A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:51:47 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You Can't Make This Stuff Up Department- Oklahoma Legislation  (Read 17916 times)
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« on: February 11, 2012, 11:52:42 am »

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatches/news/regions/americas/united-states/senator-says-life-begins-at-ejaculation

Arizona and Oklahoma are in a race to see who can be the most crazy. I don't think AZ has a chance, but there is still some humor left in the state.

onward...through the fog
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 12:28:41 pm »

And we have Sen. Ralph Shortey as a contender for the Kern Prize, too.  He introduced legislation to prevent us from eating unborn babies in processed food after reading about it on the internets.  He introduced a bill to bar the children of illegal immigrants "Oklahoma citizenship" whatever that is.  And he wants to prevent SCOTUS from ruling on any laws passed in Oklahoma, too.

http://www.dallasvoice.com/loonier-legislator-kern-10100081.html

http://www.therightsphere.com/2012/01/oklahoma-legislator-introduces-bill-forbidding-scotus-from-reviewing-state-laws/

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 12:43:26 pm »

And we have Sen. Ralph Shortey as a contender for the Kern Prize, too.  He introduced legislation to prevent us from eating unborn babies in processed food after reading about it on the internets.  He introduced a bill to bar the children of illegal immigrants "Oklahoma citizenship" whatever that is.  And he wants to prevent SCOTUS from ruling on any laws passed in Oklahoma, too.

http://www.dallasvoice.com/loonier-legislator-kern-10100081.html

http://www.therightsphere.com/2012/01/oklahoma-legislator-introduces-bill-forbidding-scotus-from-reviewing-state-laws/

Wow.  And people here wonder why Oklahoma is made fun of...

That huge sucking noise is the space in between both of those legislators ears sucking the oxygen out of the room...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 03:44:17 pm »

You gotta watch out for those pockets of vacuum.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 04:42:56 pm »

What he said!

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 02:37:28 pm »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZwxTc8OlFqM[/youtube]

Sacred sperm....ha!
Im gonna get a microscope and sift through all the cells that would be republicans and stomp them...the rest I'll freeze for later.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 12:58:46 am »

All those lives lost to wash cloths, paper towels, bathrobes, and bedroom curtains!  Shocked

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 01:42:53 am »

All those lives lost to wash cloths, paper towels, bathrobes, and bedroom curtains!  Shocked

Or, as Peter Griffin calls them -- 'fist babies'.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 09:28:47 am »

Sacred sperm....ha!

Sadly, a large percentage of those contacting her with their support don't understand satire - they think she is serious.

The Bible says that it is better to place one's seed in the belly of a harlot than to lose spill it on the ground.  (This is Newt's motivation, I'm sure.)

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 11:16:32 am »

Don't forget hotel bedspreads.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 11:37:41 am »

Don't forget hotel bedspreads.

First thing to hit the floor when I check in.  Ghack!

I'd never thought of that until I was watching one of the crime investigation shows on A & E or Discovery and they were talking about it was hard to link DNA to the killing they were investigating because there was something close to 150 different distinct samples on the bedspread!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2012, 11:43:48 am »

First thing to hit the floor when I check in.  Ghack!

I'd never thought of that until I was watching one of the crime investigation shows on A & E or Discovery and they were talking about it was hard to link DNA to the killing they were investigating because there was something close to 150 different distinct samples on the bedspread!

They should replace the light bulbs in hotel rooms with black lights.  You could probably still read a book from the reflected illumination!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2012, 12:35:09 pm »

They should also introduce a bill to create a law that forbids the killing or destruction of any human life.

For example...

Next time someone goes the the dentist and has a molar removed, they and the dentist should be thrown in prison.

A molar is more fully human than say a blastocyst composed of only a few cells.  I still have my molars and I wouldn't go against what is natural, what God put there and intended, and go to some doctor and have some ghastly, bloody procedure to rip out and kill human life.  A human molar isn't dog life, or cat life, it's human life and shouldn't be killed.  

I am anti-abortion.  But my first thought as a Christian is to work to create a world in which a woman wouldn't want, nor be put in the position to want, to have an abortion.    We are taught to pray " thy Kindom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven."   and are taught that in heaven the laws are not written in books or scrolls but "on the hearts and minds of men".   I don't try to do the right thing, or anything for that matter, because there is or is not a law telling me what I can or can not do.  Sure having a moral code and set of guidelines can help guide me in my descisions, but ultimately we all pretty much do what we feel we want and think is right for us to do.  

There is an old saying that goes something like this... There are thousands of people trying to pluck at the leaves of the tree of evil, and far too few hacking away at its roots.  Whenever I think about even seemingly very disparate things like, child abuse, drug abuse, poor health habits, divorce, crime in general, abortion, etc. etc. I always seem to end up at the same singular place, back at the same small set of "root" causes.   We seem to have all these people putting so much effort into making this or that "leaf" illegal, but too few working on the root causes, which if you were to work on those, would eliminate a myriad of "sins".  Again I am reminded of "on earth as it is in heaven", lets make a world where people do the right thing because its written in their hearts and minds to do so.  Putting our efforts into making, passing, enforcing, etc. this or that law just seems to be a distraction from the Good Works and the Good News.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 12:37:52 pm by TheArtist » Logged

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2012, 12:43:26 pm »

When I see Oklahoma legislation I think of "Blazing Saddles"- Mel Brooks, the governor, in some agitation, "Gentlemen! We need to do something fast to save our Phoney Baloney jobs!"

onward...through the fog
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2012, 01:47:09 pm »

When I see Oklahoma legislation I think of "Blazing Saddles"- Mel Brooks, the governor, in some agitation, "Gentlemen! We need to do something fast to save our Phoney Baloney jobs!"

Probably more truth than comedy in that classic.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org