A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:45:33 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: French Drains  (Read 4952 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« on: May 01, 2012, 12:35:36 pm »

Does the city require a septic tank for french drains to empty into, or will a conventional gravel drywell still be ok?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 02:23:37 pm »

http://library.municode.com/index.aspx?clientID=14783&stateID=36&statename=Oklahoma

Power is nothing till you use it.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 02:10:48 pm »

While I would like nothing more than a quick romp through our old zoning laws, I was sort of wondering why a house in midtown would be installing a prefab plastic septic tank in their back yard.   
I'm guessing it's related to the french drain work they are doing, possibly a cistern?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 08:13:08 pm »

Cystern makes sense.

Maybe they just don't want to be on city sewer no more.

I have a septic system. I don't pay anything to the gubmint I don't have to.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 08:31:52 pm »

I don't pay anything to the gubmint I don't have to.

But, but, but..... how is the gubmint going to pay for all those services they provide to you?

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 08:34:17 pm »

But, but, but..... how is the gubmint going to pay for all those services they provide to you?

cash under the table

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 09:01:06 pm »

cash under the table

How could I forget the time honored way?

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 10:47:14 pm »

While I would like nothing more than a quick romp through our old zoning laws, I was sort of wondering why a house in midtown would be installing a prefab plastic septic tank in their back yard.   
I'm guessing it's related to the french drain work they are doing, possibly a cistern?

Snooping on your neighbors?

Are you the Mrs. Kravitz of the neighborhood?

“Abner!!!! the Stephens are having a septic tank put in their back yard!!!  Oh and I saw that beotch on her broom again!!!  Really!! No it’s not the vodka talking this time!!!"

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org