A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:23:55 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TW - Tulsa ranked No. 5 nationally in out-of-state house searches  (Read 2869 times)
dioscorides
Civic Leader

« on: February 10, 2012, 11:05:06 am »

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/article.aspx?subjectid=32&articleid=20120210_32_E1_MetroT857889

By ROBERT EVATT World Staff Writer
Published: 2/10/2012  2:27 AM
Last Modified: 2/10/2012  4:59 AM

Metro Tulsa could be seeing a lot more people moving in from out of town, according to a new report.

Trulia, a national real estate listing website (tulsaworld.com/trulia ), has put Tulsa at No. 5 on the list of the top areas for out-of-state house hunters.

The website ranked each metro area by dividing the number of incoming property searches by out-of-towners in each area by the number of outgoing property searches by locals looking to leave. The study included searches made from Oct. 1 to Dec. 31.

Tulsa achieved a ratio of 2.48, meaning that for every local person looking at a house elsewhere there were nearly 2 1/2 people eyeing property here.

The top area for out-of-towners, Palm Bay/Melbourne/Titusville in Florida, had a ratio of 8.8.

The ratio dropped steeply among the top four areas.

Jed Kolko, Trulia's chief economist, said in a statement that the high number of southern areas represented in the top 10 reflected the fact that modern house hunters are looking for deals, and those areas have lower prices.

"Although locals in Florida, inland California and the Southwest are suffering from high foreclosure rates and lost equity, huge price declines since the height of the housing bubble have drawn house hunters from across the country," Kolko said.

The website noted that roughly one out of every three home searches noted on its website was across state lines.

Original Print Headline: Tulsa nets high rank for house hunters

There is an ancient Celtic axiom that says 'Good people drink good beer.' Which is true, then as now. Just look around you in any public barroom and you will quickly see: bad people drink bad beer. Think about it. - Hunter S. Thompson
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 02:05:29 pm »

Now if we could just get condons/apts in the core of the city to be the objects of their interest...

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 02:52:41 pm »

Now if we could just get condons/apts in the core of the city to be the objects of their interest...

you can usually get those at the corner drug sto....wait, what?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 03:34:23 pm »

I really really need to splellcheck.    Cheesy

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 12:33:12 pm »

Tulsa has alot going for it, it's America's best kept secret city. Good economy, the weather is not too bad, a bit cold with long winters but not real bad, and low cost of living. That's a good mix, plus toss in affordable housing and your sitting pretty. Mary Fallin wants to slowly end the state's income tax and that will really boost Oklahoma's economy we're be attracting jobs and business away from Texas.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 12:38:30 pm »

Tulsa has alot going for it, it's America's best kept secret city. Good economy, the weather is not too bad, a bit cold with long winters but not real bad, and low cost of living. That's a good mix, plus toss in affordable housing and your sitting pretty. Mary Fallin wants to slowly end the state's income tax and that will really boost Oklahoma's economy we're be attracting jobs and business away from Texas.

Sure it will...so where is the revenue going to come from then?  I lived in Texas and know that while they have no state income tax AND no sales tax on groceries, their property tax makes up for it.  I'm not saying don't end the tax, but to proclaim you want to end it in the middle of budget shortfalls is asinine..oh, wait, this is Mary Fallin we're talking about....

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 03:03:44 pm »

No feeding trolls Tongue Neat thing, not that searches mean much. I search in areas I could never live just out of intrest.

Thank you,
Robert Town
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 03:24:27 pm »

No feeding trolls Tongue Neat thing, not that searches mean much. I search in areas I could never live just out of intrest.

He actually brings up a good point.  You don't have to be a Tulsa resident to make a point about the state.  You just need to be one to make current points.

Shocked

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2012, 03:42:33 pm »

Sure it will...so where is the revenue going to come from then?  I lived in Texas and know that while they have no state income tax AND no sales tax on groceries, their property tax makes up for it.  I'm not saying don't end the tax, but to proclaim you want to end it in the middle of budget shortfalls is asinine..oh, wait, this is Mary Fallin we're talking about....

Its just like bloodletting. You take the bad blood out of sick people and it helps them get better. Right? The more blood you take out...the healthier you get. Right. And if you don't get healthy then its because you were too overcome with evil spirits or your faith was weak.

onward...through the fog
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org