A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:32:25 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LifeTime Fitness - South Tulsa  (Read 23639 times)
tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« on: February 21, 2012, 09:32:09 am »

I didn't see where anyone had posted about this.  I went and checked it out last week and joined.  It  looks like a great facility, and I have only heard good things from friends who are members in other cities.  The price isn't cheap, not $5 a month option here, but with two indoor pools, awesome kids programs and a huge play pool outside, it was a great family choice for me.  They are set to open Mid-April, but you can join now. 

IF you want to talk to someone about it, I can't say enough about my sales rep.  He is a super nice guy, and I would love for anyone interested to contact him.  If you really want to use my name, PM me (I'll take the perks!!), but its not about me getting the referrals, I'm pulling for him to be successful, and I'm really impressed by the club's facility and offerings.

His name is Omar Ahmadieh.  His number is 918-364-8500 or email oahmadieh@lifetimefitness.com

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 10:07:05 am »

I met Bahram Akradi (LTF CEO) at the Leadville Trail 100 Mountain Bike Race last year.  He said he personally designs each club and he's not afraid to put as much money as needed into making sure the facilities are first rate.  Where Lifetime differs from other health clubs and gyms is it's more a focus on healthy lifestyles from exercise to nutrition.  Being a member also entitles you to other perks.  If you decide you want to do one of the triathlons LTF owns or any of the Leadville Race Series events, members get lottery preference on their entry or get to by-pass the lottery altogether if I understood Bahram correctly.  The Tulsa location is somewhat inconvenient for me, but we will give it a look-see.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 10:34:13 am »

Those are true points!  You give them a goal and they are there to help you meet it.  One of Omar's is a triathleon.  He said the structure and support for that is amazing.  The location works for us, although not perfect . . . . but definitely worth trying.  I could be wrong, but I think they said it was a $30M facility!   It looks amazing, makes me excited to go try it out.  I've recently dropped 45 lbs, and my focus is on enjoying my exercise (tennis mainly) so if I can enjoy where I'm at (and my kids too) its really probably worth twice the dues to us.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 10:42:45 am »

I looked at it but their member price was about double what I'm paying for the Y (and 3 of the locations I use built were built the last few years)

It looks like lifetime has a lot more classes and other programs, but none are included in the membership.

In reality, the majority of members who weren't working out at a $25 or $75 facility will now not-workout here for $175/mo.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 10:45:26 am »

It's the new south Tulsa country club.  Why do you think Cedar Ridge is spending $2MM on a fitness & pool facility?  Have to keep up or they'll lose their social members.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 11:35:16 am »

In reality, the majority of members who weren't working out at a $25 or $75 facility will now not-workout here for $175/mo.

Good stuff there.

Lifetime isn't really geared for a casual approach to fitness.  They try and attract athletes and people who are looking to maintain a healthy lifestyle, not those looking to lose a few pounds before their Bahamas trip or for their new year's resolution.  Granted, there are many options to do this other than LTF, but LTF tries to cram as much value into those dues to make it worth it. 

I don't suspect we will ever hear annoying "Join now, only $10 a month!" out of them.

Oh, and I forgot to compliment you at the TNF lunch.  Looking great these days, sir!  Your hard work is paying off!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 01:17:33 pm »

Oh, and I forgot to compliment you at the TNF lunch.  Looking great these days, sir!  Your hard work is paying off!

And theoretically I'm saving $100/mo on gym fees Smiley
tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 01:41:11 pm »

sgrizzle, I disagree.

The classes are included, personal trainer, bootcamp, one on one pilates aren't.  All their group fitness classes are, two pools indoors, another huge one outside, a rock climbing wall, amazing kids programs and two hours of child care PER DAY is included.  I see it as a place to go with family, hang out at pool, do the climbing wall, they go to kids classes while I go to a class and then we all head to the pool.  And for my family, taxes included it's $134/month.  That's less than 1/2 of what I would pay just for 6 hours of child care per week.  And I'm not giving up my club membership for this, I think it serves a different purpose.  I do wish they had tennis courts at the Tulsa location, but that may come (along with higher dues, which may cause me to rethink the club membership)

dbacks fan
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 02:11:56 pm »

They built a LT near where I used to work in Gilbert AZ and I can tell you that from the time it opened until the time I moved from Gilbert last summer the place was never slow and without cars in the parking lot. Even through the market crash they were consistently busy all day.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 02:44:46 pm »

Good Lord can they put anything else at 101st and Memorial ?
I was over there Saturday morning around 11 a.m. and it is packed beyond belief.
I still can't believe they call that Bixby. Sorry I just looked up this fitness place address.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 04:11:04 pm »

Maybe another nail salon or cell phone store?  How about a CVS or Walgreens?

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2012, 06:05:24 pm »

I was over there Saturday morning around 11 a.m. and it is packed beyond belief.
I still can't believe they call that Bixby. Sorry I just looked up this fitness place address.

The west side of Memorial between 101st and 111th is Tulsa. The east side is Bixby.  Unfortunately, there is a bunch more space in that "lot" being developed by the gym.
 Sad

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2012, 06:12:19 pm »

Maybe another nail salon or cell phone store?  How about a CVS or Walgreens?

Got a CVS at 101st, a Walgreens at 111th, plus WalMart pharmacy at 111th and Target pharmacy at 101st.

Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2012, 06:18:36 pm »

It's huge. I don't know why it's so big. And yes, there's lots of vacant adjacent land on which a "big event" will eventually occur. Lips sealed

Meanwhile, there's a bit of faturation coming to the Tulsa area fitness market. This will be very popular for several years. Maybe longer if they keep it first rate and well maintained.

South Memorial is a mini North Dallass....
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2012, 06:38:49 pm »

South Memorial is a mini North Dallass....

We need a trolley like McKinney St.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org