at the federal level has lost momentum and the supreme court ruling and the resolute opposition by a Edmond legislator has got to blunt the effort somewhat. The Zink dam needs to be raised in height and changed in operation to make the lake complementary to the development.

Good to see you posting today.

I'd imagine this will need to be funded locally.  I'm thinking helping that along with an adjustment to the proposed V2029 plans or whatever is produced to replace V2025.

I'm talking out of my exit on this but I just don't see outside assistance helping out as long as the decisions can be made in OKC.  

Hell, I'm surprised there's no bill in the works forcing something like KFF to match any funds in OKC to anything given to Tulsa.  (just shooting a "they suck" comment out there directed at our representatives)

*Edited to add that now I imagine that bill will exist soon.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #111 on: November 21, 2012, 03:12:08 pm »

The sentiment in OKC is that Tulsa once again dropped the ball by turning down V-2. Doubtful they pay enough attention to know it was a fatally flawed proposal. This gives a guy like the Edmond legislator wind in his sails...."even Tulsans don't want this development..." when in reality Tulsan's will love these changes to the river.

While speaking to a group recently, I was asked to stall for time till the priciples arived. I said, "Let's talk about river development!" Everyone laughed.

onward...through the fog
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #112 on: December 07, 2012, 02:19:28 pm »

Tulsa needs to get it's act in gear, OKC is getting ahead and pulling away.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Jonette2
Citizen

« Reply #113 on: January 24, 2013, 12:48:23 am »

I haven't posted on here in a long time, but I have been real interested in this Kaiser Riverside project since the beginning. I'm pretty excited about it and I talk to my co-workers about it sometimes. When I first started talking about it, they didn't believe that this was in the works. Well I said, It's on TulsaNow. Ha 

They have no idea what this TulsaNow is, it's rather funny.

Anyway, I agree that Tulsa is kinda being left in the smoke as far as the Oklahoma City thing is concerned. But it's not supposed to be a contest.Is it?

I really hope they address the parking issue, if not then it's going to be a problem. But it does look like they have bought plenty of land, so we will see.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #114 on: January 24, 2013, 06:51:08 am »

I haven't posted on here in a long time, but I have been real interested in this Kaiser Riverside project since the beginning. I'm pretty excited about it and I talk to my co-workers about it sometimes. When I first started talking about it, they didn't believe that this was in the works. Well I said, It's on TulsaNow. Ha 

They have no idea what this TulsaNow is, it's rather funny.

Anyway, I agree that Tulsa is kinda being left in the smoke as far as the Oklahoma City thing is concerned. But it's not supposed to be a contest.Is it?

I really hope they address the parking issue, if not then it's going to be a problem. But it does look like they have bought plenty of land, so we will see.

I believe the plan has 600 spots as it is now. Seems pretty well addressed to me.
tulsamatt
Activist

« Reply #115 on: February 18, 2013, 11:51:45 am »

Any updates on this project?  The web site http://agatheringplacefortulsa.com/ hasen't been updated since May 2012...

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #116 on: February 18, 2013, 03:10:35 pm »

Any updates on this project?  The web site http://agatheringplacefortulsa.com/ hasen't been updated since May 2012...

Design phase is pretty long. I think construction was set for 2014. $20 says part of the upcoming streets package will include Riverside drive work for this.
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #117 on: February 18, 2013, 04:19:24 pm »

Design phase is pretty long. I think construction was set for 2014. $20 says part of the upcoming streets package will include Riverside drive work for this.

I wonder what the effect, if any, on this project of the Vision 2 failure and loss of state money for the dam(s).
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #118 on: February 19, 2013, 07:44:16 am »

I wonder what the effect, if any, on this project of the Vision 2 failure and loss of state money for the dam(s).

Negligible given that it appears the concept is to divert what money that was meant for all 3 dams to just this one dam.
Patrick
Activist

« Reply #119 on: April 24, 2013, 02:16:50 pm »

I didn't go to the open house meetings but have been following this as close as possible, including talking to some GKFF people.  Does anyone know if they plan on keeping the neighborhood access to the park on 30th street?  If you live in that neighborhood (I don't), you can walk / ride down 30th Street and it dumps you right into the parking lot north of 31st street by the pedestrian bridge.  Can't really tell from the pictures.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 91   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org