A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:24:35 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any PSO contacts?  (Read 18955 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2012, 10:25:52 pm »

Nothing better than a 260!  Used to have one, had a very hard life, so got rid of the pieces...  have been keeping an eye out for another one at garage sales and antique shops.

How much do you want one?

http://www.simpsonelectric.com/index.asp?p=Products&id=30&sid=38&ss=31
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/search.shtml?searchQuery=simpson+260&op=search&Ntt=simpson+260&N=0&sst=subset

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2012, 09:33:56 am »

I'm even cheaper than you.  I am looking for the $10 to 20 dollar version used.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2012, 09:38:21 am »

Did they not have some sort of recent adjustment to pay for power plant upgrades or some such thing?  I've noticed my electric bill has been higher this winter over last winter.

New things recently:
- Contracted with the other power plant in Jenks for added capacity
- smartgrid pilot program
- demand-reduction programs (like those PSO rebates every HVAC company is advertising)

Keep in mind also that we had a refund coming back for months on each bill which made actual bills lower for awhile.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2015, 04:23:00 pm »

In case anyone still has complaints about PSO...it could be much worse!  You could have OG&E in central part of the state.

Have had a low voltage situation - they are delivering 103 volts to the outlet, rather than 120 volts.  Two separate electrician visits have occurred on site in the last 2 1/2 weeks - both evaluated the transformer and said that it is way too small for the application (multiple energy consuming air conditioning units) - by more than half...is 25kva, should be at least 60kva - and appears to be in process of failing completely.  Air conditioners won't operate at that voltage.  Afternoon temperatures indoors that are higher than the voltage delivered to the outlet!!  Their engineering department is said to have evaluated it and is said to agree.  And yet, no transformer replacement.

Everyone has been friendly, agreeable, and say they want to help.  But I guess a couple dozen consumers just don't really add up to enough for them to get excited enough to actually fix the problem.

If they can just drag it out until mid September, no problem...probably won't need air conditioning any more anyway!  

Wishing for PSO, yours truly,
H

« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 04:24:51 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org