A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:47:36 pm
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Edward Delk's Bar and Restaurant  (Read 47893 times)
dbacks fan
« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2013, 01:04:33 pm »

I'm unfamiliar with the cost of this specific beer, but the other $10 one on their list, (Yeti) is about $10 at the liquor store.

I can't find online prices for any local stores, but it's $7 at Total Wine in Dallas. That's a pretty slight markup for a bar. I seem to remember a lot of big bottles at McNellie's going for nearly twice as much as liquor store price.

I know that a sixer of 12oz bottles in the stores (grocery & c-stores only) here is around $9.00, don't really see a lot of the 22oz bombers, and most of the bars here sell Rogue on tap. One of the ones that I have every now and then is Dead Guy Ale

http://rogue.com/beers/dead-guy-ale.php

and the cost is on average $4.00/pint, same for all the Rogue brews. Will check with a friend who is a bar manager here, unlees it was the rep from Rogue that she told to go jump in the river because of incompetent delivery drivers.
brunoflipper
El Presidente
City Father

« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2013, 03:00:36 pm »

Oooh, That's a bingo!
I assume Delk's is having a "clearance" sale.

"It costs a fortune to look this trashy..."
"Don't believe in riches but you should see where I live..."

http://www.stopabductions.com/
dbacks fan
« Reply #92 on: March 07, 2013, 01:43:30 am »

Okay, I was wrong on the price for a six of Rogue. It's $12.29, and on sale for $10.69 at the local grocer.

This one did not carry the 22oz bombers. Might have to go check out the Rogue Brewery because the also do spirits as well. Currently trying Pendleton Blended Whisky from the Hood River Distilery. Mighty tasty.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 01:46:22 am by dbacks fan » Logged
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #93 on: March 07, 2013, 07:44:55 am »

Okay, I was wrong on the price for a six of Rogue. It's $12.29, and on sale for $10.69 at the local grocer.

This one did not carry the 22oz bombers. Might have to go check out the Rogue Brewery because the also do spirits as well. Currently trying Pendleton Blended Whisky from the Hood River Distilery. Mighty tasty.

Rogue has a tendency to be a bit pricey around here.  The store I usually go to has more 22 oz bombers than 6 packs in Rogue.  I think American Amber Ale is the only one under about $7.

Edit:

$7/22 oz bomber is equivalent to about $22.91/6 pack of 12 oz bottles.  Most of the bomber prices are now pushing that price.  My squeaky wallet says that's too much except for a special occasion.  There is still plenty of good beer out there at less than $12/6 pack.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 07:56:41 am by Red Arrow » Logged

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #94 on: March 18, 2013, 09:01:51 pm »

Tavolo location?
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #95 on: March 18, 2013, 10:19:27 pm »

Tavolo location?

Yup
http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/post.aspx?Justin_Thompson_to_open_Tavolo_Italian_Bistro_downtown/21-19506
http://tavolotulsa.com/  (just a logo)
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2013, 07:24:31 am »

Sounds great.  Would love an Italian restaurant in that area. 

I hope they "cozy up" the interior decor.  Delk's didn't feel... comfortable, like a place where you would enjoy taking the time to hang out and chat for a while, and thus draw you back to visit again.  I think it didn't have many booths or spots where if you were one of the first few people in there you could still feel you were in a cozy comfortable spot (booths help with that as one example you see in many places).  If you were one of the only people there you felt "out in the open" and "naked".  Sure the place would have worked ok if it were packed,,, but as I always say, you have to have a place that feels comfortable for the first people because there will always be a time when that is going to be the case, and if they don't feel comfortable and leave with that experience you might whittle away your customer base. Lot of people don't consciously think of this stuff when they are in a restaurant like I do lol, but they still feel it to some degree none the less. 

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
dbacks fan
« Reply #97 on: March 20, 2013, 02:35:05 am »

Rogue has a tendency to be a bit pricey around here.  The store I usually go to has more 22 oz bombers than 6 packs in Rogue.  I think American Amber Ale is the only one under about $7.

Edit:

$7/22 oz bomber is equivalent to about $22.91/6 pack of 12 oz bottles.  Most of the bomber prices are now pushing that price.  My squeaky wallet says that's too much except for a special occasion.  There is still plenty of good beer out there at less than $12/6 pack.

I talked with my friend that is the bar manager here, and it was Rogue that she told they were not welcome anymore because of pricing and delivery issues. Almost all of the bars around here do not sell the 22oz bombers, because they can make more from $3.75 to $4.00 pints for the beers brewed in the area, and of the people willing to pay $2.50 for PBR and Hams. The grocery stores, c/stores, and the smoke shop near me sell the 22oz, and the smoke shop actually has Olde English 40's in the cooler. (the smoke shop, sells some of the cheaper/malt liquor brews)

An interesting note on Rogue, the have a brewery in Newport Oregon that you can tour, and they have a restaurant at the brewery as well, and at the restaurant if you order one of their brews it's $5.00 a pint for beer that is brewed in the same building. This may be a result of the tax laws in Oregon, which are almost as screwy as Oklahoma, and if I happen to be close to California for some reason, I will go into CA to buy liquor or beer as it is almost half the price here, even with having to pay sales tax. As an example, I like Segrams VO. A 750ml of VO is $18.95 in OR, in CA it is $12.95. (makes me miss Arizona, where at Total Wine, a 750ml was $8.99, and if you like Crown Royal, here it is around $28.00 for a 750ml, and if you want a 1.75ml it's around $52.00) The other thing here is, it does not matter which liquor store you go to, the prices are the same, and same as well when you go to the grocery store, the price of beer and wine is the same, regardless of the store you go into, and if you buy bottled beer, you pay $.05 per bottle or can as a deposit. It's included in the price. So if you buy a sixer for $8.99, while there is no sales tax (yeah right) you pay $.30 as a deposit on bottles and cans, and if you buy bottled water and soda in plastic bottles, you pay $.05 on each one. Which is supposed to entice you to return the bottles and cans to a store to get your $.05 back. This also explains why most of the bars here have a large number of beers on tap because they don't want to deal with the deposit on beer bottles, and having to return them to get the money back. It may not sound like much, but it adds up.

As for the new venture at Delks, hope they do well. I'm still hoping to get back some time to see the changes in downtown.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 03:28:31 am by dbacks fan » Logged
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2013, 04:04:05 pm »

Soft opening Thurs (May 23rd) eve:
http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/post.aspx/Tavolo_Italian_Bistro_to_open_with_charity_event_Thursday/20416
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #99 on: May 20, 2013, 07:42:20 pm »

Pardon my cynicism, but given the owner/operator's M.O. I think I'll have the Chicken Marsala with a side of hefty pretentiousness.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
rdj
City Father

« Reply #100 on: May 21, 2013, 07:47:02 am »

Thompson isn't an owner, only a paid consultant of sorts.  Same ownership as Delk's.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #101 on: May 21, 2013, 08:07:16 am »

Thompson isn't an owner, only a paid consultant of sorts.  Same ownership as Delk's.

I got an email in my business account from Justin Thompson Consulting announcing the opening this morning.  I had no idea he'd gone into full-blown restaurant consulting. 

Regardless, it's same situation as Delks then just a different motif.  Wasn't he brought in as a consultant on that one as well?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
rdj
City Father

« Reply #102 on: May 21, 2013, 09:29:19 am »

I was told by an investor in his other ventures he was brought in to try and save it.  It was too little too late, soon recommended they shut down and re-brand.  It's a neat space in a great location.  Hopefully they can get it right this time.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #103 on: May 21, 2013, 01:52:01 pm »

Almost all of the bars around here do not sell the 22oz bombers, because they can make more from $3.75 to $4.00 pints for the beers brewed in the area, and of the people willing to pay $2.50 for PBR and Hams.

They still got Hamm's??

From the land of sky blue waters....Hamm's, the beer refreshing....!!

Always kind of skunky....like Schlitz....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #104 on: May 22, 2013, 02:11:35 pm »

They still got Hamm's??

From the land of sky blue waters....Hamm's, the beer refreshing....!!

Always kind of skunky....like Schlitz....

Excellent stool softener though.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org