A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:50:08 am
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Changes to Tulsa's residential trash system  (Read 125749 times)
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #345 on: July 09, 2012, 10:23:29 pm »

Runaway inflation?

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #346 on: July 10, 2012, 08:33:50 am »

Looks like the blue carts are arriving at the staging lot as of yesterday.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
shadows
City Father

« Reply #347 on: July 10, 2012, 03:38:14 pm »

Runaway inflation?
What do you call it when a class ring with a half ounce of gold, which sold for $14 dollars, is valued at $750 dollars on today’s market? The 79 cent gallon of milk is priced at $3.45?  The Ford auto sold for $2300 dollars now is priced at $23000 dollars? GMC pickup sold for $1400 dollars now priced at $18000 dollars?  Gallon of gasoline sold for 19 cents a gallon now $3.19?  Minimum wage was 25 cents an hour. 

Run away inflation?   We are the world greatest debtor as the values on the foreign exchanges devalue the dollar.  What would one call it other than reverse economy? 

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #348 on: July 10, 2012, 04:01:22 pm »

Trash pickup came a bit later this time.  About 1PM.

Same old scary truck but they took a bunch of boxes I put out.

I've seen a CNG truck close to my home.  It looks much less likely to kill groups of children on a playground from being a runaway with no brakes.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #349 on: July 10, 2012, 04:04:51 pm »

Trash pickup came a bit later this time.  About 1PM.

Same old scary truck but they took a bunch of boxes I put out.

I've seen a CNG truck close to my home.  It looks much less likely to kill groups of children on a playground from being a runaway with no brakes.

Mine picked up about 8:45 am this morning.   about half hour earlier than before.  Same truck as last week.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #350 on: July 11, 2012, 02:50:47 pm »

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20120711_11_0_Thedis990485

For those behind the paywall, it's as follows:

July 16-28: West Tulsa; 56th Street North to Admiral Place and Yale Avenue to 145th East Avenue.
July 30-Aug. 18: Admiral Place to 31st Street and Arkansas River to Interstate 44
Aug 13-Sept. 1: I-44 to Broken Arrow Expressway and east to 193rd East Avenue.
Aug 27-Sept. 8: 31st Street joining the Broken Arrow Expressway and south to 61st Street
Sept. 3-15: 61st Street to 91st Street and Arkansas River to Garnett Road
Sept. 10-22: 91st to 131st Street and Arkansas River to Garnett Road
Sept. 17-29: Northwest quadrant (served by city of Tulsa)

Edit:  Added map below.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 05:06:00 pm by Hoss » Logged

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #351 on: July 11, 2012, 03:01:08 pm »

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20120711_11_0_Thedis990485

For those behind the paywall, it's as follows:

July 16-28: West Tulsa; 56th Street North to Admiral Place and Yale Avenue to 145th East Avenue.
July 30-Aug. 18: Admiral Place to 31st Street and Arkansas River to Interstate 44
Aug 13-Sept. 1: I-44 to Broken Arrow Expressway and east to 193rd East Avenue.
Aug 27-Sept. 8: 31st Street joining the Broken Arrow Expressway and south to 61st Street
Sept. 3-15: 61st Street to 91st Street and Arkansas River to Garnett Road
Sept. 10-22: 91st to 131st Street and Arkansas River to Garnett Road
Sept. 17-29: Northwest quadrant (served by city of Tulsa)

Is that the cart delivery and service schedule?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #352 on: July 11, 2012, 03:08:39 pm »

Is that the cart delivery and service schedule?

Just the cart delivery schedule.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #353 on: September 27, 2012, 11:32:42 am »

Smaller Recycle Carts for Tulsa?

http://kwgs.com/post/smaller-recycle-carts-tulsa

Smaller recycling carts could soon be in Tulsa’s future. The Tulsa Trash Board had ordered huge recycling carts, but is now looking to use, much smaller, 48-gallon carts.

Board member and City Councilor David Patrick likes the idea.

Patrick: "This is a really good compromise to the size of the recycling cart and making that available to the public."               

It is not a done deal. The city legal department needs to review any contract change as well as the NewSolutions Trash Service. However, the city's Eric Lee says the board can move forward.

Lee: "I would always listen to counsel first before proceeding. However , if the intent is to 'let's put our order into queue' to give you enough time to, maybe, wait until  legal responds and/or hear from  NewSolutions."

Tulsa's new trash service begins on Monday.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #354 on: September 27, 2012, 11:40:42 am »

My recycle cart is big enough to live in. I would need to host a drunken party every night of the week to get close to filling it up. And while that sounds tempting (getting drunk and living in the cart) my liver and back would not respond well.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #355 on: September 27, 2012, 11:41:44 am »

Saw this as well.  A little late after we talked about it.  But, I am finding that mine now is more than half full after a week with the items added to the list.  So for now, I'm happy with the larger cart.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #356 on: September 27, 2012, 12:01:35 pm »

Saw this as well.  A little late after we talked about it.  But, I am finding that mine now is more than half full after a week with the items added to the list.  So for now, I'm happy with the larger cart.

Since cardboard is accepted, I might need to keep the Titanic for recycling.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #357 on: September 27, 2012, 12:09:11 pm »

Since cardboard is accepted, I might need to keep the Titanic for recycling.

Southie, did you see the article in the Sunday World Scene section about recycling?  It had a pretty extensive list of what was and was not acceptable.  I still have it if you need it.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #358 on: September 27, 2012, 12:30:37 pm »

Southie, did you see the article in the Sunday World Scene section about recycling?  It had a pretty extensive list of what was and was not acceptable.  I still have it if you need it.

I got the new and improved list in the mail, thanks.

While understanding that I have to put my left foot in and then take my left foot out, I was surprised that it was unnecessary to shake it all about.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #359 on: September 27, 2012, 03:19:48 pm »

I've had mine for two weeks, filled my recycling carts both pickup times.

I say that if you get a smaller cart, you pay $1 more and $2 more for no cart... since you obviously aren't trying hard enough. Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org