A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:27:58 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gina & Guiseppe's closed  (Read 8196 times)
DTowner
City Father

« on: February 03, 2012, 01:30:34 pm »

According to Scott Cherry blog post, RiverWalk claims another victim:

Gina & Guiseppe's closes on RiverWalk Crossing
2/3/2012 11:29:24 AM

Jackie Macri Spraker has informed me that she and her family have closed Gina & Guiseppe's Italian Ristorante on the RiverWalk Crossing in Jenks.

"I think we had a good product but a bad location," Spraker said. "We just couldn't survive on the RiverWalk any longer."

When it opened in 2005, Gina & Guiseppe's was riding the first wave of restaurants to locate in the new shopping center facing the Arkansas River. Today, the only restaurants remaining from those days are the Melting Pot and Los Cabos.

Spraker said there are no immediate plans to relocate Gina & Guiseppe's.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 01:34:16 pm »

I wasn't that impressed with the food and the couple of times I went there, the service was pathetic.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 01:52:16 pm »

"I think we had a good product but a bad location," Spraker said. "We just couldn't survive on the RiverWalk any longer."

YA THINK
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 01:52:49 pm »

Service suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked!

They were good for the first few years when the atmosphere was casual.  The had big honkin beers and great pizza, and a family enviroment.  Then they had some consultant come in (I assume) and tell them that they needed to add fancy tablecloths, candles, dim the lights, increase their prices and change the menu.  Oh, and I think they required the wait-staff to all start smoking crack or something, because you couldn't' get their attention unless you threw silverware at them.  What used to be a nice 30min pizza & pasta dinner with the kids, became an hour and a half expensive frustration watching your waiter chat with the bartender.

They completely committed suicide.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 02:11:07 pm »

Definitely another example of an owner refusing to accept any blame for their poor management.  Somehow Los Cabos and Melting Pot have remained solvent.  If G & G's had a product worth going there for, I would have been a repeat customer as I'm sure others would have too.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 02:18:40 pm »

Definitely another example of an owner refusing to accept any blame for their poor management.  Somehow Los Cabos and Melting Pot have remained solvent.  If G & G's had a product worth going there for, I would have been a repeat customer as I'm sure others would have too.

On a Tuesday night in the middle of an ice storm Los Cabos is packed. 

As for the melting pot, I think they really only need one customer to cover their expenses for the night.  I keep telling my wife that I am more then happy to melt a couple of Hershey bars and chop some fruit the blow $120 on dinner for two!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 02:21:51 pm »

Was this the place that started out with counter order pizza and pasta?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 02:23:18 pm »

As for the melting pot, I think they really only need one customer to cover their expenses for the night.  I keep telling my wife that I am more then happy to melt a couple of Hershey bars and chop some fruit the blow $120 on dinner for two!

Exactly!  I refuse to pay that much for something I can do just as well or better.  Hell I even refuse to do it when it's less.  The only high end meal I've had recently that I can honestly say I was blown away was Nonna's in Bricktown for FMC's birthday back in November.  About $170 with tip, but very worth it.  Service was top-notch, food quality and creativity were amazing.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 02:29:56 pm »

I really like the food, but the service was pretty consistently bad.

Dixie Cream closed too, but they claim to be moving. We will see.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 03:25:33 pm »

G&G's was tasty, but I haven't been there in anything remotely approaching recently, so I don't know what the service has been like in the last year or two. As far as the Melting Pot goes, it's tasty and completely worth it..once or twice a year. Maybe my thoughts are colored by the fact that Amex almost always pays for at least half my meal there. (Membership Rewards points can be redeemed for Melting Pot gift cards)

It does end up being $35pp before drinks, but again, for a special treat it's not too terribly bad.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2012, 03:24:58 pm »

Been over a year since I was out at GG service and food where bad. Was good in the beginning.

Thank you,
Robert Town
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2012, 04:22:03 pm »

I really like the food, but the service was pretty consistently bad.

Dixie Cream closed too, but they claim to be moving. We will see.

that's up there with "renovating"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org