A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:23:22 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Keystone XL Pipeline  (Read 131856 times)
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2012, 01:56:26 pm »

ruh roh..now you've done it.  Common sense.

The GOP has thrown up so much ideological horsepucky about this that everybody seems to forget that there's a purpose behind the approval period.  And the purpose is to be smart about giving our stuff away.  As I said, it's ridiculous not to.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2012, 03:09:38 pm »

because being prudent about risk is not only smart business, it's essential business

Only if you're small. If you're too big to fail being prudent about risk is only a handicap. After all, Treasury or the Fed will be along to bail you out shortly if your pollyannish attitude towards risk comes back to bite you in the donkey.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2012, 03:52:19 pm »

Obama's thrown his support behind the southern leg of the pipeline from Cushing to the Gulf.

I'm interested to see the enormous rush of new jobs for Oklahoma this will provide.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/21/usa-keystone-obama-idUSL1E8QL0G320120321
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2012, 08:30:56 am »

Obama's thrown his support behind the southern leg of the pipeline from Cushing to the Gulf.

I'm interested to see the enormous rush of new jobs for Oklahoma this will provide.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/21/usa-keystone-obama-idUSL1E8QL0G320120321

Old news.  He said this when he kaboshed the northern part back in January.

Anyone else think it’s mildly coincidental that Warren Buffet’s railroad interests profit greatly moving tar sands oil from Canada without the pipeline right now?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2012, 09:04:54 am »

As coincidental that no state leaders were on hand to meet the leader of the free world at the world crossroads of pipelines. Yet, they managed to sling some political trash on the local airwaves. Way to represent our state Fallin. Just don't answer the phone eh?

My guess is that the pipelines are going to be operational after all the political crap dissipates. In the meantime inferences will be made.

onward...through the fog
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2012, 09:22:24 am »

As coincidental that no state leaders were on hand to meet the leader of the free world at the world crossroads of pipelines. Yet, they managed to sling some political trash on the local airwaves. Way to represent our state Fallin. Just don't answer the phone eh?

My guess is that the pipelines are going to be operational after all the political crap dissipates. In the meantime inferences will be made.

Roll Eyes

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — No state officials will be on hand to greet President Barack Obama when he arrives in Oklahoma on Wednesday.

Officials representing Gov. Mary Fallin and Lt. Gov. Todd Lamb confirmed Wednesday that both Republicans were out of state and would not be available to greet the president.

Next in line as acting governor is Senate President Pro Tem Brian Bingman, and a spokesman for Bingman says his office hasn’t been contacted by White House officials.

Tinker Air Force Base officials say several military leaders and two local mayors will be on hand to greet the president when Air Force One arrives about 9:30 p.m. Wednesday.

Fallin’s Commerce Secretary Dave Lopez plans to visit with Obama when he travels to the Cushing area Thursday to discuss domestic energy

ttp://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/03/21/no-oklahoma-state-officials-to-greet-obama/

Fallin spokesman Alex Weintz said the governor wasn’t contacted about the president’s visit until Sunday. The trip was announced to the media last Friday.

“The president’s office didn’t ask to have anyone from our office greet him,” Weintz said. “The president’s office invited the governor to participate in the event in Cushing, and since the governor is out of town, we’re sending Secretary (of Commerce Dave) Lopez.”

Lamb is at a conference in Washington, D.C. Next in line as acting governor is Senate President Pro Tem Brian Bingman, and a spokesman for Bingman said his office hadn’t been contacted by White House officials. The lone Democrat in Oklahoma’s congressional delegation — U.S. Rep. Dan Boren of Muskogee — was in Washington and didn’t plan to meet with the president.

http://enidnews.com/state/x467323178/No-top-Oklahoma-officials-greet-President-Obama-at-Tinker-AFB
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 09:24:23 am by Conan71 » Logged

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2012, 10:12:50 am »

Probably best.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2012, 10:28:44 am »

Conan, yeah, whatever. We had prior commitments is bs. We're talking an opportunity to go face to face with someone pretty important and in regards to our basic industry here and no one in our outspoken conservative leadership stepped up for us. Just what was that prior committment anyway? No one bothered to ask. I particularly like that "He didn't ask us to greet him". We should have asked to greet him. Anyway, after his governors greeting in AZ maybe he didn't care to meet another southern radical state governor.

You made an inference about Buffet and the XL pipeline. I simply made an inference about the presidents visit and nobody showing up to engage him. Both about equal.

onward...through the fog
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2012, 10:37:48 am »

Conan, yeah, whatever. We had prior commitments is bs. We're talking an opportunity to go face to face with someone pretty important and in regards to our basic industry here and no one in our outspoken conservative leadership stepped up for us. Just what was that prior committment anyway? No one bothered to ask. I particularly like that "He didn't ask us to greet him". We should have asked to greet him. Anyway, after his governors greeting in AZ maybe he didn't care to meet another southern radical state governor.

You made an inference about Buffet and the XL pipeline. I simply made an inference about the presidents visit and nobody showing up to engage him. Both about equal.

Try reading the articles I posted instead of running with your partisan theories.  Lamb was already scheduled for a conference in DC and Fallin is on a family vacation in Puerto Rico.  I suppose she was expected to pre-empt that at the last minute to accommodate the President’s campaign stop?  They did arrange for her commerce secretary to meet with him in Cushing.  The next ranking Republican was not invited by the White House advance people to meet with the President.  It’s not as simple as showing up for an audience with the president because you are a political leader.

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2012, 11:12:29 am »

Try reading the articles I posted instead of running with your partisan theories.  Lamb was already scheduled for a conference in DC and Fallin is on a family vacation in Puerto Rico.  I suppose she was expected to pre-empt that at the last minute to accommodate the President’s campaign stop?  They did arrange for her commerce secretary to meet with him in Cushing.  The next ranking Republican was not invited by the White House advance people to meet with the President.  It’s not as simple as showing up for an audience with the president because you are a political leader.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good narrative.  Wink

Does anyone find it interesting that the President is here to show support for the southern leg of the pipeline that he could do almost nothing to stop? That's like Mayor Cornett showing up in downtown OKC and pronouncing that he was for Devon building the giant fallace down the street. Or even better, supporting the Thunder winning the championship, after they have won it.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2012, 11:28:55 am »

Isn't it? Arizona's governor managed to come face to face on the tarmac. She used her opportunity. Fallin's personal vacation is of no interest to her constituency. She represents us 24/7/365. What would you do if you were on vacation and word came to you that your employer was about to unveil something of great interest to your employment? Would you wait for him to invite you back? She gets no excuses, especially since she found time to release an accusatory (anything but welcoming) press release on her vacation time.

Why do you believe this was anything but partisan? Its an election year. I wouldn't be surprised if the president intentionally showed up while she was on vacation, especially after AZ's reception. That would mean she either was percieved as snubbing him or if she flew back would have to explain why she showed him any respect at all.  I doubt Sully or Boren wanted to be there either lest someone snapped a pic of them smiling and shaking hands with the enemy.

onward...through the fog
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2012, 11:42:00 am »

Fallin is on a family vacation in Puerto Rico.

Fallin's excuse is that she's on vacation? More like Failin', if that's the best she can come up with. I'm incredulous because just last week I saw some mid-level office worker have to cancel her family's vacation because of stupid office politics. I think expecting the governor to do the same for an even better reason is not unreasonable. She should get the same treatment as the least of us, which is to say she should have her vacations interrupted and generally expected to work stupid hours at the whim of others.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
dbacks fan
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2012, 11:49:11 am »

Isn't it? Arizona's governor managed to come face to face on the tarmac. She used her opportunity. Fallin's personal vacation is of no interest to her constituency. She represents us 24/7/365. What would you do if you were on vacation and word came to you that your employer was about to unveil something of great interest to your employment? Would you wait for him to invite you back? She gets no excuses, especially since she found time to release an accusatory (anything but welcoming) press release on her vacation time.

That's because Brewer spends more time in the state trying to take care of state issues and she doesn't believe in kissng anyones donkey.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2012, 11:53:32 am »

And yet, we keep electing these clowns.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2012, 11:56:24 am »

That's because Brewer spends more time in the state trying to take care of state issues and she doesn't believe in kissng anyones donkey.

Yeah, like taking care of worrying about illegal immigrants when her prison department is letting dangerous criminals escape so they can butcher Oklahomans on vacation.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org