A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:57:40 am
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Keystone XL Pipeline  (Read 132186 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2012, 02:38:05 pm »

Good point.

You see how easy we all can get along if we stop with political posturing and just get to the heart of things. It kills threads but it sure saves time.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2012, 02:41:39 pm »

^and I wasn't going to go there.

Deep hatred here in Oklahoma. It permeates everything and makes it difficult to attract the educated to our State.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2012, 02:51:46 pm »

It permeates everything and makes it difficult to attract the educated to our State.

We keep our heads down and apologize to our friends and family elsewhere.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2012, 03:04:29 pm »

Fallin et al behaved rudely.  It was a snub, pure and simple, and meant to be taken as such.  But I actually reserve most of my disgust for Bingman, who doesn't get to say "well heck, nobody told ME about it!"  Even if the President's advance team didn't contact him (which I find unlikely to the point of impossibility), it's his duty as the highest level elected official in the state to greet the goshdamn president, whoever he is and whatever the situation.  And if, for some reason he wasn't contacted, it still behooves him to roust himself from whatever nest he's built for himself in Sapulpa and meet the plane anyway.  Heck, when was the last time the President visited Oklahoma?  You'd think this would be a big deal.

And really . . . please come up with a reportable instance of the top three reps of any state government snubbing Bush on a given high-profile speechifying trip.  It's not enough to deploy the "Dems do it to" canard here without some proof.  Of which I'll bet 10$ that there is none.

Sorry, this pissed me off.  It seemed like a needless insult, and one which doesn't represent me as a taxpayer of this fine, fine state.  

So was it a snub when Brad Henry didn’t greet President Bush in 2008?

You really think Bingman could have just shown up and have an audience with the president without an invitation?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2012, 03:24:00 pm »

We keep our heads down and apologize to our friends and family elsewhere.

Yes. My Peeps ask me when I plan to cut out...even Conan has inquired. But I find serenity surrounded by chaos (thank you Bear Shocked).
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2012, 03:25:36 pm »

Yes. My Peeps ask me when I plan to cut out...even Conan has inquired. But I find serenity surrounded by chaos (thank you Bear Shocked).

I have my exit timed to the millisecond.  That is if the markets don’t crash again Wink

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2012, 03:47:25 pm »

http://www.newson6.com/story/17233456/oklahoma-lamakers-call-presidnets-visit-?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma lawmakers had a lot to say after the President's speech in Cushing today.

Oklahoma Senator Jim Inhofe says President Obama's push for the pipeline project is all politics.

"He has opposed the pipeline, he's opposed drilling, he's opposed fossil fuels, and this is his effort to minimize that as a negative in his re-election campaign."

Meantime, Governor Mary Fallin is also criticizing President Obama's speech.

She says "In this case the president's 'support' means that he will not actively use the federal bureaucracy to sabotage this project as he has so many others. This kind of intermittent 'support' for the industry is not good enough."

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2012, 04:00:09 pm »

Seriously, I'm crossing off states on a map to see which ones are left that I could move to comfortably when my kid hits college. I'm looking at politics and livability factors as well as where the country is going to split when the earthquake hits, the inland seas form and the oceans start to rise.  Wink I got boats. The Santorum states are a pretty good indicator of where I cannot move.

The losers so far, besides OK, are Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, North Carolina, Arizona, Colorado, Utah, Wisconsin, Kansas.

onward...through the fog
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2012, 04:16:02 pm »

Seriously, I'm crossing off states on a map to see which ones are left that I could move to comfortably when my kid hits college. I'm looking at politics and livability factors as well as where the country is going to split when the earthquake hits, the inland seas form and the oceans start to rise.  Wink I got boats. The Santorum states are a pretty good indicator of where I cannot move.

The losers so far, besides OK, are Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, North Carolina, Arizona, Colorado, Utah, Wisconsin, Kansas.

Will Washington/Oregon still be around after the big one?  I enjoyed myself there.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2012, 04:23:38 pm »

Got friends who are midstream in that process.  They chose Canada.

There really aren't that many to choose from.  I will be mobile, so will be putting in time in many different ones.  As for a permanent location, Belize doesn't look too bad.  Ex-English colony with remaining influences.  I hear varying reports about crime, but all the other 'quality of life' factors are pretty good.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2012, 04:27:03 pm »

There is always, CA, MA, NY, MI, or IL. Those states would heart the heck out of you. As for your avoiding CO, thanks.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2012, 04:42:37 pm »

Washington and Oregon will change in character as the sea levels rise. Besides, they don't want any new residents.

I used to love Colorado and have spent some vacations in the NM, CO area, but the people are pretty redneck when you get past the metro areas.  Aurora is weird, Colorado Springs and Golden are quite nice but too touristy. You'll do well there. You and Conan can live up in the mountains, ride bikes, shoot guns, spit tobaccy and fit right in.

CA would be a possibility but that's a huge culture change at this time of life. The others are too cold. If I considered them I might as well do Canada in summers and Texas in winters.

onward...through the fog
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2012, 08:15:43 pm »

Washington and Oregon will change in character as the sea levels rise. Besides, they don't want any new residents.

I used to love Colorado and have spent some vacations in the NM, CO area, but the people are pretty redneck when you get past the metro areas.  Aurora is weird, Colorado Springs and Golden are quite nice but too touristy. You'll do well there. You and Conan can live up in the mountains, ride bikes, shoot guns, spit tobaccy and fit right in.

CA would be a possibility but that's a huge culture change at this time of life. The others are too cold. If I considered them I might as well do Canada in summers and Texas in winters.

WA has already changed.  The hippies had a big migration in the '70's which changed it once.  Last 15 -20 years another migration of CA has moved there, swamping the first wave.  Kind of what is happening here on a smaller scale - people visit an area, like it so much they want to move there, then end up bringing all the crab with them that they moved to the new place to get away from in the first place.  (Here - it is Broken Arrow, Owasso, Jenks, and Bixby.)

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2012, 09:11:33 am »

You’re looking at states?  I’m looking at countries.  Wink

The flatlands of Colorado may be over run with red necks, not sure.  That’s not the norm in Pagosa Springs, Leadville, Durango, Gunnison or other places I’d consider living in Colorado.  Too much wealthy dreck in places like Vail, Aspen, Telluride, or Breckinridge these days.  I don’t know if they allow red necks permanent residence in New Mexico.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2012, 09:35:57 am »

Fallin et al behaved rudely.  It was a snub, pure and simple, and meant to be taken as such.

And yet they all had the time and resources to set up interviews and press releases taking potshots from afar.
...which is all the more amazing that you would find Inhofe's feet being held to the fire by none other than our own Fox affiliate:

http://www.fox23.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=3370650

Inhofe didn't even seem to be aware that he was speaking to a station in his "home state".

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org