A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:29:37 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cork Wine Cafe  (Read 16127 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« on: January 23, 2012, 10:39:21 am »

Location(s) Being Reviewed:
Date/Time of Visit: Friday January 20th
Quality of Food (1-5): 5
Menu/Food Options (1-5): 5
Quality of Service (1-5): 5
Atmosphere (1-5): 5
Overall Rating (1-5): 5
Price ($-$$$$$): $$$$
What makes this restaurant unique:

Formerly il Bacio, we decided to go on Friday night for dinner.  We've always enjoyed the wine and atmosphere, but now, with the name change, they offer a full menu.  I had the halibut crusted in almonds and curry powder in a light cream sauce, and my wife had lemon caper chicken.  Both dishes were outstanding.

Some friends who joined us ordered the burger (enormous and piled high with french fried onions), and the pork chop (easily two inches thick, bone-in, and absolutely beautiful).  They also feature seared ahi tuna and beautiful steaks.  We were all extremely impressed with our food. 

I typically am not a fan of polenta because it tends to be "blah," but the polenta served as a side was amazing!  Top it all off with a bottle of Calistoga Zin, and what a meal!

Besides a selection of fantastic wines, they also feature Scotches, and artisan beers. 

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 10:43:23 am »

Was Il Bacio the Italian place at 71st & Hwy 75 that was getting such mixed reviews?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 10:48:55 am »

Was Il Bacio the Italian place at 71st & Hwy 75 that was getting such mixed reviews?

No, this place is on 81st and Memorial, tucked in next to Bounce-U.  It was just a wine bar until a couple of weeks ago.  Great interior atmosphere!

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 10:52:27 am »

We were semi-regulars even when we were in mid-town.  Gaspar's right, good atmosphere inside and excellent wine/beer selection.

Thanks for the review, we'll be sure to run by to try the food.

Did they expand to incorporate the kitchen?
TeeDub
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 10:52:32 am »

No, this place is on 81st and Memorial, tucked in next to Bounce-U.  It was just a wine bar until a couple of weeks ago.  Great interior atmosphere!

91st and Memorial.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 10:58:18 am »

I broke down and had a burger here last week....best burger in a looooonnnng time.

I was trying to keep a secret. Besides, I'm not a spammer. Gassie, are your shots big enough?
rdj
City Father

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 11:01:17 am »

I'm confused by the pictures.  Did you sneak into the kitchen?  Do you take a chef's knife, tongs and a cutting board every where you eat?  Or, do you just not use plates?  Take out?

Heard similar things from other friends.  I'll need to get by there when I'm in south Tulsa.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 11:04:58 am »

Zach and Chris Collins' hired a really decent chef for this place.

tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 11:26:36 am »

We met the owner in Eureka Springs last weekend, really nice guy and seems to want to continue to develop, but understands the market well.  I've heard great things as well, just bought the groupon, will make sure I go!  I forget about it, and I live out South!

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 11:46:46 am »

I'm confused by the pictures.  Did you sneak into the kitchen?  Do you take a chef's knife, tongs and a cutting board every where you eat?  Or, do you just not use plates?  Take out?

Heard similar things from other friends.  I'll need to get by there when I'm in south Tulsa.

Sniped em from the website. . . but I do carry a cutting board with me everywhere I go.  You never know when you're going to run into an opportunity to carve some meat!

DTowner
City Father

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 04:46:55 pm »

How late do they serve food?
tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2012, 05:14:24 pm »

From TW review of the place:

CORK WINE CAFE
8922 S. Memorial Drive
918-615-3383

Food:

Atmosphere:

Service: (on a scale of 0-4 stars)

4 p.m. to midnight (kitchen 4-10 p.m.) Monday-Thursday and 4 p.m. to 2 a.m. (kitchen 4 p.m. to midnight) Friday-Saturday; accepts all major credit cards.

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/article.aspx?subjectid=39&articleid=20111222_39_WK15_CUTLIN105760

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2012, 07:55:05 pm »

How late do they serve food?

On plates with silverware.  Oh, and there are napkins too.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2012, 08:04:35 pm »

On plates with silverware.  Oh, and there are napkins too.

Bounty roll napkins?

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2012, 07:04:21 am »

Round two:

Went on Saturday night.  Ordered the bone-in pork chop. 

WOW!

2" thick pork chop (two ribs).  Tender and juicy all the way through without a scrap of fat.  Light Dijon cream sauce, green beans and garlic mash potatoes.  $26, but I would have paid twice that!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org