A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 04:19:04 am
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Edward Delk's Bar and Restaurant  (Read 47899 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #105 on: May 23, 2013, 02:17:27 am »

They still got Hamm's??

From the land of sky blue waters....Hamm's, the beer refreshing....!!

Always kind of skunky....like Schlitz....

I lived on Hamms and Strohs in the 80s. Bud Light was a splurge. Michelob next up if I had spare change. Never forget my dad walking into my off base mobile home (active duty, 20 year old) and his seeing that 55 gallon black trash bag filled with empties, and the chain mail looking curtain made from the connecting pull tabs. 75 tabs across, and at least 50 tabs per column. The 30+ MD 20-20 bottles on the mantle was the topper. Sorry for the memory lane (or lack of memory) trip...

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #106 on: May 23, 2013, 06:56:03 am »

I lived on Hamms and Strohs in the 80s. Bud Light was a splurge. Michelob next up if I had spare change. Never forget my dad walking into my off base mobile home (active duty, 20 year old) and his seeing that 55 gallon black trash bag filled with empties, and the chain mail looking curtain made from the connecting pull tabs. 75 tabs across, and at least 50 tabs per column. The 30+ MD 20-20 bottles on the mantle was the topper. Sorry for the memory lane (or lack of memory) trip...

My dorm roomie had a chain of pull tabs.  Bud Light was still a couple of years away.  A case of Bud in cans was about $5.00.  Michelob and Lowenbrau were a bit pricey except for special occasions. There was no where near the present choice of domestic beer back then.  About the only alternative to light pilsner was Malt Liquor.  Colt 45, of course, and even AB had a malt liquor for a while.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #107 on: May 23, 2013, 10:52:58 am »

They better have been the gallon size MD20-20, or you were just a poser!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org