A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:00:35 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) The Vault (Former autobank at 624 S Cincinatti)  (Read 22683 times)
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2012, 02:03:16 pm »

just checked their facebook page...
they just might be open NOW
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2012, 09:15:28 pm »

Yep they have been having some "soft opening" nights lately.  Was nice seeing all the people going there and walking by the shop as we were working on it tonight. 

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2012, 09:18:20 pm »

Yep they have been having some "soft opening" nights lately.  Was nice seeing all the people going there and walking by the shop as we were working on it tonight. 

I'm sure you can always use some more $ for the museum.  How desperate are you presently.  I have sent a few donations in the past.  Speak up, get a few more TNFers to open their checkbooks.

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2012, 08:04:18 am »

I'm sure you can always use some more $ for the museum.  How desperate are you presently.  I have sent a few donations in the past.  Speak up, get a few more TNFers to open their checkbooks.

Thanks indeed, we can always use a few more bucks.  Right now we are working on having a little event this fall towards the end of October to possibly create an "acquisition fund".

Right now all my money is going into opening my shop (this shop is different from the museums shop) so am unable to plop down any decent sized chunks of money to purchase artifacts for the museum and I really want us to upgrade and broaden our display items.  We have some stellar collectors that have items on loan to the museum, but often their collections are specific, one type of deco, one or two types of items (this person collects one type of deco picture frames, the other cast iron deco lamps "not chrome", etc.) which limits what you can do.  Plus it's just easier all around when an object belongs outright to the museum.  Occasionally I will see something online and am like, aaargh, if only I had the money right now that would be sooo wonderful as a dispay item for the museum.  

So, this next fundraiser will be to raise money for an Aquisition Fund so that we can purchase another Wow! would ya look at that! item for display in our museum.  Stay tuned, give us a couple more weeks to iron out the details, and keep your wallets ready lol.

Slightly back on topic... We feel lucky to be getting the space  for our shop at 6th and Boston at this time.  The Vault will begin to pull traffic further south on Boston Ave.  That will help us out a bit I am sure.  And hopefully since we are right next door people will see us, come by and check us out, and also then walk on up Boston to the other shops and such.  Our shop will be Moderne from Deco to Contemporary (need to work on a good tag line) so will also have some 50s Mod type stuff to play up the Vault.  May even take some photos of the vault and make some postcards and prints to sell.   Most of our stuff will be new items that will have that Deco to Contemporary feel, but we will also sprinkle in some fun, authentic "antique" moderne items as well, and of course my own Art Deco artwork.    
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 08:07:21 am by TheArtist » Logged

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2012, 03:50:59 pm »

I'm sure you can always use some more $ for the museum.  How desperate are you presently.  I have sent a few donations in the past.  Speak up, get a few more TNFers to open their checkbooks.

Sit in front of the store with an open guitar case...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2012, 10:13:37 pm »

Sit in front of the store with an open guitar case...

I can't help there.  My musical talents consist of playing a stereo and I'm not so sure I even do that well.  A guitar case is out of the question.   Cheesy

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2012, 11:24:53 pm »

The wife, kid and I went Saturday afternoon.  Good food, good beers on tap.  No Guinness.  (Bronx cheer)

The rooftop bar is very cool.  Enclosed in glass.  "largest panes of glass in Oklahoma" on the main floor.

It's all done up with a 60's style and is easily the coolest place in town for ambiance.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2012, 07:50:46 am »

The wife, kid and I went Saturday afternoon.  Good food, good beers on tap.  No Guinness.  (Bronx cheer)

The rooftop bar is very cool.  Enclosed in glass.  "largest panes of glass in Oklahoma" on the main floor.

It's all done up with a 60's style and is easily the coolest place in town for ambiance.

It's very mod. Bring your best Connery Bond.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2012, 09:47:47 am »

It's very mod. Bring your best Connery Bond.

Tough to do with vomit on your shoulder.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2012, 09:49:05 am »

I can't help there.  My musical talents consist of playing a stereo and I'm not so sure I even do that well.  A guitar case is out of the question.   Cheesy

I didn't say anything about a guitar.

Menu looks interesting. I'm cheap so don't know if I'll ever go.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2012, 08:04:26 pm »

Menu looks interesting. I'm cheap so don't know if I'll ever go.

Where'd you find a menu?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2012, 08:19:13 pm »

Where'd you find a menu?

http://www.vaulttulsa.com
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2012, 02:27:11 pm »

My only problem with that menu is the part at the bottom about serving Pepsi products. The dinner pricing isn't really out of line. Lunch pricing may be, but I don't often eat lunch, so I can't say for sure.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2012, 02:31:16 pm »

My only problem with that menu is the part at the bottom about serving Pepsi products. 

Stop drinking that crap.  Beer's healthier.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2012, 02:44:48 pm »

Stop drinking that crap.  Beer's healthier.

I save the alcohol for after the meal. Wink

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org