A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:53:29 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You Can't Make This Stuff Up Department- Oklahoma Legislation  (Read 17869 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2012, 01:58:59 pm »

They should also introduce a bill to create a law that forbids the killing or destruction of any human life.

For example...

Next time someone goes the the dentist and has a molar removed, they and the dentist should be thrown in prison.

A molar is more fully human than say a blastocyst composed of only a few cells.  I still have my molars and I wouldn't go against what is natural, what God put there and intended, and go to some doctor and have some ghastly, bloody procedure to rip out and kill human life.  A human molar isn't dog life, or cat life, it's human life and shouldn't be killed.  

In order to explain your point to our esteemed legislature you'd need to replace the big word "molar" with the more easily understood "chewin' tooth".
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2012, 02:34:53 pm »

In order to explain your point to our esteemed legislature you'd need to replace the big word "molar" with the more easily understood "chewin' tooth".

or "chomper" as in: "my tooth hurts!", "is it yer biter or yer chomper?"
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2012, 05:26:12 pm »

Don't forget hotel bedspreads.

Obviously you don't travel much... bedspreads in hotels/motels are never washed.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2012, 07:40:15 am »

Obviously you don't travel much... bedspreads in hotels/motels are never washed.

Try again.

Re-read.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2012, 09:17:51 am »

When I see Oklahoma legislation I think of "Blazing Saddles"- Mel Brooks, the governor, in some agitation, "Gentlemen! We need to do something fast to save our Phoney Baloney jobs!"

I didn't hear a Harumph from him. You watch your a$$ !

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2012, 09:41:49 am »

I didn't hear a Harumph from him. You watch your a$$ !

Awesome!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2012, 10:37:21 am »

Try again.

Re-read.

Dyslexic moment for today.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2012, 03:37:58 pm »

Never let facts get in the way of a good story:

The federal Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has decided against a group of PepsiCo shareholders in their efforts to stop the company from contracting with a firm that uses cells from aborted babies in producing artificial flavor enhancers.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/family/11116-sec-rules-for-pepsicos-use-of-aborted-fetal-cells

First, when did the Securities and Exchange Commission replace the FDA?  Maybe Ralph Shortey is onto something.  Or maybe Ralph is just on something.

The New American could be a prime information source for the black-helicopters-and-tin-foil-hats set.  I was hesitant about posting the link because I was burned after writing a piece critical of the late Jon Swift's page about bicycling, only to find out that it was some of the best satire...ever.  It was the first time I'd encountered Poe's Law.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2012, 06:40:25 pm »

Because Oklahoma lawmakers don't have anything better to do....   Roll Eyes

http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/local_news/okla-house-of-representatives-passes-in-god-we-trust-to-senate

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2012, 09:46:25 pm »

Because Oklahoma lawmakers don't have anything better to do....   

http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/local_news/okla-house-of-representatives-passes-in-god-we-trust-to-senate

Beyond the whole separation of church and state thing, this sucks because our motto is AWESOME!  labor omnia vincit is great.  The new one sounds like it's somewhere in between a musical review and a 700 Club episode featuring Sarah Palin.

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2012, 05:15:22 am »

Beyond the whole separation of church and state thing, this sucks because our motto is AWESOME!  labor omnia vincit is great.  The new one sounds like it's somewhere in between a musical review and a 700 Club episode featuring Sarah Palin.

Nope.  It has the word "labor" in it, which may imply a tacit acceptance of Labor Day and its substitution for the celebration of May Day, a labor festival held to honor working people in the rest of the world.  But May Day is too closely associated with both labor unions and communists. Can't have that.

I think the state motto should be "Cheap and Cheerful" but that's only 'cause I like the phrase.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2012, 05:38:09 am »

But May Day is too closely associated with both labor unions and communists. Can't have that.

That and it sounds too much like a distress call.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2012, 07:22:14 am »

That and it sounds too much like a distress call.

If the shoe fits....

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2012, 08:54:26 am »

I like "The Orange Barrel State"

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2012, 11:39:20 am »

I think "where concrete rains" might be more apt.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org