A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:24:41 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LifeTime Fitness - South Tulsa  (Read 23636 times)
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2012, 08:07:39 pm »

I can't wait for this place to open. We joined in 2011 so as to waive the signing fees, and we got the free jacket.  Smiley
This place has four pools, and is over 114,000 sq ft. I am so ready to start going here, however, I'm not liking the extra stoplight.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2012, 08:11:46 pm »

I can't wait for this place to open. We joined in 2011 so as to waive the signing fees, and we got the free jacket.  Smiley
This place has four pools, and is over 114,000 sq ft. I am so ready to start going here, however, I'm not liking the extra stoplight.

I might be more accepting of the stop light if the northbound exits from Walmart were given access and forced to use the light instead of trying to cross southbound Memorial.  In fact, get rid of all the median cuts between 111th and the new light.

Edit:
It looks like the parking lots all connect.  Repaint the parking areas and it would be like a mini urban street on one side.
http://g.co/maps/b2akb

« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 08:16:36 pm by Red Arrow » Logged

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2012, 12:28:20 am »

How many stoplights are there now between 91st & 121st now?  I went through that gauntlet a few weeks ago and thought I would die from asbestos poisoning from all the stopping.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2012, 09:57:39 am »

How many stoplights are there now between 91st & 121st now?  I went through that gauntlet a few weeks ago and thought I would die from asbestos poisoning from all the stopping.

Watching all the people walk from shop front to shop front in the quaint little village atmosphere helps with the wait times.  The children flying their kites and the people riding their horses over hill and dale look so nice.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2012, 10:51:05 am »

Watching all the people walk from shop front to shop front in the quaint little village atmosphere helps with the wait times.  The children flying their kites and the people riding their horses over hill and dale look so nice.

Umm, I must have missed something. I was at the Spirit Bank Center and the word "quaint" didn't come to mind. The entrance and exit out of that area is nothing but Mall like at best.
As for the "Norman Rockwell" type scenery. I was to busy avoiding being hit by all the cars to notice it.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2012, 10:56:16 am »

Umm, I must have missed something. I was at the Spirit Bank Center and the word "quaint" didn't come to mind. The entrance and exit out of that area is nothing but Mall like at best.
As for the "Norman Rockwell" type scenery. I was to busy avoiding being hit by all the cars to notice it.

Well see?  Rush rush rush and you miss it.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2012, 11:29:45 am »

I believe Memorial is the Hose to Bixby. There still exists several large vacant tracks in that Creek to 111th area.... Lips sealed
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2012, 01:01:14 pm »

You shoulda been there yesterday 35 years ago

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2012, 01:05:12 pm »

I believe Memorial is the Hose to Bixby. There still exists several large vacant tracks in that Creek to 111th area.... Lips sealed

Not too many.  Have you been there or are you looking at Google Maps/Street view.

ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2012, 02:39:27 pm »

There is one, and it's a cow pasture.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org