A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:37:30 am
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miscellaneous, distracted, various, and inimitable  (Read 143708 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #135 on: August 12, 2014, 06:46:18 pm »

And as always, we can depend on Faux to be at the bottom - in the gutter!

http://news.yahoo.com/video/fox-news-host-apologizes-calling-000006480.html

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #136 on: August 12, 2014, 07:34:43 pm »

In watching the segment in which this happened, to his defense, he seemed as if he were thinking out loud.

Shep Smith, as far as I'm concerned, might be the sanest member of the Faux News camp.  I suspect it won't be long until Ailes can't intimidate him much anymore.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #137 on: August 12, 2014, 09:27:51 pm »

In watching the segment in which this happened, to his defense, he seemed as if he were thinking out loud.

Shep Smith, as far as I'm concerned, might be the sanest member of the Faux News camp.  I suspect it won't be long until Ailes can't intimidate him much anymore.

Then that just shows how far gone the entire Faux entity is.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #138 on: August 17, 2014, 11:37:21 am »

This by Business Insider would be comical if it weren't so serious for the economy and safety on the road!  There is no acknowledgement or recognition of the facts of driving a truck for a company... no mention of how many, if not most of the trucking companies steal from the drivers (Can you spell Covenant...)  Push drivers to drive illegally and punish them if they don't.  Provide periodic audits of driving logs, then punish again when the driver has complied with the initial push from their dispatcher to avoid that first punishment.  Pay the equivalent of about $6 an hour IF you don't drive legal.  Less if you do (and don't forget the punishment!) 

3 weeks out - 2 days home.  Any questions?

Local companies in all parts of the country overload trucks dramatically - to the tune of 140,000 to 160,000 lbs - with the legal limit of 80,000, without special permits.  Every one of our small regional companies does that.  Then require drivers to go the back roads to get around weigh stations, which also gets punishment from the highway patrol if caught.  And the overweight ticket....   

3 trailers?  Really???   Probably the single most dangerous affliction besides recaps on the steer tires that the industry inflicts not just one the driver, but others on the road.  Federal generated problem - the Fed allows 3 trailers!  If you have driven the Turner Turnpike more than about twice, you must have seen that kind of mess.   And yeah, recaps on the steers is strictly forbidden - I can give names of 2 companies in Tulsa who do it as standard procedure.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/heres-real-reason-why-trucking-134655908.html

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #139 on: August 27, 2014, 05:23:13 pm »

I hope I don't have premonitions - that previous post was only a few days ago!  Well, here is a case of 3 trailers happened this afternoon about 3:00 pm today.  Plus one other truck and an SUV.  Too early to tell exactly what happened, but it certainly wasn't help by having a train of trailers!

Tractor burning at 1 second.  Trailer 1 at 5 seconds.  Trailer two almost hidden in smoke at 12 seconds.  Trailer 3 at 15 seconds.  Other truck at 18 seconds.  SUV in front of second truck.

Wife and two sisters got caught in the traffic about 10 minutes after this happened, getting free of it about 3 hours later.

http://www.local8now.com/home/headlines/I-75-in-Campbell-County-shut-down-in-both-directions-for-tanker-crash-272921011.html

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #140 on: August 27, 2014, 06:03:46 pm »

Sad.  Stabbed and killed in the line of duty.  OKC K-9.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152663071964169&fref=nf

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #141 on: September 01, 2014, 03:07:39 pm »

Gotta buy some lumber.....   Lowe's it is!!

http://www.examiner.com/article/billionaire-threatens-charity-donations-if-pope-continues-support-for-the-poor

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #142 on: September 30, 2014, 02:15:59 pm »

I am wondering if anyone here knows of an architect in town doing extreme energy efficiency design?  Heavy on the residential, but with some light commercial experience...?

Keywords;  rockwool,  Swedish platform framing, earth-coil exchangers.

I know a guy who describes it as being able to cool the house with a bowl of ice and a fan.  Being able to heat with a couple of candles.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #143 on: September 30, 2014, 06:10:31 pm »

http://www.1architecture.com/

Power is nothing till you use it.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #144 on: September 30, 2014, 08:25:59 pm »

Thanks!  They look interesting.

Kinda heavy on light commercial, but may do some residential.  (I saw a couple of houses there.)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 08:31:43 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #145 on: October 02, 2014, 02:12:58 pm »

Wisconsin is enjoying the same kind of nonsense we get to indulge in....  plus, they have their own "Mary Failin'...."  (Scott Walker).

http://action.allianceforsolarchoice.com/page/s/mke-solar-choice

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #146 on: December 18, 2014, 06:32:29 pm »

Found this somewhat interesting....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brandan-robertson/4-teachings-of-jesus-that_b_6343320.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #147 on: January 22, 2015, 11:39:48 am »

I am told that someone has used my name in vain on the Tulsa World site.... just a note to anyone/everyone - this is the ONLY site I have set up an account with this name and have never posted anything on the Tulsa World site under any name.  So, if you see this name over there, it is not the authentic, genuine me!   Accept NO substitutes!!!

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #148 on: January 22, 2015, 12:30:31 pm »

I am told that someone has used my name in vain on the Tulsa World site.... just a note to anyone/everyone - this is the ONLY site I have set up an account with this name and have never posted anything on the Tulsa World site under any name.  So, if you see this name over there, it is not the authentic, genuine me!   Accept NO substitutes!!!

Are you sure it wasn’t heironymouspbroccoli?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #149 on: January 23, 2015, 05:04:49 pm »

Are you sure it wasn’t heironymouspbroccoli?

Don't know... is there a "spin-off" guy using that?

All hearsay since I don't go to the Whirled site.

Having a "Guy Fawkes-ian" type event/moment...  Cool !!!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org