A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:45:36 am
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) Whiskey Business Coming to First Street Lofts  (Read 30171 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2012, 10:04:54 am »

Maybe we should have a TulsaNow lunch at this new store?

Power is nothing till you use it.
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2012, 12:40:46 am »

I went in today for thei opening.  Small but good selection.  Excellent prices.  I got a free shotglass out of the deal.

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2012, 06:16:07 am »

I saw that they are now open. I plan on going this weekend.
tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2012, 12:30:20 pm »

Stopped in on my way back from lunch, got some wine and a free shot glass.  Probably not one of my fav selections, but I will make a point to buy from them sometimes to support downtown business!  They were super friendly and you can tell they are in it to be successful not some arrogant snobs that think you should be happy they let you shop there. . . I'd encourage others to go as well.  I thought their beer selection was pretty strong!

godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2012, 09:31:15 am »

Will have to stop by the next few  days. Thanks for the heads up!!

Thank you,
Robert Town
dioscorides
Civic Leader

« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2012, 01:32:11 pm »

my wife and i stopped by the store on saturday.  we had ridden our bikes to fat guys (it helps us feel better about ourselves for eating there) and then rode over to the liquor store.  we chained our bikes up to the lamp post outside before going in.  the owner was there and told us that we were more than welcome to just bring our bikes in and leave them by the door next time.  he was very nice and took time to talk to us about the store and things he would like to do in the future.  we bought 3 six packs of beer and a bottle of tequila in preparation for the upcoming holiday weekend.  it was our first trip to a liquor store on our bikes.  my wife has a milk crate attached to the back of her bike that the six packs fit into perfectly.  the prices all seemed reasonable and it was nice to be able to speak to the owner about his new business. we will definitely be going back.  oh yeah, we got two complimentary shot glasses too.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 01:38:25 pm by dioscorides » Logged

There is an ancient Celtic axiom that says 'Good people drink good beer.' Which is true, then as now. Just look around you in any public barroom and you will quickly see: bad people drink bad beer. Think about it. - Hunter S. Thompson
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2012, 03:25:46 pm »

my wife and i stopped by the store on saturday.  we had ridden our bikes to fat guys (it helps us feel better about ourselves for eating there) and then rode over to the liquor store.  we chained our bikes up to the lamp post outside before going in.  the owner was there and told us that we were more than welcome to just bring our bikes in and leave them by the door next time.  he was very nice and took time to talk to us about the store and things he would like to do in the future.  we bought 3 six packs of beer and a bottle of tequila in preparation for the upcoming holiday weekend.  it was our first trip to a liquor store on our bikes.  my wife has a milk crate attached to the back of her bike that the six packs fit into perfectly.  the prices all seemed reasonable and it was nice to be able to speak to the owner about his new business. we will definitely be going back.  oh yeah, we got two complimentary shot glasses too.

LOL! The liquor store is one of he places we regularly bike to.  I have a milk crate on my old fat tire bike, but my new panniers just came in for it.  Mrs. C put some on hers a month or so back and likes them far better than the crate.  I’ve managed to get a case of beer and a box of wine in the crate before, but it takes careful packing and no sharp maneuvers.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dioscorides
Civic Leader

« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2012, 08:28:12 am »

LOL! The liquor store is one of he places we regularly bike to.  I have a milk crate on my old fat tire bike, but my new panniers just came in for it.  Mrs. C put some on hers a month or so back and likes them far better than the crate.  I’ve managed to get a case of beer and a box of wine in the crate before, but it takes careful packing and no sharp maneuvers.

i have a feeling we will be biking to the liquor store a lot more now.  we bike to downtown quite often.  now its going to be, "hey, what do we need from the liquor store?" we balanced the beer as best as we could in my wife's crate.  she was worried all the way home that she was going to tip over.  it probably just takes some getting used to.  going up the hill between 11th and 13th on the trail was a bit of a struggle for her, but she made it.

There is an ancient Celtic axiom that says 'Good people drink good beer.' Which is true, then as now. Just look around you in any public barroom and you will quickly see: bad people drink bad beer. Think about it. - Hunter S. Thompson
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2012, 11:29:19 am »

I biked there the other day and I second the comments previously made. Decent selection, a bit sparse in the beer dept but not terrible. I'll be a frequent customer there.

Prior to this place, there wasn't much in the way of a decent liquor store near downtown. That one on Cherry Street (previously the closest to DT???) has the absolute worst selection.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org