A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:28:22 pm
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miscellaneous, distracted, various, and inimitable  (Read 143748 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #180 on: April 28, 2016, 01:48:28 pm »

Ok.  I'll bite...it is just too obtuse for me today....

Huh??

Edwardsa
Tourist

« Reply #181 on: April 28, 2016, 09:53:29 pm »

Oh and with the mix that will be made can I make multiple infusions with it or is it going to be just one use per infusion?
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #182 on: April 28, 2016, 10:11:14 pm »

Smells like spam.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #183 on: April 29, 2016, 09:49:33 am »

Smells like spam.

Mmmm...!!  SPAM...fried, with eggs over easy, and home fries!!

Gotta go to Hawaii....soon!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #184 on: April 29, 2016, 09:57:04 am »

I saw the interview with him last night.  He’s a smug little tool.  People’s lives depend on the drug.  You don’t just go in and raise it from $14 to $750 overnight and expect there not to be significant blowback.  Of course, he claims the exorbitant price will end up funding research for a much better drug.  than this one.

Resurrecting the old....have a sister who just recently got caught in one of those events.  Don't know what the drug was, but she was at $3.00 per pill.  About 4 months ago, it jumped to about $45 a pill.  

Yeah, Republicontins, there's nothing wrong with healthcare in this country that a little more deregulation won't fix....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #185 on: June 22, 2016, 09:37:01 am »

Ok...what is the deal with AAON ??   

2015 annual report with a picture of a city skyline on the front cover.  One might think, or at least hope, this hometown company headquartered here would maybe use Tulsa's very nice skyline.....

One would be tragically wrong!   It's Los Angeles.

Is this an omen?  Is Norman getting ready to bail on Tulsa?  What is going on ??

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #186 on: June 22, 2016, 11:01:53 am »

2015 = LA
2014 = Drummers, OMG, they're moving to Drummerville!
2013 = Colorado Mountains,OMG, they're moving to Colorado!
2012 = Snow covered trail, OMG, they're moving to Minnesota!
2011 = "Welcome to the State of Success," OMG, they're moving to an island in the Caribbean!
2010 = tree in a wheat field, OMG, they're moving to Kansas!
2008 = A ginger looking longingly at the sun. Seriously, that's the cover. I assume it means they're moving to Scotland.

Click it, you know you want to:
https://www.aaon.com/Documents/Investors/2008/AAON_2008_AnnualReport.pdf

[edit] I missed a year somewhere...[/edit]
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 11:08:54 am by cannon_fodder » Logged

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #187 on: June 22, 2016, 11:04:32 am »

2015 = LA
2014 = Drummers, OMG, they're moving to Drummerville!
2013 = Colorado Mountains,OMG, they're moving to Colorado!
2012 = Snow covered trail, OMG, they're moving to Minnesota!
2011 = "Welcome to the State of Success," OMG, they're moving to an island in the Caribbean!
2010 = tree in a wheat field, OMG, they're moving to Kansas!
2009 = A ginger looking longingly at the sun. Seriously, that's the cover. I assume it means they're moving to Scotland.

Click it, you know you want to:
https://www.aaon.com/Documents/Investors/2008/AAON_2008_AnnualReport.pdf

Oh, my geez.....

Have been trying to get in the door there, but maybe not so much now....

Somewhere along the line, they should have Tulsa.  At least every few years in rotation...

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #188 on: August 16, 2016, 07:49:34 am »

Once again, the Supreme Law of the Land is being treated like a piece of toilet paper!  I guess it's no surprise since that is exactly what every single "law and order" candidate - RWRE - has advocated for decades....  And just as Trump and his Clown Show are all about abrogating treaties, they find ample precedent to get away with it once again internationally and internally!  Why don't they just mow down those protestors with machine guns - it always worked before....!!

This is just "backing up" and coming from a different direction.  If they get this one built, then a simple extension to Gulf Coast is easy.  And then it is just a few short miles to connect to the TransCanada line coming from the north!   Anyone out there believe they have given up on that bad idea??

All without the publicity or pesky details of actually following the law!

http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/37222-lakota-lead-native-americans-ranchers-and-farmers-in-fight-against-dakota-access-pipeline

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #189 on: September 14, 2016, 09:30:58 pm »

Anyone out there "lucky" enough to need an EpiPen??

There is a long sordid tale of mystery and intrigue surrounding this.  Quick little side trip first for a compare/contrast moment

I have have known for decades about Federal funding - that's US people - of drug research...like the EpiPen.  Exactly the EpiPen.  Invented by a guy named Sheldon Kaplan.  At a place where he started in 1973, creating the device, originally called the ComboPen.  Patented in 1977, which as is typical gained large profits for the company and nothing in particular for the guy who made it happen.  He got to "keep" his job....

The U.S. Patent and Trade­mark Office was so impressed with him that in May inducted him into the National Inven­tors Hall of Fame, in Wash­ington, D.C., - noting that “since its intro­duc­tion in 1980, the EpiPen Auto-​​Injector has saved count­less lives.”  I am sure he was very happy that he was able to contribute so greatly to the advancement of healthcare - it is a noble ambition and goal, even if others are...how to phrase it...??....sleazy?? enough to gain massively from it while freezing out the guy whose back they ride on...?   Is that accurate enough, even if somewhat indelicate??

So let's stop right here for a minute and think about what this short introduction means.  Here is an invention which was patented almost 40 years ago.  Which was able to gain patent protection again in 2006.  WAY after the expiration of any legitimate patent protection.  But wait, there's more!   This just "coincidentally" was a product that was written into Federal law as a required item for schools across the country to buy and have on hand in case of emergency.  A good idea in itself.

The sleazy part of this then starts to surface when one realizes it was pushed hard by Senator Joe Manchin from West VA.  Who just happens to be the father of the CEO of Mylan Pharmaceutical.  The company that somehow managed to get another patent on existing technology.  And raised the price to over $600 for a mature product that SHOULD be in the public domain and absolutely generic by this point.  And was totally funded over 40 years ago by the US taxpayer.  Who is now being raped by a corrupt and paid for government. 

Quaint little side note - Faux News is now starting up their line of BS on a charitable organization that received $6 million for helping set up medical programs due to the fact that John Kerry's daughter is the head of the organization. 

Note the contrast - corporate bad behavior (regardless of political affiliation) gets a pass - is even encouraged in the name of capitalism, since Mylan is probably a component of Faux News buddies portfolio, while deomonization occurs of a program where they cannot skim millions off the top.

George Kaiser and some of his buddies could do a lot worse than fund research into a new EpiPen type device to replace the Mylan product.  And make it open source, so potentially deadly events won't be penalized with monetary raping and pillaging.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #190 on: September 15, 2016, 08:59:13 am »

Ha!!  I love this...GM is finally coming out with a car design they had back in the early 80's!

New York Times guy is really coming down hard on Tesla since they have taken a measured, well thought out approach to product introduction, including support infrastructure!   He has been paid to push the "goodness" of the GM offering, even to the point of casting aspersions on Tesla quality.  As compared to GM.... yeah...right...!!  

I wonder if GM is gonna provide free 'fuel' for the life of the car, like Tesla is doing??  

And the styling -- geez... it looks like a very poorly copied Prius!!  Bu$$-ugly!!  As we have come to expect from that "Good GM feeling..."  It may well appeal to the great unwashed GM Fanboy masses taste - all of which is in their mouths!

http://www.chevrolet.com/bolt-ev-electric-vehicle.html

GM quote -
“We have 108 years of manufacturing know-how,” Pam Fletcher, G.M.’s chief electric vehicles engineer, told me. “This is what we do.”

NO mention about doing it RIGHT !!

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/15/technology/how-did-gm-create-teslas-dream-car-first.html?WT.mc_id=2016-KWP-AUD_DEV&WT.mc_ev=click&ad-keywords=AUDDEVREMARK&kwp_0=228437&kwp_4=871479&kwp_1=426149&_r=0

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #191 on: September 15, 2016, 09:03:56 am »

We should really rename this topic, "Liars, Cheats, Chiselers and Thieves".

onward...through the fog
rebound
City Father

« Reply #192 on: September 15, 2016, 09:37:42 am »

We should really rename this topic, "Liars, Cheats, Chiselers and Thieves".

We hear it from the people of the town, they call us...

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #193 on: September 15, 2016, 09:48:18 am »

Tramps and thieves. The inimitable Cher. Pretty sure she is 90% plastic by now.

onward...through the fog
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #194 on: September 15, 2016, 10:06:33 am »

Ha!!  I love this...GM is finally coming out with a car design they had back in the early 80's!

New York Times guy is really coming down hard on Tesla since they have taken a measured, well thought out approach to product introduction, including support infrastructure!   He has been paid to push the "goodness" of the GM offering, even to the point of casting aspersions on Tesla quality.  As compared to GM.... yeah...right...!!  

I wonder if GM is gonna provide free 'fuel' for the life of the car, like Tesla is doing??  

And the styling -- geez... it looks like a very poorly copied Prius!!  Bu$$-ugly!!  As we have come to expect from that "Good GM feeling..."  It may well appeal to the great unwashed GM Fanboy masses taste - all of which is in their mouths!

http://www.chevrolet.com/bolt-ev-electric-vehicle.html

GM quote -
“We have 108 years of manufacturing know-how,” Pam Fletcher, G.M.’s chief electric vehicles engineer, told me. “This is what we do.”

NO mention about doing it RIGHT !!

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/15/technology/how-did-gm-create-teslas-dream-car-first.html?WT.mc_id=2016-KWP-AUD_DEV&WT.mc_ev=click&ad-keywords=AUDDEVREMARK&kwp_0=228437&kwp_4=871479&kwp_1=426149&_r=0

You should see the new Mercedes electric car............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arQ8_PW-RiA
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org