A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:04:22 am
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miscellaneous, distracted, various, and inimitable  (Read 143700 times)
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #165 on: February 17, 2015, 03:54:41 pm »

I am going to start a magazine/blog that goes to a different local bar each week and writes about their bourbon selection.

I'm calling it Bourbon Tulsa Weekly.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #166 on: February 17, 2015, 05:57:48 pm »

I am going to start a magazine/blog that goes to a different local bar each week and writes about their bourbon selection.

I'm calling it Bourbon Tulsa Weekly.

That's a great idea!  Looking forward to it.

I got a gift membership to a "whisky of the month club" from the kids.  Pretty cool.  3 at a time, quarterly.  Don't know what I will do between times - I guess go back to the old standby Wild Turkey.

Old Pulteney - single malt scotch, so I don't hold out much hope...  It says, "Robust, with a delicate hint of sea air".  Mmkay...

Black Dirt
McKenzie

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #167 on: February 23, 2015, 06:07:01 pm »

KOCO 5 news in OKC just reported on a couple of losers arrested for stealing mementos from the fence of the OKC bombing memorial...!

Ya just gotta share your head about how truly stupid people are.  Not to mention disgusting low-life scum.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #168 on: March 26, 2015, 09:04:45 am »

So last night, Sand Springs really caught the brunt of the storms, no doubt.

I happened to be in OKC area and was returning from Norman when stopped in Moore at their community center at 4th street and I-35 to take some pictures of some really beautiful cloud formations sweeping across the road.  Just as I finished the last shot - none of which turned out at all - SWMBO was screaming, "There's a tornado..." over and over.  Five seconds later, the debris cloud hit me.  It is a lot like standing in a sandblaster.  Large limbs blowing by, metal roofing, rocks, dirt, etc.

Got in car and drove south as quickly as possible.

Local news there was saying F0 or F1.  Nope.  At least F2 - many roofs taken off houses, schools.  Luckily, no where near as bad as 2013 or Sand Springs!

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #169 on: April 06, 2015, 08:12:26 am »

Just ran across a video of the stupidest person in California....the gray t-shirt.

http://www.statter911.com/2015/04/04/must-see-video-handling-the-citizen-complaint-on-the-grocery-store-run/

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #170 on: April 06, 2015, 08:09:30 pm »

And this was very refreshing.... Failin'....Inhofe....etc....

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1055775911102946&fref=nf

« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 08:11:08 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #171 on: September 23, 2015, 08:37:34 am »

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/drug-ceo-will-lower-price-daraprim-after-outrage-n431926

One of this clown's quotes.....

"It's very easy to see a large drug price increase and say 'Gosh, those people must be gouging.' But when you find out that the company is not really making any money, what does that mean?" Shkreli said in a phone interview with NBC News Tuesday. "It's very hard stuff to understand."

Gosh...you mean as CEO he did not do his "due diligence" on the $55 million dollar acquisition of that one drug to verify it was profitable?  Well, that's what hedge funds do, isn't it?  Buy money losing products for tens of millions of dollars....

Not hard to understand at all....it is the logical conclusion of the rush to deregulate we have had in this country since 1981.  All this with the background fact that taxpayer's pay on the order of 1/3 of the research costs that are making this such a money "losing" proposition for him.  So, even with 33% corporate welfare, he still can't make money selling it at only 13 times the total actual cost.... Sounds like corporate malfeasance to me...

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #172 on: September 23, 2015, 12:30:16 pm »

The risk in drug manufacturing is the sunk cost of R&D. You spend millions developing a heart pill, and it doesn't have the heart impact you wanted it to have (well, in that case you sell it as a penis pill and make BILLIONS. Bad example, but you get the point). If you develop a product that does work, you have to hope the side effects don't offset the benefits such that it gets FDA approval. You also have to hope that it can compete on the market.

Then, you have 14 years to make your money back and profit before generics come in.

It is a tough industry.

BUT... when the drug is long since established. Is the only product for the job on the market. And requires no marketing... then the formula is easy.  Volume*Price-cost=profit.  Not a lot of variables in there.  Volume has been steady for decades. Certainly you can fudge the cost here or there, but fairly set. And price is whatever you want to set it to such that you make a profit in the short term and discourage market entry in the long term (product out of patent).

In this instance, the idiot got greedy and jacked the prices up suddenly. Certainly he could have wielded a 20% increase and few would have taken note. Double it and several would have been upset, but no news story. But 5000% over night?  Idiot.

Now there will likely be some new market entry and he will cut his price due to pressure in the interim. In the long view, this is fodder for more governmental control of the industry.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #173 on: September 23, 2015, 03:09:23 pm »

The risk in drug manufacturing is the sunk cost of R&D. You spend millions developing a heart pill, and it doesn't have the heart impact you wanted it to have (well, in that case you sell it as a penis pill and make BILLIONS. Bad example, but you get the point). If you develop a product that does work, you have to hope the side effects don't offset the benefits such that it gets FDA approval. You also have to hope that it can compete on the market.

Then, you have 14 years to make your money back and profit before generics come in.

It is a tough industry.

BUT... when the drug is long since established. Is the only product for the job on the market. And requires no marketing... then the formula is easy.  Volume*Price-cost=profit.  Not a lot of variables in there.  Volume has been steady for decades. Certainly you can fudge the cost here or there, but fairly set. And price is whatever you want to set it to such that you make a profit in the short term and discourage market entry in the long term (product out of patent).

In this instance, the idiot got greedy and jacked the prices up suddenly. Certainly he could have wielded a 20% increase and few would have taken note. Double it and several would have been upset, but no news story. But 5000% over night?  Idiot.

Now there will likely be some new market entry and he will cut his price due to pressure in the interim. In the long view, this is fodder for more governmental control of the industry.

I saw the interview with him last night.  He’s a smug little tool.  People’s lives depend on the drug.  You don’t just go in and raise it from $14 to $750 overnight and expect there not to be significant blowback.  Of course, he claims the exorbitant price will end up funding research for a much better drug.  than this one.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #174 on: September 23, 2015, 05:06:21 pm »

It is a tough industry.

BUT... when the drug is long since established. Is the only product for the job on the market. And requires no marketing... then the formula is easy.  Volume*Price-cost=profit.  Not a lot of variables in there.  Volume has been steady for decades. Certainly you can fudge the cost here or there, but fairly set. And price is whatever you want to set it to such that you make a profit in the short term and discourage market entry in the long term (product out of patent).

In this instance, the idiot got greedy and jacked the prices up suddenly. Certainly he could have wielded a 20% increase and few would have taken note. Double it and several would have been upset, but no news story. But 5000% over night?  Idiot.

This one has been around 60+ years.  It is a treatment for malaria and something for AIDS.  And back when it was developed, Federal research money was a MUCH huger part of the funding to drug companies - WE paid for the development of this drug!  I have a relative who spent several decades at Eli Lilly back then doing the drug development thing...he talks, so I know how that stuff worked at that time.  

This particular one costs pennies to make - ANY development costs were amortized many decades ago.  They were already selling it for $13+ per pill.  This sleaze bag is just the same as the CEO selling tainted peanuts.  The only difference is that he has the real opportunity to kill thousands, where peanut-boy only killed 9.

There should be more government control of the industry, since we are subsidizing it so heavily.  Just like there should have been real reform to banking back when W gave $2.5 trillion to the banks in about two weeks...

Still not hard to understand at all....

« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 05:09:01 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #175 on: October 20, 2015, 01:59:09 pm »

Greetings and Salivations!

Am wondering if anyone out there in TV land - perhaps and Architect or Builder - has any experience with Durisol and/or Fab-Form ??   (If one has, one will know what they are...)

Regards,
H

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #176 on: January 15, 2016, 03:03:51 pm »

Oldie but very good.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/70Ikj1hZDnw

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #177 on: February 16, 2016, 12:24:03 pm »

So amazingly disingenous....Greta this time....her pathetic "crocodile tears" moment about the Carrier people losing their jobs...!!

Due to the policies of the Clown Show she is part of and the path traveled by her group since the Reagan era.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/video/greta-real-reason-1-400-022415589.html

As if she ever gave a hairy rat's a$$ about the workers in this country!!

Next she will be spouting lies like she thinks we should raise the minimum wage!!  Like so much of the extremist right is trying to use to cover their past.

Edwardsa
Tourist

« Reply #178 on: April 27, 2016, 08:58:18 pm »

Oh and with the mix that will be made can I make multiple infusions with it or is it going to be just one use per infusion?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #179 on: April 28, 2016, 12:29:57 pm »

Oh and with the mix that will be made can I make multiple infusions with it or is it going to be just one use per infusion?

Ok.  I'll bite...it is just too obtuse for me today....

Huh??

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org