A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:36:07 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dave Grohl  (Read 3973 times)
DolfanBob
City Father

« on: February 17, 2012, 03:25:59 pm »

If you didn't hear his acceptance speech last Sunday you really need too. I am not to famillar with the man but after hearing his speech I thought he was pretty cool.

But after his follow up to all the uproar about his speech (Which I dont' get) He is my freaking hero !
Check it out. http://content.usatoday.com/communities/entertainment/post/2012/02/dave-grohl-clarifies-grammy-acceptance-speech/1?csp=34life&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+usatoday-LifeTopStories+%28Life+-+Top+Stories%29&utm_content=My+Yahoo

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 03:56:33 pm »

There is a foo fighters song with the lyric "there goes my hero".  Irony.

He was the second drummer for nirvana, the one the were famous with.

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 04:34:41 pm »

There is a foo fighters song with the lyric "there goes my hero".  Irony.

He was the second drummer for nirvana, the one the were famous with.

And he still does a bang up job on the skins.  Did you see him play on "Rock & Roll" with Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, and JPJ?  Reminded me of "Animal" from the muppets he was so into it!  He had a mile wide grin which would not stop.  Can't blame him- getting a chance to play with Led Zep?  Hell Yeah!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 04:45:11 pm »

And he still does a bang up job on the skins.  Did you see him play on "Rock & Roll" with Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, and JPJ?  Reminded me of "Animal" from the muppets he was so into it!  He had a mile wide grin which would not stop.  Can't blame him- getting a chance to play with Led Zep?  Hell Yeah!

Fantastic, fantastic musician.  If you get a chance to watch "Back and Forth", do it.  It's a fascinating study of how Foo Fighters came to be, and the last third of it deals with the recording of their latest album, which he talked about in the speech about recording it on analog.  Great video to watch.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 07:57:47 pm »

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 09:12:36 pm »

I saw that on Palladia, really awesome.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 10:16:56 pm »

5 Grammys...just this year.

That is all.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org