A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:04:07 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) The Vault (Former autobank at 624 S Cincinatti)  (Read 22684 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2012, 02:57:17 pm »

I save the alcohol for after the meal. Wink

You fool!  Don't ruin a good buzz with food.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2012, 03:17:36 pm »

You fool!  Don't ruin a good buzz with food.

I knew there was something wrong with Nathan.  He must not be Irish English German Russian er well, one of us.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2012, 03:31:54 pm »

You fool!  Don't ruin a good buzz with food.

That's why I drink after the meal. If I drink before or during the meal, the meal just sops up all the alcohol and wastes my money. As far as my heritage is concerned, your guess is as good as mine.  Grin

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2012, 03:36:07 pm »

Dinner menu does look a bit on the pricey side if you are used to the prices at Elote'

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2012, 03:50:12 pm »

I can't wait to try the place. My friend Bonnie got a job there and raves about the food.

Power is nothing till you use it.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2012, 08:33:32 am »

The comments on tulsafood.com are an interesting read
http://tulsafood.com/downtown/the-vault-restaurant-downtown

Nutshell:   somewhat unflattering review... no biggie, the place had just recently opened.. I'd still like to try it
It's Libby's response and handling of the review and ensuing flame war...  yikes
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2012, 08:51:14 am »

I've been several times, it was great each time and Libby appeared and chatted with us each time I was there. I've never had a hassle, the hostess, and Bar keeps (Eric and Brian etc) have always been more than accommodating. Its a new place but I've been to new places that didn't have it together nearly as well as this place does.

Yikes on the link there. This Jeremiah Ramey and Libby seem to have some history.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2012, 09:13:35 am »

I want to side with Libby on the flamewar, but a few of her statements bothered me:

"This “critic” came in claiming he had a reservation when he in fact did not. "
His claim was that he called and the person who answered said they had call-ahead but no reservations. Unless Libby was the one he talked to on the phone, how would she know exactly what the employee said. (or say definitively that he didn't call)  That should not have been stated as fact.

"A food critic should never review a business with in the first week"
Stories are written ALL THE TIME about businesses during their first week. He seemed to do a decent job of mentioning that he expected things to improve.

"Then to be harsh online in the review and facebook seems so cowardly."
Welcome to the internet.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 09:15:12 am by sgrizzle » Logged
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2012, 12:09:28 pm »

The 'no reviews during the first week' is ridiculous. Are the prices lowered during the first week? If customers are paying full price, then the business is putting itself out there for criticism.

I haven't yet made it to the Vault, but I do dislike the trend that seems to be happening downtown: more focus on creating an atmosphere than actual quality of food/drinks/service. I hope the vault isn't another example of this.

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2012, 02:19:13 pm »

Have been a couple of times now and enjoyed the food and drink.  The pricing seemed perfectly fine to me and the service was good.  Of all the restaurants I have been in at this early a stage, I think they had their act together better than most. 

Now on the negative side, was quite chilly the second time I went, especially in the lower level, but fortunately we got a space upstairs which wasn't as chilly.  The first time when we sat in the lower level I noticed the space was extremely "echoey" creating a loud atmosphere in which it was difficult to talk. I looked around and noticed there were a couple of spots where some sound absorption panels could be placed that would help with that.  Course the rub is, costs money, and I know they have likely shelled out quite a lot as it is.  Then to get really picky, the upstairs area needed just one or two more pieces of artwork of some sort to flesh out the look and feel of the place. I know it's supposed to be minimalist and modern, but still could use something more imho.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2012, 08:35:46 pm »

We went to the Vault tonight. The food was delicious (they were four for four on that count), the weird margarita was delicious, and the atmosphere was great. Unfortunately, it took about an hour for the food to get out of the kitchen, so we ended up having to wolf it down to make Louis CK. It's mildly expensive, but still under $50/pp with drinks and tip, which isn't out of line with my expectations given the quality and presentation of the food and drink.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org