A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:02:40 pm
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miscellaneous, distracted, various, and inimitable  (Read 143736 times)
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #210 on: September 30, 2016, 05:29:48 am »

Its the 29th of September and Lowes already has Christmas lights in stock.

But the selection now is really good.  If I could get away with putting them up in this weather...

/distraction

Ever been to Hobby Lobby. Will BLOW YOUR MIND!!!

Seriously, their calendar must move up slightly every year. Pretty soon they are going to be rolling out the fall decoration in March, Halloween in April & Christmas in May.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #211 on: September 30, 2016, 11:17:27 am »

Whoa whoa whoa guys...What's up with the WAR ON CHRISTMAS?

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #212 on: October 14, 2016, 09:24:14 am »

I have driven around the country quite a bit and have told friends and family that "Okie Driving" is not just an Oklahoma phenomenon.  Most are skeptical.

Well, now I have proof!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tSwJ8zesOM

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #213 on: October 14, 2016, 09:49:42 am »

I have driven around the country quite a bit and have told friends and family that "Okie Driving" is not just an Oklahoma phenomenon.  Most are skeptical.

Well, now I have proof!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tSwJ8zesOM

This is why BMW drivers get the reputation as doosh rockets.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #214 on: October 14, 2016, 10:41:12 am »

It's every type of car...  Used to be Cadillacs and Continentals.... Land Rover drivers seem to be wanting in on the action, too.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #215 on: October 14, 2016, 10:54:41 am »

This is why BMW drivers get the reputation as doosh rockets.

It seems to me the chances of someone using a turn signal or driving courteously seems to be the inverse of the sticker price of the car they drive.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #216 on: October 14, 2016, 01:22:41 pm »

It seems to me the chances of someone using a turn signal or driving courteously seems to be the inverse of the sticker price of the car they drive.

That makes me the best and nicest driver in the state - mine don't ever have stickers...the current ones all cost less than $3,000....

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #217 on: October 14, 2016, 03:18:03 pm »

That makes me the best and nicest driver in the state - mine don't ever have stickers...the current ones all cost less than $3,000....

But do you signal with your middle finger often?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #218 on: October 14, 2016, 09:10:54 pm »

But do you signal with your middle finger often?

Not as much as you might think.  I am very calm driver.

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #219 on: October 16, 2016, 08:38:37 am »

I carried about 7000lbs of amped up football players to a football game Friday. As I made a left out of the school parking lot, a car a block away started to honk and wave their fingers furiously at me for having the temerity to turn in front of them. I remarked to the coach, that they must be friends of his trying to get his attention. "Should we stop and be friendly?" He seemed to consider it but simply cursed and said they weren't friends of his but he sure liked the way I drive.

You just never know what's waiting behind the doors of the car you just fingered. Smiley

onward...through the fog
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #220 on: October 24, 2016, 09:44:01 am »

I carried about 7000lbs of amped up football players to a football game Friday. As I made a left out of the school parking lot, a car a block away started to honk and wave their fingers furiously at me for having the temerity to turn in front of them. I remarked to the coach, that they must be friends of his trying to get his attention. "Should we stop and be friendly?" He seemed to consider it but simply cursed and said they weren't friends of his but he sure liked the way I drive.

You just never know what's waiting behind the doors of the car you just fingered. Smiley

That's why I am always a polite driver.  I can make mistakes and others can be counted on to make them.  Not worth the high blood pressure.

Had a guy got so pissed one time 'cause I was only doing the speed limit - he wanted to go faster, I guess...even though he had another lane to go to...he got out of his car at a stop light with a very large wrench and came toward me yelling, screaming, threatening - all the typical 'entitled' fancy expensive car guy stuff...  He got within about 20 feet of me and I simply, quietly asked him, "Are you sure...?"  Only words I said.  While making sure he saw the 1911  .45 automatic I carry.  He said no problem, he was just leaving....

True story.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #221 on: December 19, 2016, 05:54:46 pm »

Anybody know anything about W. L. Walker, Co in Tulsa?   I thought I had heard of most of the smaller manufacturing shops around, but that one is new to me... some interesting products...

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #222 on: February 21, 2017, 04:33:02 pm »

In particular for William the Artist... but others may appreciate it too!

http://www.boredpanda.com/artists-work-for-free-ryan-estrada-emmie-tsumura/

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #223 on: September 22, 2017, 12:24:47 pm »

Good day to post about Tesla.

This is for anyone interested in 'geeky', 'how it's made' stuff.  Tesla factory front to end.  I particularly liked the motor section and the inverter section.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVCCroN7vS0

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #224 on: November 01, 2017, 10:58:11 am »

I may have posted this before...if so, it's worth repeating...

Since one of the big controversies in the nation today revolves around the flag, I thought this might be of some small interest.  And I'm gonna make a sweeping comment/bet here - that nobody has heard this version before.

Click on the link - a bar just below the program title has an arrow to click to listen. Then, one can listen to the entire show, worthwhile but the part of interest here is at 1:50:00. Click on the grey bar across the bottom of that small window - over on the right side, almost directly under the vertical bar between elapsed time and total time - bar shown as red in this example;

1:50:00 | 1:59:15

Worth the effort....

https://www.prairiehome.org/shows/57219

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org