A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:32:41 am
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Keystone XL Pipeline  (Read 132173 times)
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2012, 10:13:15 am »

You’re looking at states?  I’m looking at countries.  Wink

The flatlands of Colorado may be over run with red necks, not sure.  That’s not the norm in Pagosa Springs, Leadville, Durango, Gunnison or other places I’d consider living in Colorado.  Too much wealthy dreck in places like Vail, Aspen, Telluride, or Breckinridge these days.  I don’t know if they allow red necks permanent residence in New Mexico.

I really liked Colorado Springs but couldn't tolerate the tourism. I could be a semi-desert kind of guy though. Rio Blanco river in central Texas looks inviting to me.

I like the idea of an island country as well (not Australia though, too many deadly creatures). Funny how your tastes change over time. I remember being real impressed with Dallas at one time.

onward...through the fog
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2012, 10:21:28 am »

I like the idea of an island country as well (not Australia though, too many deadly creatures).

Like copperheads, rattlesnakes, cottonmouths, gila monsters, black widows, brown recluse, and Republicans.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
dbacks fan
« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2012, 11:47:28 am »

I like the idea of an island country as well (not Australia though, too many deadly creatures). Funny how your tastes change over time. I remember being real impressed with Dallas at one time.

Two words, New Zealand.
dbacks fan
« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2012, 11:50:32 am »

You’re looking at states?  I’m looking at countries.  Wink

The flatlands of Colorado may be over run with red necks, not sure.  That’s not the norm in Pagosa Springs, Leadville, Durango, Gunnison or other places I’d consider living in Colorado.  Too much wealthy dreck in places like Vail, Aspen, Telluride, or Breckinridge these days.  I don’t know if they allow red necks permanent residence in New Mexico.

Telluride has a redneck checkpoint to keep out the undesireables, the Delores Brewing Company in Delores. If you don't stop and sample the microbrews you are deemed unworthy to continue onto Telluride.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2012, 01:43:06 pm »

The flatlands of Colorado may be over run with red necks, not sure. 

Yes, that is the case, at least in southeast Colorado. You could plop La Junta down anywhere in the south and it wouldn't change a bit aside from the altitude. I guess the "real" southerners would think they talked funny, though. (Kinda like Okies Wink) There's a place with some delicious chili in the little town just west of there, though.

That’s not the norm in Pagosa Springs, Leadville, Durango

That is also the impression I got.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2012, 02:10:12 pm »

Yes, that is the case, at least in southeast Colorado. You could plop La Junta down anywhere in the south and it wouldn't change a bit aside from the altitude. I guess the "real" southerners would think they talked funny, though. (Kinda like Okies Wink) There's a place with some delicious chili in the little town just west of there, though.

That is also the impression I got.

Rocky Ford?  Chili or Chile?  Big difference in southern Colorado and New Mexico Wink

I had some beef guisado at Elote last night that could have come from any number of places in that region.  Very authentic spin on a chile.

Oh and for a proper TNF Segue: I washed it down with Marshall’s Revival Red.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 02:12:13 pm by Conan71 » Logged

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2012, 02:18:10 pm »

Rocky Ford?  Chili or Chile?  Big difference in southern Colorado and New Mexico Wink

I had some beef guisado at Elote last night that could have come from any number of places in that region.  Very authentic spin on a chile.

Oh and for a proper TNF Segue: I washed it down with Marshall’s Revival Red.

Guess it's time for me to head to Ranch Acres/Collins tonight.  I still have a bunch of Big Jamoke, but I'm craving the Revival.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2012, 02:25:28 pm »

Swink, before you get to Rocky Ford (heading west). I want to say it's on Columbia, next to the post office. It's a while since I've been out that way, though, as my client sold off the La Junta operation several years ago. There's a pretty decent place with "fancy" decor straight out of the late 19th century in Rocky Ford, though. Looking at the googs, I think it's El Capitan Dining Room. You can also get some pretty decent Mexican food in La Junta itself.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2012, 02:29:10 pm »

Swink, before you get to Rocky Ford (heading west). I want to say it's on Columbia, next to the post office. It's a while since I've been out that way, though, as my client sold off the La Junta operation several years ago. There's a pretty decent place with "fancy" decor straight out of the late 19th century in Rocky Ford, though. Looking at the googs, I think it's El Capitan Dining Room. You can also get some pretty decent Mexican food in La Junta itself.

I’ve got a customer out in Rocky Ford so I might have to find an excuse engineer a business trip out that way.  I’ve also been craving a green chile burger from El Matador in Raton lately.  They make theirs in a huge sopapilla.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #84 on: March 23, 2012, 06:17:58 pm »

Telluride has a redneck checkpoint to keep out the undesireables, the Delores Brewing Company in Delores. If you don't stop and sample the microbrews you are deemed unworthy to continue onto Telluride.

Ok, Colorado makes it back on the list. At least the mountain areas not the flat lands.

You made me think though. I just bought a second hand 16 ft flats boat called a Gheenoe. Its part canoe, part regular boat with a square tail to hold a small outboard motor or electric trolling motor. Supposed to be a very stable fishing platform for small lakes and rivers and a practically unsinkable shallow running one at that. It even has a built in ice chest for beverages.

Now I'm just wondering....Am I a redneck?

onward...through the fog
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #85 on: March 23, 2012, 11:37:44 pm »

If your porch collapsed would it kill more than two dogs?
dbacks fan
« Reply #86 on: March 24, 2012, 01:00:05 am »

Ok, Colorado makes it back on the list. At least the mountain areas not the flat lands.

You made me think though. I just bought a second hand 16 ft flats boat called a Gheenoe. Its part canoe, part regular boat with a square tail to hold a small outboard motor or electric trolling motor. Supposed to be a very stable fishing platform for small lakes and rivers and a practically unsinkable shallow running one at that. It even has a built in ice chest for beverages.

No, but that would be perfect here to go salmon fishing in, or crabbing in some of the bays.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #87 on: March 24, 2012, 09:12:41 am »

No, but that would be perfect here to go salmon fishing in, or crabbing in some of the bays.

I haven't been fishing since the kids were little. All my tackle is trash. I might take it up again. We have a couple of small lakes, Bixhoma, Shell and of course the area rivers. Stripers and large mouth bass are the rage here. Now I have to find a trailer hitch to fit a 22 yr old Trooper survivor.

onward...through the fog
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2012, 08:52:20 am »

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0512/75917.html

Keystone pipeline: TransCanada reapplies after changing route

As expected, TransCanada reapplied Friday for a presidential permit for its Keystone XL pipeline.

The company’s application covers the stretch of the proposed pipeline from the U.S.-Canadian border in Montana to Steele City, Neb. TransCanada will supplement the application once an alternative route is selected within Nebraska.

"Our application for a presidential permit builds on more than three years of environmental review already conducted for Keystone XL," TransCanada President and CEO Russ Girling said in a press release. "It was the most comprehensive process ever for a cross-border pipeline and that work should allow our cross-border permit to be processed expeditiously and a decision made once a new route in Nebraska is determined."

Federal environmental reviews have concluded that the pipeline would have minimal impact.

But concern in Nebraska over the state’s environmentally sensitive Sandhills region and uproar by environmental activists in opposition to the entire pipeline has pushed back approval of a presidential permit until at least 2013.

President Barack Obama rejected granting a permit in January after congressional Republicans forced his hand by including a 60-day deadline for a decision in a must-pass payroll tax cut extension plan in December.

He subsequently touted and pledged to expedite permits for the southern route of the pipeline — connecting oil fields in Cushing, Okla., to Texas refineries — which doesn’t require a presidential permit.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0512/75917.html#ixzz1tueb2hCb
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #89 on: May 04, 2012, 09:19:13 am »

But that doesn't fit Obama's opponent arguments.

Never mind that that the Nebraska governor and the Nebraska senators wanted the route changed. Never mind that the Canadian Company easily changed the route after Obama made them look at other options. Obama must be anti-America if he does anything to stop a Canadian company from build a pipeline right through the middle of the country.

My favorite part of the issue is how the jobs created got multiplied. The company said that as many as 20,000 jobs would be needed to construct the pipeline. Rush Limbaugh has been saying Obama has stopped 200,000 jobs.

He must have just gotten confused by all the zeroes. 

Power is nothing till you use it.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org